Lost one bolt from skid plate after changing oil - part numbers?

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
pardon my ignorance I may just of over looked it but got a part number for #11? Damn oil change got me too
#11 on the diagram is p/n 90126-SR4-000
Sponsored

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Buy a bunch of them. I keep like 3 or 4 of them in my toolbox because I don’t like putting loctite into rivnuts, it can often cause them to break loose and just spin, then you’re really in trouble.
2FB6CEE8-92BB-4164-B8C9-EA1089460AB4.jpeg
+1 here on keeping the spares

Looked under the car one time to find that both of these were missing after knowing that I tightened them well without overtightening... I went and bought like 7 or 8, however many they had left that day, to ensure I would have spares when it inevitably happened again.

The parts guy looked at me like I was crazy but it wasn't the first time this had happened... happened on my '17 sport more than once back before I did my own maintenance. At like $2 a pop, not a big deal to stock up.

LongRun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
I'm glad I'm not the only one losing these bolts. (I am referring to the 2 flat-top machine screws, part 90105-TBA-A00.) I went for an oil change at a local shop and the technician put the skid plate back on wrong, which I only found out because he put the car on the lift to show me that one of these bolts was missing and assure me that it was not his fault. Anyway, I pointed out his other mistakes, which he immediately fixed, but this was not a Honda shop and I did not want to wait all day for them to get the part, so I took the car with the missing bolt. By the time I got around to putting in a new bolt, the other bolt had fallen out. I'm not happy with replacing these bolts on a regular basis, no matter how cheap they are.

Has there been a service bulletin about them?

Has anyone tried the purple Loctite @pinhead mentioned? I can't tell what material these things are made of and I'm wondering if I need primer.

Last edited:

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I just did oil change and I am missing one in the front middle from previous changes. If I'm missing 3-4 of them then I might start being concerned and getting new ones.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Are you referring to the 1/4 turn screws or the threaded screws in the front?

Loctite isnt gonna do anything for you. They just have to be put back on correctly. Only after taking it off and putting it back on several times did i really start understanding how to do it properly.

Dust and grit likes to get stuck between the panels that those 1/4 turn screws fasten in place. Like any of that junk in the holes makes it almost impossible to turn. They also only go in the hole 1 way. If youre having trouble with any of them, i suggest blasting some shop air into the holes first to get the grit out.

MrJustin81

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Lol I’ve got my skid plate attached with a zip tie in the front cause I lose something everytime 😂😂

DadBodReppin

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lost two of mine mid drive. Skid plate was scraping and got mangled. Took the other two out and removed that worthless thing. Haven't looked back since. That metal aka thin tin stuff won't protect anything.

stanleywinthrop

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I got this set. Yes they are aftermarket, but they fit perfectly.

About the only potential draw back is perhaps they may corrode quicker than OEM. Only time will give me the answer to that.

Radiator Engine Access Cover Pin with Lower Cover Bolt Fits for 2017-2020 Honda Civic Honda CRV 2014-2020 Honda Accord Replace 90674-TY2-A01 90674TY2A01 90105-TBA-A00 https://a.co/d/dGnlpg8

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Sport Touring 6MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I got this set. Yes they are aftermarket, but they fit perfectly.

About the only potential draw back is perhaps they may corrode quicker than OEM. Only time will give me the answer to that.

Radiator Engine Access Cover Pin with Lower Cover Bolt Fits for 2017-2020 Honda Civic Honda CRV 2014-2020 Honda Accord Replace 90674-TY2-A01 90674TY2A01 90105-TBA-A00 https://a.co/d/dGnlpg8
Thank you for this! Been trying to find these for awhile now.
Sponsored