Lost my job should i sell my type r

acag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' CTR (CW)
Country flag
I say sell the car to Carmax or Carvana like someone mentioned, they usually have the best quote options and stand by them. Bank the equity you made on the CTR then get something cheap to get you to point A-B... it's not a collector's item like a S2000 or ITR so you can always get something fun later.
Sponsored

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Man its extra hard out here. I'd Say!!! give yourself 6 months look aggressively for a job. Don't get rid of the Type R yet. There is work out here, even more for people willing to not remote and come into the office.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
My hesitancy is its a special car,my wife makes great $,and I still need a another car obviously. It does make financial sense though.I could get a new wrx base for msrp for 15k hmmm.payments would be in the 200s and it's plenty of car in reality. Subaru will give me 45885 for the type r.
No - keep the car find new job. You're going to regret selling it for a WRX.

Also -

WRX will top 30 in this market so what are you gaining?
WRX is less reliable - less fun - less fast - less practical - and mad ugly if you're thinking the new one

Sell when you have to, not because you're a bit panicked right now.

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
I was a assistant director making just north of 50k.my out look is tough because I have 2 young kids so I had to turn down a good offer at $24hr because of mandatory ot.I would have made bank honestly but don't have anyone to watch my children. So I might just go back to bartender/server Part time I was bringing home $800 in 30hrs.
Geez, I'm surprised you have a type R on that 50k to begin with! Sorry to hear, I’d say keep it and see how the next few weeks go

Mufasa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Dont wanna get all preachy. But this is a cautionary tale of living outside of ones means.
good luck and God bless.
Didn't wanna say it either....but damn. Almost didn't want to see that post :(. Financing a CTR at MSRP being over 50% gross income is not the move. Please sell it and get on the hunt for employment.

Infinity000

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2004 CR-V
Country flag
Your a grown man with a family. You are not a 20 year old kid trying to impress the young ladies.

Get your priorities straight.

The best thing to do right now would be to sell it, and buy a used car for what your banking off the sale. Then you don't have any payment to worry about.

It's only a bunch of metal, and a bucket of bolts.

It's a Honda Civic, it's not a Ferrari, it's not a Lamborghini.

You can have a fancy car when the time is right, now is not that time.

You need to learn the difference between needs and wants.

You NEED a car.

You WANT your type R, but you don't NEED it.
Good sir OP, I too ran into a similar situation and posted a similar question on this very forum previously. I almost lost my job due to a disorder and was almost on long term disability. I panicked and posted here a similar question. After reading a few responses I realized that reality dictates to us the answer. I would never ever place my family in financial straights over a car. I determined that if I lost my job I would sell the car. Fortunately, I managed to find a medicine that helps with the disorder and allowed me to return to work. I was able to keep the car.

Your circumstances are different, but the reality is the same. If holding the car were to place your family at risk, then sell it. If not, then hold onto what you can, within reason.

bigbacon

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
Sounds like you over spent on your car anyway. 575 bucks a month and you can survive 3 months?

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry to hear about the bad news, man. If I were you, I would sell the car and take the gain of $14k (given it is true and not a scam like someone has mentioned). You might not be able to make that much of a gain from non-exotic cars in today's market ever again. Have you tried applied again for your field on LinkedIn? This Great Resignation has opened up a lot more opportunities for better pay. Best of luck, man!

CTR39322

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 CTR(sold) DE5 Acura Integra
Country flag
Carvana offered me 46900 for my 21 R with 3500 miles, I would try and see their offer

OP
OP

Bobbyt

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
Geez, I'm surprised you have a type R on that 50k to begin with! Sorry to hear, I’d say keep it and see how the next few weeks go
My wife makes 150k so we make out well as a unit

OP
OP

Bobbyt

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
Dont wanna get all preachy. But this is a cautionary tale of living outside of ones means.
good luck and God bless.
Yes and no my wife makes good money 150k