happychanga

First Name
Chang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
Hi everyone, hope all are safe from hurricane ida's wrath. Wife and I got out unscathed. I tried to start my type R when the police had us evacuated. But she was already in deep water, she just couldn't start, i even tried to push it, but the nose is on a slight decline and in just too much water.

This is my first time experiencing this, I filed a flood claim with Geico and waiting for an adjuster to come. My question is would this level of flood considered as totalled? Based on my observation, the water reached above the front wipers. Also, what would the overall procedure be? How much in return should I aim for. My R is 2018 model with 18000 miles.

Thank you all and hope everyone is safe!

Update: She is totaled. Insurance company gave me 37k after negotiating. I'm content with the amount, the only mod I spend money on were mudflaps. Can't believe how well it holds value. I'm also surprised on how fast insurance company processed the claim despite the massive damage Hurricane Ida brought. The apartment complex in front of my car has an underground parking lot, with tow trucks constant towing out cars covered with mud.

Honda Civic 10th gen Lost my civic type r to hurricane Ida, R.I.P my first WechatIMG72883

Honda Civic 10th gen Lost my civic type r to hurricane Ida, R.I.P my first WechatIMG72873

Honda Civic 10th gen Lost my civic type r to hurricane Ida, R.I.P my first WechatIMG72894

Honda Civic 10th gen Lost my civic type r to hurricane Ida, R.I.P my first WechatIMG72865

Honda Civic 10th gen Lost my civic type r to hurricane Ida, R.I.P my first IMG_0230

Found this little guy next to the mufflers, her spirit lives on.:)

Last edited:

Ben0012

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan 2.0 CVT
Country flag
I work in insurance and if that was salt or brackish water it’s definitely a t/l, based on the pics it’s a total. Sorry to see that happen.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry for your loss ?

That will most likely be totalled by the insurance adjuster. You should be getting reimbursed by whatever the fair market value of a 2018 R is right now. Prob around $35k back to buy a another car.

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
That's terrible man. I'm glad you and your wife were able to get out though. I agree with redcoats1976 on this. I wouldn't want to deal with that kind of overhaul.

LimiteR

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rsx,Civics,Lude,Tegs, 8 owned Authentic Honda ?
Country flag
So sad bro sorry

OP
OP
happychanga

happychanga

First Name
Chang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
I work in insurance and if that was salt or brackish water it’s definitely a t/l, based on the pics it’s a total. Sorry to see that happen.
Thank you. It's floodwater from the raritan river in NJ, There are many cars flooded in my area, so I'm hoping the adjuster will come quickly because there will be raining in a few days, I don't want the debris on the car washed away and effect the adjuster's assessment.

Last edited:
OP
OP
happychanga

happychanga

First Name
Chang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
That's terrible man. I'm glad you and your wife were able to get out though. I agree with redcoats1976 on this. I wouldn't want to deal with that kind of overhaul.
Yes, thank you, I agree, I don't want to repair it, it would become a nightmare in the future.