Lost all audio

toshiro129

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
2016 Civic Touring sedan

I recently got my windshield replaced but I then noticed all my audio was gone. Bluetooth, radio, GPS and the voice prompts. The guys who replaced my windshield are saying they did nothing and nothing they did would have affected the audio.

I took it to the dealer and they said they don't know what the issue is either and are going to have to contact Honda directly.

I tried a few of the attempted fixes I found on YouTube and here but no luck which is why I brought it to the dealer.

I tried:
- pulling the battery to reset
- factory reset the head unit
- replacing the fuses in the engine bay pertaining to the audio and amp

I'm not sure if there's a place to check speaker wires. But I'm sure the dealer checked those as well.

Hoping you guys may have some other suggestions for me?
Driving in complete silence kinda sucks

Update from Dealer:
They are receiving a new head unit and going to try to replace mine. But they didn't figure out the issue either.
Sponsored

Last edited:

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
2016 Civic Touring sedan

I recently got my windshield replaced but I then noticed all my audio was gone. Bluetooth, radio, GPS and the voice prompts. The guys who replaced my windshield are saying they did nothing and nothing they did would have affected the audio.

I took it to the dealer and they said they don't know what the issue is either and are going to have to contact Honda directly.

I tried a few of the attempted fixes I found on YouTube and here but no luck which is why I brought it to the dealer.

I tried:
- pulling the battery to reset
- factory reset the head unit
- replacing the fuses in the engine bay pertaining to the audio and amp

I'm not sure if there's a place to check speaker wires. But I'm sure the dealer checked those as well.

Hoping you guys may have some other suggestions for me?
Driving in complete silence kinda sucks
The HU display is working, but no sound is coming out of the speakers? What about the Navigation voice?

OP
OP

toshiro129

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
The HU display is working, but no sound is coming out of the speakers? What about the Navigation voice?
No audio at all from speakers, bluetooth, navigation, android auto nothing. It looks like everything is playing though just not sound.

Are there wires than could have been damaged near the windshield when it was replaced?

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
No audio at all from speakers, bluetooth, navigation, android auto nothing. It looks like everything is playing though just not sound.

Are there wires than could have been damaged near the windshield when it was replaced?
#1. Is your Audio system the standard or premium system, that has its AMP external to the Head unit, located elsewhere.
If so, that external amp has it's own 30A (?) Fuse, and that is the most likely thing to have blown.

Why it should have failed after having your Windscreen replaced is a currently obviously a mystery.

Sorry: Got to ask-- are you sure that you have not pressed the Audio MUTE button.
(That was what the issue was with someone else a few months ago . complained there was no audio, and did not realize there was a Mute Button.)

OP
OP

toshiro129

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
#1. Is your Audio system the standard or premium system, that has its AMP external to the Head unit, located elsewhere.
If so, that external amp has it's own 30A (?) Fuse, and that is the most likely thing to have blown.

Why it should have failed after having your Windscreen replaced is a currently obviously a mystery.

Sorry: Got to ask-- are you sure that you have not pressed the Audio MUTE button.
(That was what the issue was with someone else a few months ago . complained there was no audio, and did not realize there was a Mute Button.)
No problem, I checked to make sure it was muted. First thing i did before i factory reset the unit.
I think it is the premium, and i did check the fuses and replaced them anyway but it still didn't work.

I can see the volume go up and down just nothing comes out. and when i plug in via android auto, i can see the song playing on spotify but again no audio.

daPyr0x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX-T
Country flag
You're driving a touring which means you have the premium sound system with the separate amplifier, I would look there first. I'm not sure what all is involved with a windshield replacement given the sensing options, but it's possible a connector got damaged/disconnected.

The amplifier is in the passenger footwell, towards the outside of the car behind a small panel. I would start by removing this panel and inspecting the connections.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you get an OEM, or aftermarket windshield?

When I did my first service, I had a crack in mine and asked the dealer if they did them in house. They said they didn't, but said that an aftermarket windshield will not play well with sense, and cause issues.

OP
OP

toshiro129

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
Did you get an OEM, or aftermarket windshield?

When I did my first service, I had a crack in mine and asked the dealer if they did them in house. They said they didn't, but said that an aftermarket windshield will not play well with sense, and cause issues.
OEM glass, heard the same thing about aftermarket so looked around for OEM

You're driving a touring which means you have the premium sound system with the separate amplifier, I would look there first. I'm not sure what all is involved with a windshield replacement given the sensing options, but it's possible a connector got damaged/disconnected.

The amplifier is in the passenger footwell, towards the outside of the car behind a small panel. I would start by removing this panel and inspecting the connections.
Thanks i'll have to take a look if the dealership doesnt find out the problem. I am under extended warranty. Do you think this would be covered?

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag

I doubt it. What was the cause for the new windshield? Was the car in accident? Did any water get in the car?

OP
OP

toshiro129

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
I doubt it. What was the cause for the new windshield? Was the car in accident? Did any water get in the car?
I was in an accident but it was a rear end collision - Got that fixed. I had a pre-existing crack i was scheduled to get fixed but since i got hit it grew so I had no choice but to replace the the whole windshield. There was a gap of about a week before I got the windshield replaced and the bumper getting repaired, had no issues during that week. But literally the day after my windshield got replaced i lost audio.

sleightahand

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Was this ever resolved? I just had a windshield replaced, and my audio stopped working immediately after the repair.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
We had windshield replaced on our two Civics with any issue.
The windshields were replaced in a specialized workshop, not at the dealer
Sponsored