Eagle Si

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
so, I got a PRL cobra cold air intake and installed it. no problems. 2 weeks later i got my race downpipe and frontpipe from PRL and i’m running into an issue. i re-tuned via Hondata flash pro to turn off the O2 sensor, and i can drive the car fine UNTIL i start to get on it. once i go over like 45-6000 RPM and shift, the car doesn’t give any power and won’t accelerate until the RPM’s go back down below 3000. the first couple times it did this, it threw all kinds of codes (emissions, brake system, hill start assist, etc.) i re-tuned it a few times trying to adjust a few things to see if i can solve the issue but i’m coming to a road block, and couldn’t find another thread with this same specific issue. if anyone has any advice or help it would be greatly appreciated. P.S. i’m new to cars and have been learning everything as i go with this car, and it’s been such a fun/frustrating journey that only makes me love my car more. thanks in advance
Sponsored

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Did you pull the check engine light code(s) before re-tuning?

I recommend checking that your PRL CAI is the correct one Si/non-Si & if it’s race/street

OP
OP
Eagle Si

Eagle Si

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Did you pull the check engine light code(s) before re-tuning?

I recommend checking that your PRL CAI is the correct one Si/non-Si & if it’s race/street
no i didn’t pull the codes, and i know it’s the right CAI it’s the Race one, i tried it with and without the tune, i had no problems woth the air intake until i just installed the downpipe + frontpipe

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
no i didn’t pull the codes, and i know it’s the right CAI it’s the Race one, i tried it with and without the tune, i had no problems woth the air intake until i just installed the downpipe + frontpipe
Should have pulled the codes, would have been extremely helpful. Next time it pops up write them down

OP
OP
Eagle Si

Eagle Si

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
had all the lights come on again, got out my go data and it doesn’t show any error codes which is odd. still haven’t found out the solution

cmunoz1795

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic Si
Country flag
had all the lights come on again, got out my go data and it doesn’t show any error codes which is odd. still haven’t found out the solution
If you got the race maf, you need a custom tune. You can’t be running the basemaps.

Lisandra69

First Name
Lisandra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic sport hatchback & 1991 Acura integra GS
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you ever fix this issue? I just installed the prl catless dp & Im havin the same issue. Code p0234 with all those lights on the dash. I reflased it & the codes went away on the dash earlier but not sure if I'll get it again if I step on it like I did since Im seein a lot of people have had the same issue ??

cmunoz1795

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic Si
Country flag
Did you ever fix this issue? I just installed the prl catless dp & Im havin the same issue. Code p0234 with all those lights on the dash. I reflased it & the codes went away on the dash earlier but not sure if I'll get it again if I step on it like I did since Im seein a lot of people have had the same issue ??
do you have any other mods beside the downpipe?
Are you running a base map? Or a custom tune?

Last edited:

Lisandra69

First Name
Lisandra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
do you have any other mods beside the downpipe?
Are you running a base map? Or a custom tune?
Prl cobra street cai, 27won rmm, charge pipes, hondata 9+ high octane tune, catless with no resonator or mufflers. None of that has to do with what happend just yesterday though. I installed the catless like 4 days ago & yesterday I did a pull & it did that. Currently, I reflashed it & remove all other codes that we have to supposively remove but I can't find anywhere on Hondata the P0234 code to remove. The dash lights are off, Im just worried it'll do it again when Im at the drag or somethin

cmunoz1795

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic Si
Country flag
Prl cobra street cai, 27won rmm, charge pipes, hondata 9+ high octane tune, catless with no resonator or mufflers. None of that has to do with what happend just yesterday though. I installed the catless like 4 days ago & yesterday I did a pull & it did that. Currently, I reflashed it & remove all other codes that we have to supposively remove but I can't find anywhere on Hondata the P0234 code to remove. The dash lights are off, Im just worried it'll do it again when Im at the drag or somethin
Contact hondata and See what they recommend. I didn’t have a problem with my si when I got my downpipe.

Lisandra69

First Name
Lisandra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Contact hondata and See what they recommend. I didn’t have a problem with my si when I got my downpipe.
Yeah, I did.. just waitin on them. So far no issue then again I haven't done a pull today like yesterday when it went off since it's rainin

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, I did.. just waitin on them. So far no issue then again I haven't done a pull today like yesterday when it went off since it's rainin
If it comes back I would ditch the +9 tune. It is causing you to overboost, which is a dangerous for your engine. If you want to be extra careful you can go ahead and get rid of the tune before waiting to see it comes back again and hoping for the best. DIscussing the issue with Hondata is not a bad idea if you can get a hold of them.

cmunoz1795

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic Si
Country flag
They’ll probably ask for a log to see what the car is doing. Hope they can tell you what’s up with it.
If it comes back I would ditch the +9 tune. It is causing you to overboost, which is a dangerous for your engine. If you want to be extra careful you can go ahead and get rid of the tune before waiting to see it comes back again and hoping for the best. DIscussing the issue with Hondata is not a bad idea if you can get a hold of them.
as he said. Hoping for the best as well.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Check the wires on your wastegate and the hose that goes to your wastegate on top of what the others have said

reesee175

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic sport
Country flag
To be honest with you I read this alot on the forums. Personally, I would have gotten ktuner as it is easier for beginners to use. Also most people get a custom tune once they do the DP or flex fuel.
Sponsored