JonasJoker

First Name
Jona
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
I recently bought the prl Intake without the filter so I bough one of those cheap ones from autozone, from my pov I don’t feel like the filter by itself it’s gonna make a difference but I might be wrong...

After Installing the whole thing I feel the car slower which it’s the opposite result of getting new Performance Intake it feels like it’s losing some pounds of boost

some people told me that the car has to learn how the new system work getting more air induction I wanna know how real this is...

did I do something wrong? Why is this happening...

Thanks ??

Honda Civic 10th gen Losing power after installing PRL intake FF39303A-6928-432E-9ED1-40549089DCC2
Sponsored

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport FK7, 2010 VW GTI MKVI
Country flag
You can start by rotating the Mass airflow sensor to be upright, like it was when installed in the factory air box. Some MAFs are hyper sensitive to orientation like that

OP
OP
JonasJoker

JonasJoker

First Name
Jona
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
You can start by rotating the Mass airflow sensor to be upright, like it was when installed in the factory air box. Some MAFs are hyper sensitive to orientation like that
I have the stock maf sensor though, do you think the orientation might be the problem? Have you heard this before?

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
I would look at your long term fuel trim if it goes out of range as you drive.