Los' 2017 CW Type R Build Journal

CTR-Los

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Championship White Civic Type R, 2017 Crystal Black Pearl Civic Type R (Sold)
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Los' 2017 CW Type R Build Journal IMG_1823.JPG

--Taking it back to the beginning:

Being involved with the Honda scene when I was younger, the Type R has always been one of the cars I've always wanted to own. Never thought it would be possible but here I stand with my 2nd Type R in a year and a half. Before the Type R I was very much into muscle cars and quite honestly I loved my 2017 Ruby Red Mustang GT. This was the car I traded in to get into the Type R platform. i remember going back and forth in my mind on whether I was going to trade it in for the Type R. Finally in May of 2019 I purchased a 2017 CBP Type R. i drove 9 hours to purchase it in Atlanta Georgia. This Type R was short lived because after about 8 months I decide to lower my payments and get into a lease I can daily drive comfortably. Unfortunately many shady things happened on my Type R trade in / lease purchase so after 2 grueling months of dealing with that dealer I was given my CBP Type R back and traded it in for my 2017 CW Type R. The reason for trading Type Rs is because this 2017 CW one was less on the monthly payments, less on the financed time, and less miles than I had on the CBP Type R.

02/25/2020

Returned the lease vehicle and received my 2017 CBP Type R back from the Acura dealer. I then drove the CBP Type R up to a Honda dealership where I traded in the CBP and purchased the CW Type R. Since then I have loved my CW Type R, how it drives, how convenient it is, and how much fun it is. Took me a few months but want to get this build journal going. I have to start over on this build as I sold all the aftermarket parts or modifications i had done to my CBP Type R, so everything on this CW Type R is from a different company than what i had on the CBP.

This is my daily driver so I can't go too crazy on performance mods. I have to stay on that fine line between performance and reliability. With that said I plan on getting as close to 400whp as i can get. I know it will take a few things and some time but I will slowly start accumulating all the parts that I need to accomplish this.

Current Mod List:
-PRL HVI Intake
-Remus Exhaust
-PRL Front Pipe, P2R Down Pipe (heat wrapped)
-15% tint all the way around (except for the windshield)
-Forged Carbon Fiber wrapped hood scoop
-Carbon Fiber wrapped side mirrors

Next Future mods:
-Hondata Tune and eventually a custom tune
-18x9.5 Aftermarket Wheels
-Hood, Roof, and body trim vinyl wrap
-HKS or Mishimoto Intercooler
-Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs
Sponsored