Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport (CVT)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Damm glad you spoke up that is the best thing to do is talk about how you feel. I have been dealing with depression all my life have been on and off meds for a long time. Curently off now. My girlfriend died in a car accident a few years ago that keeps playing in my head and keeps me from making connections. I feel like i spend money to make me happy like my car and all the stuff i bought for it after i said i would not touch the car. 3 days into buying it i had a ktuner on it lol and the hole just got bigger. But it brings me happiness so life is short live like today is your last. Good luck and please if you ever feel like super bad like you cant live please make the right decisons and talk to someone

Im sorry for your loss man. I lost a couple of close people these last 2 years. I also did the same thjng I'm in the rabbit hole with this car especially it being my first car I ever worked on helps me keep me sane I guess working on it helps me keep my mind off things I been wanting to get a project car already just so I could have something else work on.
Depression and anxiety run in my family so I'm used to talking to them about it I'm currently in therapy but I might change therapist soon.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bootleg Bill

Bootleg Bill

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
Im sorry for your loss man. I lost a couple of close people these last 2 years. I also did the same thjng I'm in the rabbit hole with this car especially it being my first car I ever worked on helps me keep me sane I guess working on it helps me keep my mind off things I been wanting to get a project car already just so I could have something else work on.
Depression and anxiety run in my family so I'm used to talking to them about it I'm currently in therapy but I might change therapist soon.
Yea if you feel like you might want to change therapists then do it and don’t wait. You need to feel comfortable with who you see. I wish you all the best and am here if you need to shoot the shit 🙏

OP
OP
Bootleg Bill

Bootleg Bill

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yea if you feel like you might want to change therapists then do it and don’t wait. You need to feel comfortable with who you see. I wish you all the best and am here if you need to shoot the shit 🙏
I greatly appreciate it🫡

mike_si_29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Country flag
That sucks man. Clear your mind... walk for an hour, get some fresh air, get a few hugs from friends and family. Stay busy. Always remember, there are people who have it worse. You rock chief. Sending you e-hug . Stay srong.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Keeping your mind on other things usually helps me. Get out, nature is a great healer. Work on your car, that always helps me feel better. Cherish your loved ones, no one knows when their time is up. And lastly, smoke some weed or eat some gummies and watch a funny movie. Hope you feel better, man.

OP
OP
Bootleg Bill

Bootleg Bill

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That sucks man. Clear your mind... walk for an hour, get some fresh air, get a few hugs from friends and family. Stay busy. Always remember, there are people who have it worse. You rock chief. Sending you e-hug . Stay srong.
Appreciate the hug🫂

OP
OP
Bootleg Bill

Bootleg Bill

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Keeping your mind on other things usually helps me. Get out, nature is a great healer. Work on your car, that always helps me feel better. Cherish your loved ones, no one knows when their time is up. And lastly, smoke some weed or eat some gummies and watch a funny movie. Hope you feel better, man.
I have noticed nature always calms me down I try to go up the hills every weekend or so. And very true about working on my car I ain't done yet! I still got a long way to go for 300hp🤭

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, nature really soothes the soul.

Honda Civic 10th gen Loosing interest in things 20230214_153029

Honda Civic 10th gen Loosing interest in things 7854

Honda Civic 10th gen Loosing interest in things dji_export_1670282226691

Honda Civic 10th gen Loosing interest in things 20221115_115608

Honda Civic 10th gen Loosing interest in things 20221115_104938

Honda Civic 10th gen Loosing interest in things 20221115_104527

Honda Civic 10th gen Loosing interest in things 20220817_195619

Honda Civic 10th gen Loosing interest in things 20220730_134528

Honda Civic 10th gen Loosing interest in things 20220621_115509

Honda Civic 10th gen Loosing interest in things go_photo_1641340007705

OP
OP
Bootleg Bill

Bootleg Bill

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' CTR LE (USA-115), 06' Element EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Love them photos you took

0bah402_0bah402-R2-049-23.jpg

0bah402_0bah402-R1-053-25.jpg

20230317_112545.jpg

20230317_111433.jpg

20210318_141407.jpg

IMG_20210110_201648_747.jpg

20210317_114734.jpg

20210317_114452.jpg
Like others in this thread, I too suffer from depression and anxiety. Like you, it runs in the family. Great grandmother, grandmother, mom and me. Over the past 15yrs, its progressively gotten worse.

I've tried talk therapy but that didn't help much. Talked with several very nice therapists over the years but it wasn't until I started going to a CBT therapist (cognitive behavioral therapy) that it started to make a difference, coupled with the right SSRI and dosage.

I initially was prescribed lexapro but it wasn't a good match for me. I felt worse in someways. I then moved to zoloft and it did the trick. With that said, SSRI's only work for about 50% of people who try them. There are also side effects. There are some very promising new approaches like ketamine treatments. Studies are showing closer to 80% success rates for depression/anxiety with no side effects. Companies like Mindbloom are doing this now. -At some point I may go this route but for now I'm staying the course for what's working for me.

CBT is a great option as it gives you tools to utilize in certain situations. It's a more concrete approach to therapy. A good CBT therapist will give you things to practice and push you a little. I find its great in combination with a medication.

Bottom line is, everyone is different. What works for some may not for others. But one thing I can say for certain, it takes a combination of things to really combat this problem. Just know there are quite a few options out there to get help.

Nature's great for grounding/calming yourself. Keep taking pictures, hobbies are a great outlet (and your photos are incredible!) Go to Cars & Coffee with your ride and socialize with car folks. Sleep is HUGE! If you aren't getting enough sleep, that will only magnify what you feel. Apps like Calm have some good solutions that help. Of course, exercise and diet can be factors too. I find that too much sugar also affects my mood.

Above all else, know you have people who care. Even us in the community who don't know you personally. We still care! So for anyone who feels like they need support, always feel free to reach out if you're feeling like you need to riff or want to chat. US CivicX folks are here for ya!

I hope this post helps any/all who are seeking mental health options. :) \m/ \m/

OP
OP
Bootleg Bill

Bootleg Bill

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Like others in this thread, I too suffer from depression and anxiety. Like you, it runs in the family. Great grandmother, grandmother, mom and me. Over the past 15yrs, its progressively gotten worse.

I've tried talk therapy but that didn't help much. Talked with several very nice therapists over the years but it wasn't until I started going to a CBT therapist (cognitive behavioral therapy) that it started to make a difference, coupled with the right SSRI and dosage.

I initially was prescribed lexapro but it wasn't a good match for me. I felt worse in someways. I then moved to zoloft and it did the trick. With that said, SSRI's only work for about 50% of people who try them. There are also side effects. There are some very promising new approaches like ketamine treatments. Studies are showing closer to 80% success rates for depression/anxiety with no side effects. Companies like Mindbloom are doing this now. -At some point I may go this route but for now I'm staying the course for what's working for me.

CBT is a great option as it gives you tools to utilize in certain situations. It's a more concrete approach to therapy. A good CBT therapist will give you things to practice and push you a little. I find its great in combination with a medication.

Bottom line is, everyone is different. What works for some may not for others. But one thing I can say for certain, it takes a combination of things to really combat this problem. Just know there are quite a few options out there to get help.

Nature's great for grounding/calming yourself. Keep taking pictures, hobbies are a great outlet (and your photos are incredible!) Go to Cars & Coffee with your ride and socialize with car folks. Sleep is HUGE! If you aren't getting enough sleep, that will only magnify what you feel. Apps like Calm have some good solutions that help. Of course, exercise and diet can be factors too. I find that too much sugar also affects my mood.

Above all else, know you have people who care. Even us in the community who don't know you personally. We still care! So for anyone who feels like they need support, always feel free to reach out if you're feeling like you need to riff or want to chat. US CivicX folks are here for ya!

I hope this post helps any/all who are seeking mental health options. :) \m/ \m/
I should look into that now, I had a couple of Therapist too and I'm on the same boat they somewhat helped but never too often it never lead anywhere they just kept diagnosing me with severe depression and anxiety I'm about to try out lexapro which will be my first time I hope it does the trick if not zoloft will be the next. And thank you so much for the information CBT therapy sounds very interesting to me I shall try it if lexapro doesn't work out.

Cars and coffee has been peaking my interest I'll go the next coming one and see it feels.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
Bootleg Bill

Bootleg Bill

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here it is. Not sure what movie it's from but to me, the words are so powerful. It's all we can do.

Edit: movie is Patch Adams, which I've never seen.
Sponsored

Last edited: