Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport (CVT)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So a brief summary I been dealing with depression and anxiety throughout my whole life but lately these past couple of months it's been interferening with the things I do enough it's gone down to the point where I just lay in bed and watch futuramašŸ˜…

How do ya'll deal with depression or anxiety?
Sponsored

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I buy more car partsā€¦.. sadā€¦. I know.

Go see a doc man. Iā€™m on some stuff. No shame at all. I donā€™t have any vices so if I have to be on a happy pill then whatever.

Iā€™m no less of a human and Iā€™m happier.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for being open to chat about this, Bill! Has anything happened recently that has made want to escape the world for a while? Or was this more sudden and unexplainable?

With myself, I know my psychoemotional state fluctuates between highs/lows across about three months, so, I kinda plan for it. When I feel myself slipping into a despairing state of mind, I use that has a cue to get 'back to basics', get away from the trivialities and trauma of the world, and get out into the natural world to remember what's important: we're so much more than this fleeting physicality.

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."

OP
OP
Bootleg Bill

Bootleg Bill

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I buy more car partsā€¦.. sadā€¦. I know.

Go see a doc man. Iā€™m on some stuff. No shame at all. I donā€™t have any vices so if I have to be on a happy pill then whatever.

Iā€™m no less of a human and Iā€™m happier.
I just saw docrecently and I plan on going on the happy pill and see where that goes. I do plan on going on with my car project but as of right now this feeling is annoying me.

OP
OP
Bootleg Bill

Bootleg Bill

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for being open to chat about this, Bill! Has anything happened recently that has made want to escape the world for a while? Or was this more sudden and unexplainable?

With myself, I know my psychoemotional state fluctuates between highs/lows across about three months, so, I kinda plan for it. When I feel myself slipping into a despairing state of mind, I use that has a cue to get 'back to basics', get away from the trivialities and trauma of the world, and get out into the natural world to remember what's important: we're so much more than this fleeting physicality.

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
Alot honestly I got into a pretty killer accident past December. I got rear ended which caused me to spin out and hit the guard rail I was pretty close to failing into the freeway but it saved me. And I also have the same thing every three months or so I get into this dreaded feeling it sucks I can't make any connections nor want to do things. I have noticed going up to the mountains has brought me great happiness.

Last edited:

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Alot honestly I got into a pretty killer accident past December. I got rear ended with cause me to spin out and hit the guard rail I was pretty close to failing into the freeway but it saved me. And I also have the same thing every three months or so I get into this dreaded feeling it sucks I can't make any connections nor want to do things. I have noticed going up to the mountains has brought me great happiness.
Get out and talk to someone bro. I was never a fan either but after going a few times I started to go easier on myself.
Itā€™s easy to get down in this world. Too many fuckin trolls out there that throw stones all day long. Everybodyā€™s a keyboard cowboy.

OP
OP
Bootleg Bill

Bootleg Bill

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Get out and talk to someone bro. I was never a fan either but after going a few times I started to go easier on myself.
Itā€™s easy to get down in this world. Too many fuckin trolls out there that throw stones all day long. Everybodyā€™s a keyboard cowboy.
I guess your right I have been wanting to go to car meets but just too nervous, I also just got prescribed medication so let's see where this goes

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Jesse the first step is acknowledging something isn't right. You're already there, so that's a start.

Try doing something each day (even if it's a small thing) that gets you out of your same old routine. It will be tough to motivate at first but give it a try.

Just one day at a time and thanks for opening up about this.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Alot honestly I got into a pretty killer accident past December. I got rear ended which caused me to spin out and hit the guard rail I was pretty close to failing into the freeway but it saved me. And I also have the same thing every three months or so I get into this dreaded feeling it sucks I can't make any connections nor want to do things. I have noticed going up to the mountains has brought me great happiness.
Wow! Crazy intense!

When was the last time you went to the mountains? Can you go again?

OP
OP
Bootleg Bill

Bootleg Bill

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Jesse the first step is acknowledging something isn't right. You're already there, so that's a start.

Try doing something each day (even if it's a small thing) that gets you out of your same old routine. It will be tough to motivate at first but give it a try.

Just one day at a time and thanks for opening up about this.
Thats the plan I do want to get into cyclingšŸ˜€ but yeah your right I have trying but it's hard as you said.

OP
OP
Bootleg Bill

Bootleg Bill

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow! Crazy intense!

When was the last time you went to the mountains? Can you go again?
I usually go every weekend or weekday my favorite spot to go is los angeles national forest or Silverado

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I usually go every weekend or weekday my favorite spot to go is los angeles national forest or Silverado
Cool! Why is that your fav? What do you do while youā€™re there? Hike? Meditate? I try to practice mindful walking.

OP
OP
Bootleg Bill

Bootleg Bill

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I love nature especially when it feels so calming, that's why I love Oregon and Washington so much. I also take photos of the scenery I been working towards a degree in photography so I got my trusty 35mm

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I love nature especially when it feels so calming, that's why I love Oregon and Washington so much. I also take photos of the scenery I been working towards a degree in photography so I got my trusty 35mm
Oh, cool! Pics or to didnt happen! šŸ˜„

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
So a brief summary I been dealing with depression and anxiety throughout my whole life but lately these past couple of months it's been interferening with the things I do enough it's gone down to the point where I just lay in bed and watch futuramašŸ˜…

How do ya'll deal with depression or anxiety?
Damm glad you spoke up that is the best thing to do is talk about how you feel. I have been dealing with depression all my life have been on and off meds for a long time. Curently off now. My girlfriend died in a car accident a few years ago that keeps playing in my head and keeps me from making connections. I feel like i spend money to make me happy like my car and all the stuff i bought for it after i said i would not touch the car. 3 days into buying it i had a ktuner on it lol and the hole just got bigger. But it brings me happiness so life is short live like today is your last. Good luck and please if you ever feel like super bad like you cant live please make the right decisons and talk to someone
Sponsored