First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TypeR?
Country flag
Hey guys!

New to the forum, trying to get into my first Type R. If you guys know anyone who is down to sell their boosted blue type r or selling theirs...please let me know. I'm located in Ontario.

Super interested in the colour but looks like 2020 is all sold out.
Sponsored

SiR

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, 2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey guys!

New to the forum, trying to get into my first Type R. If you guys know anyone who is down to sell their boosted blue type r or selling theirs...please let me know. I'm located in Ontario.

Welcome, another Canadian. I'm on the west coast, and due to the Covid, 2020 production got hit hard, and all the BB 2020 Rs I have seen were driven by Honda dealerships people here. They are quite rare.

I would suggest you to order a 2021 BB as soon as you can, or it may take a long long time to find a used one, and this is you can get it before someone else does. The chance of getting one by randomly asking around in this forum is almost 0. If you really want that color, you may have to be actively looking, like how you check stock everyday.

OP
OP

generalal1337

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TypeR?
Country flag
Welcome, another Canadian. I'm on the west coast, and due to the Covid, 2020 production got hit hard, and all the BB 2020 Rs I have seen were driven by Honda dealerships people here. They are quite rare.

I would suggest you to order a 2021 BB as soon as you can, or it may take a long long time to find a used one, and this is you can get it before someone else does. The chance of getting one by randomly asking around in this forum is almost 0. If you really want that color, you may have to be actively looking, like how you check stock everyday.
Thanks! Apparently 2021 doesn't have BB for Canada...so that's quite annoying haha!

I was looking into 2021...but unfortunately not. I saw a few lease takeovers with BB, missed those unfortunately.

Thanks for the wise words -- will be checking it on the daily until I get it.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
There are a few vinyl wraps that are really close to boost blue, if that's an option for you.

TypeX

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ASPEC RDX
Country flag
Hey guys!

theres a boost blue in classifieds on here, if u can import

SiR

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
theres a boost blue in classifieds on here, if u can import
And I was just going to say, is buying from the States feasible at this time? There’s one on this forum selling a BB with only 1500miles in NC, don’t know how the process work though.

SiR

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks! Apparently 2021 doesn't have BB for Canada...so that's quite annoying haha!

I was looking into 2021...but unfortunately not. I saw a few lease takeovers with BB, missed those unfortunately.

Thanks for the wise words -- will be checking it on the daily until I get it.
Oh, I didn’t know BB isn’t an option for Canada in 2021.

Last year I was looking for a BB myself. When the first one popped up, it was a trade in. The owner couldn’t afforded the lease any more. I was too late to the party though, already 2 deposits on it when I got to the dealership. So I learned, I let all my contacts knew I was looking for one, while I checked listing whenever I had the time. Then a second BB poped up a few months later, a new one. I cancelled all my stuff in the morning and drove all the way to this remote dealership to check it out. They charged a quite bit more than MSRP because they sourced a third party to do some PPF on the car. I did negotiate my trade in for a bit, and checked out the PPF job. But I had a price in my head, for how much extra and I would still take. In the end I paid $1000 more compare to buying a new 2021, but the PPF work was good, and I’m still glad I took it till this day. when u actually see one, don’t wait on it for too long, it’s pretty much Yes or No right away, or someone else might cut in.

As a BB owner, I think the SonicGrey looks good all weather, but the BB outshines every other color under the sun, and its not super aggressive like the red, and... it’s certainly rare on the road if u like being... rare.

1) to wrapped the whole car close to BB is one option like mentioned above, but it’s $3000 ~ 5000 CND, and there is no exact BB wrap, there will be a difference, for good or bad.

2) Import from the States? I don’t know, never done it. You can check out the process, but I bet it won’t be cheap. I at least got the PPF for the extra I paid.

time for lunch. I wish u luck. the BB is a gorgeous color if u can get one, pure eye candy in good weather

OP
OP

generalal1337

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TypeR?
Country flag
Thanks guys. Appreciate all the wise words. I'll look for a BB, and worst case I'll wrap it. Wrapping is definitely expensive and it doesn't last forever.

PlayboyX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 BB Civic Type R , 2012 Civic Si
Country flag
Hey guys!

There's a guy on Instagram his tag@: fk8_37375 I believe he is selling. Located in the GTA.
Sponsored