Looking to purchase a front splitter!

ImTheStatMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester XT
Country flag
By front undertray I mean the plastic/rubber portion that comes before the aluminum belly pan. I'll try to get it up on jack stands and snap some better pics of the underside along with the sides.
Would it be possible to retain the undertray and cut holes for the brackets to pass through?
Sponsored

b2point0h

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2006 v8 4x4 4Runner
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Would it be possible to retain the undertray and cut holes for the brackets to pass through?
Im not sure yet. Haven’t had a chance to get under the car and take the splitter off to investigate what is possible. It’s definitely tucked up very neatly under the bumper.

Petrolicious

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 2019 Lexus RX 350 F Sport, 2017 Golf R
Country flag
Get the Varis front lip if you are not going to track, and just need it for looks.

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Has anyone noticed a difference with rotation having more front downforce running the stock wing? I had an APR gurney flap on my 19 and i didn't think to take a heat gun to it to remove it before the car went to salvage. I was exhausted from working all day getting my parts off and I had a 2020 to go pick up.

LURK-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch
Country flag
Racebred Components just wrapped up the first set of quick release brackets, and will be available for purchase very very soon! They already offer a CTR specific splitter. The fitment is PERFECT and theres no gap at all.

My second choice would be Verus Engineering, stylish and functional, as @LURK-R says. Excellent quality product and great customer service. I'm running their P10 carbon rear wing.
Are they done yet?

LURK-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch
Country flag
Bump for any news
All things are leading toward end of this month. I've already received the splitter blade, but the brackets are still not live on the website.

OP
OP
OrchidFc3

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think I am just going to get my buddy to make me a custom one. Can't seem to find anything in stock or worth the money.

ImTheStatMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester XT
Country flag
All things are leading toward end of this month. I've already received the splitter blade, but the brackets are still not live on the website.
Thanks. Now to decide if I should buy the Verus or wait...

LURK-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch
Country flag
Thanks. Now to decide if I should buy the Verus or wait...
The finish on the the Racebred splitter is nice, but you may or may not like the texture up against the faux carbon lip (contrasting finishes). I prefer the quick release brackets because I can easily install/remove the splitter. Also, if I smash a splitter blade at the track, I can simply buy another blade.
Verus was a VERY close second, and I would've had an installed splitter by now. You're also getting something backed by data which is valuable. You really can't go wrong either way.

ImTheStatMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester XT
Country flag
The finish on the the Racebred splitter is nice, but you may or may not like the texture up against the faux carbon lip (contrasting finishes). I prefer the quick release brackets because I can easily install/remove the splitter. Also, if I smash a splitter blade at the track, I can simply buy another blade.
Verus was a VERY close second, and I would've had an installed splitter by now. You're also getting something backed by data which is valuable. You really can't go wrong either way.
I’m not too concerned about the finish. I’m more interested in effectiveness and availability. I’m also curious if the difference in how far they extend under the front bumper has an impact.
Sponsored