Looking to improve sound on my 2018 touring sport... where to start?

touringhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2018 Touring Sport Hatch
I recently got a 2018 sport touring hatch on a lease, and I'm looking to improve the audio. I've read through a lot of threads that talk about replacing the head unit, maintaining functionality/features, etc. but is any of that really relevant if I'm just looking to improve sound quality? Is it all interconnected, or can I just replace some speakers and call it a day?

I have no issues with the interface, and I'm admittedly new to all of the terminology I see being used throughout the forums. Essentially, I'm just looking to have a better quality sound system, something that can be reversed at the end of the lease.

My question is... where do I start? Are there any recommended readings to help me understand how stereo systems in cars work, how they're interconnected with the head unit, what can/can't be replaced, what's permanent vs. irreversible, etc.?

Thank you in advance
Sponsored

Kane666

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
get a 2ohm rockford fosgate shallow mount sub, two sets of jl audio c2-650 component sets. jl audio c2-350x for the center speaker and sell the extra you have since it only comes as a pair. all on stock amp with no issues.
there are no c pillar speakers yet.

OP
OP

touringhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2018 Touring Sport Hatch
Thanks for the advice and recommendation. It looks like that will run me just over $1,000 in CAD, plus install. Do you know if everything fits without modifications so that it can be reversed at the end of the lease?

Also in your experience will replacing the speakers but keeping the stock amp make a significant difference? Obviously this is the ideal route for me; I would just like to get a better idea of how much improvement I'll actually be getting for the $$.

Thanks again for your help

chardonnay

First Name
tina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda touring 2018
Hi All, I have a brand new 2018 Touring and when I call on the Bluetooth or through Apple car play people say it sounds horrible. This seems to be the case with them all. Has anyone had resolution for this? Also the whole system keeps freezing when I make calls where I cannot even use the radio until I turn off the car. This "glitch" is also apparently known but nothing can be done for it??
Sponsored