Looking To Go FBO Soon

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Hello all!

I'm about to drop some money on bolt-ons for my 2019 CTR. I just had some questions I was hoping I could get clarification on as this is my first boosted vehicle and the first time I'll be dealing with modding/tuning. Below are the bolt-ons I'm planning on buying and installing.

-PRL Motorsports 3" Front Pipe
-PRL Motorsports Front Mount Intercooler
-PRL Motorsports Downpipe
-PRL Motorsports Stage 1 Intake System
-PRL High Volume Intake System
-PRL Motorsports Charge Pipe Upgrade Kit
-PRL Plug N Play Flex Fuel Kit
-Hybrid Racing Adjustable Short Shifter Assembly (Red)
-Hondata FlashPro

Questions

1. Looking at this mod list, is there anything else that you'd recommend I buy? Or anything that I'm missing?
2. Anyone with a similar setup? What kind of numbers are you making?
3. Does hondata have an off-the-shelf tune to run anything other than 91/93 so that I can fill up with ethanol and get my etune started for the flex fuel kit?
4. Have any of you done a e-tune with Derek Robinson at IMW? How long did it take? I'm thinking of contacting him to have my tune done due to his great reviews and since I don't have a tuner or dyno local to me.
4. Anyone do FBO's on their car relatively "early"? My car is 200 miles shy of 6k miles. Just wondering if you've had any problems or issues so far.

Any and all feedback/advice welcomed. Thanks everyone!
1. remove the stage 1 intake and just get the high volume intake. remove the flex fuel kit as it's not worth it. especially if you have 93 octane available. maybe look into getting the Ti inlet pipe from PRL instead
2. i havent redynoed my car after the custom tune
3. yes but i suggest against flex fuel. The car just doesn't have the fuel capabilities. I used to run flex but just went back to pump gas.
4. yes i e tuned with derek on hondata. Length depends on how fast you are able to send him the new log. Mine took about 10 revisions so basically 2 weeks but i sent him a log everyday. He has been great. I still datalog from time to time and send him a log if there is something i see out of the ordinary and will still respond and help me out (this is 6 months after we initially finished)
4. You have 2 #4s btw ;) You'll be fine doing FBO early. though i don't have much miles on my car.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DNauta

DNauta

First Name
Davin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
1. remove the stage 1 intake and just get the high volume intake. remove the flex fuel kit as it's not worth it. especially if you have 93 octane available. maybe look into getting the Ti inlet pipe from PRL instead
2. i havent redynoed my car after the custom tune
3. yes but i suggest against flex fuel. The car just doesn't have the fuel capabilities. I used to run flex but just went back to pump gas.
4. yes i e tuned with derek on hondata. Length depends on how fast you are able to send him the new log. Mine took about 10 revisions so basically 2 weeks but i sent him a log everyday. He has been great. I still datalog from time to time and send him a log if there is something i see out of the ordinary and will still respond and help me out (this is 6 months after we initially finished)
4. You have 2 #4s btw ;) You'll be fine doing FBO early. though i don't have much miles on my car.
Thank you very much! Lots of advice and you actually answered my questions lol. I'll be making some edits to my cart thanks to everyone here.

DRKSYD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Thank you very much! Lots of advice and you actually answered my questions lol. I'll be making some edits to my cart thanks to everyone here.
Fan of PRL, look at my signature for mods, would suggest any of those. FMIC is worth it more so than the flex fuel kit.

OP
OP
DNauta

DNauta

First Name
Davin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
The Stage 1 Intake System is used with the OE intake box and isn't needed if you're planning to purchase the High Volume Intake System.
Thanks for that! Don't need to be wasting money. Lol
Sponsored