Looking to get the most out of '17 Civic HB

HelloImDrew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic (soon)
Country flag
I picked up a '17 Civic HB (CVT) a few months back and as much as I love the car, I am looking for things I can do to get the most out of it while also not spending a few grand. I am coming from a '95 Dodge Ram 1500 and after my divorce, I wanted to get something fun for me, but that I would also feel safe with my son. I love the vehicle, but at the same time if I could get a little more out of it I would like to.

I have seen threads on Hondata and KTuner but I have no idea what would be best for me. Are they just 'plug and play'? What about a new intake? All in all, what are the best cost to gain ratio parts?

Any advice or help would be very appreciated.
Sponsored

Zdiver

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
I have a 2017 hb sport touring and just purchased the ktuner. Flashed the ecu and gave it a try last night, it made a huge difference. I was very skeptical that it would be as big of a difference that everyone seems to think since I previously had a full stage 2 wrx before this civic, but they were right. I just flashed the included "stage 2" map and it makes the car a lot more fun to drive now. Now I'm curious if having an etune by vit will make that much of a difference past the included maps. While I was waiting on my ktuner to arrive I was really back and forth as to whether I should have went with the hondata as it appears to be a very good platform as well and from what I understand the included maps on it are more powerful. Either way I spend $450 vs $700 for my ktuner v1, the v2 screen just isn't worth it for me as I have a laptop.

But to answer your question, yes the tuners are both "plug and play" of course you need a laptop with the ktuner v1 and hondata. Ktuner v2 you don't need anything else.

I would suggest you watch hondata's video they released yesterday in regards to the intake, really its just a noise maker as it will give your car the "turbo blow off sound".

In my opinion with having the cvt just a tune is enough to pull maximum power out of the car.