• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Massachusetts Looking to buy lunch for a local who lets me ride passenger to hear their AWE or Invidia exhaust

OsirisPalko

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Howdy. Recently did a DIY muffler delete and it's the tone I want, but the cabin drone is a little much around 2.5K rpm to 3.5K rpm for a "daily".

Before I drop money on a REAL exhaust, I'm looking to see if someone will let me hear their AWE, Invidia, or similar exhaust, to help me make a good decision. All I ask is that I ride passenger in a short trip on city road and on the highway to hear the note/drone at those RPM's, then I'll buy you lunch at your place of choice. If I fall in love with your exhaust I will also gift you a perrin license plate relocate that I never used as an extra thank you.

I appreciate it!

edit: video is the current exhaust setup
Sponsored

Attachments

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
:eek::eek::eek: This is actually a good trade I actually need a Perrin re locate kit if you’re willing to sell haha.

bummer I’m not local

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
I love this I wish I was local too. This is the Q300 idling

Attachments

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Howdy. Recently did a DIY muffler delete and it's the tone I want, but the cabin drone is a little much around 2.5K rpm to 3.5K rpm for a "daily".

Before I drop money on a REAL exhaust, I'm looking to see if someone will let me hear their AWE, Invidia, or similar exhaust, to help me make a good decision. All I ask is that I ride passenger in a short trip on city road and on the highway to hear the note/drone at those RPM's, then I'll buy you lunch at your place of choice. If I fall in love with your exhaust I will also gift you a perrin license plate relocate that I never used as an extra thank you.

I appreciate it!

edit: video is the current exhaust setup
Let me save you the expense of lunch.
I am in a coupe. I have the Invidia Gemini. I cannot comment on the sedan but I have heard it’s not as bad. I also think the AwE is a better option albeit more costly.
It is pretty damn droney at highway speed. Like skull numbing droney.
Exterior it sounds great. Not too loud even at 7,000 rpm. Definitely allows the engine to breath don’t get me wrong.
But….. the frigin drone is obnoxious.

So save yourself lunch. ????

OP
OP
OsirisPalko

OsirisPalko

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
:eek::eek::eek: This is actually a good trade I actually need a Perrin re locate kit if you’re willing to sell haha.

bummer I’m not local
I wouldn't recommend to buy one unless it's for the hatchback. Got mine in a bundle deal, and it would cover the foglight too much for me on tbe sedan. Your preference may vary, but in new England it's a deal breaker. I went with raceseng which is more money but more adjustability and more function since it's a tow point.

I love this I wish I was local too. This is the Q300 idling
The problem I'm having is videos don't do any of them justice. The muffler delete sounds good. It sounded good on YouTube before i did it. I know audio recording equipment varies, from youtubers on their phone, on go pro, with external microphones.. but when you're in the cabin it's hard to catch the resonant frequency.

Let me save you the expense of lunch.
I am in a coupe. I have the Invidia Gemini. I cannot comment on the sedan but I have heard it’s not as bad. I also think the AwE is a better option albeit more costly.
It is pretty damn droney at highway speed. Like skull numbing droney.
Exterior it sounds great. Not too loud even at 7,000 rpm. Definitely allows the engine to breath don’t get me wrong.
But….. the frigin drone is obnoxious.

So save yourself lunch. ????
You're too kind. I figured as much but I am adamant on at least listening to ONE exhaust to make up my mind lol. Where do you have drone at? With the muffler delete it's basically as soon as I hit around 2700 rpm until 3300 and it's fine on acceleration but 3000 to 4000 on decel sounds like I have an exhaust leak. Maybe I do, it was a DIY chop after all.. I understand aftermarket exhausts will have drone but do they have to be at cruising rpm? Lol

OP
OP
OsirisPalko

OsirisPalko

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Here's the perrin kit i mentioned as the "favorite exhaust" award

Honda Civic 10th gen Looking to buy lunch for a local who lets me ride passenger to hear their AWE or Invidia exhaust 20210806_185344

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wouldn't recommend to buy one unless it's for the hatchback. Got mine in a bundle deal, and it would cover the foglight too much for me on tbe sedan. Your preference may vary, but in new England it's a deal breaker. I went with raceseng which is more money but more adjustability and more function since it's a tow point.

The problem I'm having is videos don't do any of them justice. The muffler delete sounds good. It sounded good on YouTube before i did it. I know audio recording equipment varies, from youtubers on their phone, on go pro, with external microphones.. but when you're in the cabin it's hard to catch the resonant frequency.

You're too kind. I figured as much but I am adamant on at least listening to ONE exhaust to make up my mind lol. Where do you have drone at? With the muffler delete it's basically as soon as I hit around 2700 rpm until 3300 and it's fine on acceleration but 3000 to 4000 on decel sounds like I have an exhaust leak. Maybe I do, it was a DIY chop after all.. I understand aftermarket exhausts will have drone but do they have to be at cruising rpm? Lol
It is most noticeable at highway speed in 5th and 6th gear.
Seems to “sit” in the middle of the backseat. Low pitched hum that literally can make you go nuts.

OP
OP
OsirisPalko

OsirisPalko

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
It is most noticeable at highway speed in 5th and 6th gear.
Seems to “sit” in the middle of the backseat. Low pitched hum that literally can make you go nuts.
Which Invidia gemini do you have? Unless I'm mistaken, there's the Q300, Q400, R400... I'll have to double check, maybe those are for FC1/FC3/FK7 separately.

Do you have a stock downpipe or catted/catless?

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Which Invidia gemini do you have? Unless I'm mistaken, there's the Q300, Q400, R400... I'll have to double check, maybe those are for FC1/FC3/FK7 separately.

Do you have a stock downpipe or catted/catless?
R400 I believe.
I have an FC3 coupe.
I have the 27Won Catted DP.
I believe the sedans use a slightly longer pipe which may help but I cannot confirm that about those.
Best of luck. Sorry if I made your decisions harder but I’m just honest. ?

Jawnothing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Ralleye Red
Country flag
I just got my sedan's exhaust done today. Previous owner cut off the mufflers so I was in the same boat as you. Got the r400 put on today and it's better than the muffler delete by a long shot. I loved the muffler delete, but sometimes I just didn't want to be obnoxious. I can confirm that it's not as loud in the 3k-4k range, but it still sounds really good. You'll definitely know that there's an aftermarket exhaust, but your ears will love you. I will say, however, that the the 1-2k rev range is a bit boomy, like when you hear someone with their radio cranked and their subwoofer is booming. It personally doesn't bother me as much since the overall decibel level in the cabin is much more peaceful, but it's just something to keep in mind. If I lived in your area, I would've been more than happy to give you a ride, but I can tell you with great confidence that

OP
OP
OsirisPalko

OsirisPalko

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
My buddy in Tewksbury has an invidia on his type r. I can ask him
Field research is field research lol. If anything the 2.0 possibly has more drone than the 1.5

I just got my sedan's exhaust done today. Previous owner cut off the mufflers so I was in the same boat as you. Got the r400 put on today and it's better than the muffler delete by a long shot. I loved the muffler delete, but sometimes I just didn't want to be obnoxious. I can confirm that it's not as loud in the 3k-4k range, but it still sounds really good. You'll definitely know that there's an aftermarket exhaust, but your ears will love you. I will say, however, that the the 1-2k rev range is a bit boomy, like when you hear someone with their radio cranked and their subwoofer is booming. It personally doesn't bother me as much since the overall decibel level in the cabin is much more peaceful, but it's just something to keep in mind. If I lived in your area, I would've been more than happy to give you a ride, but I can tell you with great confidence that
Good to know. I was joking with my SO who has to endure the decibels that anything will be better lol.

Jawnothing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Field research is field research lol. If anything the 2.0 possibly has more drone than the 1.5

Good to know. I was joking with my SO who has to endure the decibels that anything will be better lol.
Oh my god I never finished typing lol! I can tell you with great confidence that you'll be happier moving to the Invidia or AWE. I preferred the sound of the Invidia, but I don't think you'll go wrong with either.

OP
OP
OsirisPalko

OsirisPalko

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Oh my god I never finished typing lol! I can tell you with great confidence that you'll be happier moving to the Invidia or AWE. I preferred the sound of the Invidia, but I don't think you'll go wrong with either.
Have you heard both personally?

Jawnothing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Have you heard both personally?
I have not, unfortunately. Most of the Si's I see in my area run stock exhausts. It is California, after all lol. I hear the AWE touring has no drone. I will admit that the AWE has a nicer tone to it, but the price of the Invidia was nicer.

Also, I finally heard the cold start from outside my car today and it was even remotely as loud as the muffler delete. Today was also the first day I took it on the highway. At 80 mph in 6th, I heard no drone, just a bit of the exhaust when I gave a bit more throttle.
Sponsored