Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello everyone!

I have been around on the forums for a while but this is my first post and I have a few questions about where I should go from here. The first thing I did was do a muffler delete and have the pipe be center mounted because I preferred the look. Then I got new tires and then I got new wheels. I am not really pleased with the look aesthetically at the moment ie. 16in wheels and large tire sidewall (Long story) and the center-mounted exhaust looks out of place at some angles and kind of droops down.

I am getting a hondata flash tune in a couple weeks as my first performance mod and I am looking for mods that will complement the tune. I was thinking of maybe doing a downpipe or intake next? Or should I go and do coilovers or a full catback exhaust? I also heard that I would probably need to switch out the flywheel before I start doing more engine based mods. I am kind of overwhelmed at the moment and I just want my build to turn out good. Just looking for some pointers from people who have experince and knowledge so I can start to put a list of mods to do together. Thank you to those who are willing to help out.

Here are some pics of what she looks like now.
Honda Civic 10th gen Looking for some suggestions/help on mods 2017 Hatchback LX CVT BmnQBM0
Honda Civic 10th gen Looking for some suggestions/help on mods 2017 Hatchback LX CVT 9GYnSh7

eagles13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
On a totally unrelated note can we get some more pics of that exhaust?

OP
OP
CornfedCivic

CornfedCivic

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Ruruko

First Name
Anderson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic hatchback
Country flag
There's a company called prodrager in Thailand that makes a center exhaust kit for the non sport models but i don't know how to buy it
Honda Civic 10th gen Looking for some suggestions/help on mods 2017 Hatchback LX CVT 23456325_1587644984628555_2029506727786261495_o
Honda Civic 10th gen Looking for some suggestions/help on mods 2017 Hatchback LX CVT 23550417_1587645117961875_5487995807273465129_o
Honda Civic 10th gen Looking for some suggestions/help on mods 2017 Hatchback LX CVT 26870710_187502762013073_7709366760452915200_n

OP
OP
CornfedCivic

CornfedCivic

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There's a company called prodrager in Thailand that makes a center exhaust kit for the non sport models but i don't know how to buy it
23456325_1587644984628555_2029506727786261495_o.jpg
23550417_1587645117961875_5487995807273465129_o.jpg
26870710_187502762013073_7709366760452915200_n.jpg
hmmm thats interesting. Any links to there website or where I can find more information on that? I mean if I just get a new diffuser and add some hangers, hypothetically I can fit in a Borla exhaust made for a normal sport right?

Ruruko

First Name
Anderson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic hatchback
Country flag
hmmm thats interesting. Any links to there website or where I can find more information on that? I mean if I just get a new diffuser and add some hangers, hypothetically I can fit in a Borla exhaust made for a normal sport right?
I saw it on Instagram at first but someone on the forms had posted their Facebook but i still cant figure out how to buy it. Maybe you have to message them about it? Also i don't think you can fit a Borla exhaust since its for the sport. I know on the EX version you cant because the trunk space is lower then the sport version and on the sport its higher for the center exhaust and mufflers back there.

https://www.facebook.com/hybridautoparts.bkk

and here's the Instagram post i originally saw it on

https://www.instagram.com/nunprodrager/?hl=en

pjw7454

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic couple ex-L
Hello everyone!

I have been around on the forums for a while but this is my first post and I have a few questions about where I should go from here. The first thing I did was do a muffler delete and have the pipe be center mounted because I preferred the look. Then I got new tires and then I got new wheels. I am not really pleased with the look aesthetically at the moment ie. 16in wheels and large tire sidewall (Long story) and the center-mounted exhaust looks out of place at some angles and kind of droops down.

I am getting a hondata flash tune in a couple weeks as my first performance mod and I am looking for mods that will complement the tune. I was thinking of maybe doing a downpipe or intake next? Or should I go and do coilovers or a full catback exhaust? I also heard that I would probably need to switch out the flywheel before I start doing more engine based mods. I am kind of overwhelmed at the moment and I just want my build to turn out good. Just looking for some pointers from people who have experince and knowledge so I can start to put a list of mods to do together. Thank you to those who are willing to help out.

BmnQBM0.jpg
9GYnSh7.jpg
see if you can jimmy rig a harness towards the back end of the car to hold up the rest of the exhaust? if you have a welder just weld a loop on the bottom and get some STAINLESS steel chains or bars to hook under it. steel zip ties would work and prevent easy rusting.

OP
OP
CornfedCivic

CornfedCivic

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Check out this, I have it installed on my EX and it would really complete your look with the center exhaust nicely. I havnt gotten my exhaust done yet but will soon, hopefully.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-2016-2...h=item2cd7ad2d27:g:GM8AAOSwuPdbR-dV:rk:9:pf:0

IMG_1839.JPG
Hey I just got the type r replica diffuser installed it looks great! But the exhaust still hangs way to low you are now able to see where the spare tire goes in the trunk I’m just gonna have to go to a muffler shop and see what they can do or get the axel back exhaust that ruruko mentioned but they are fairly pricey. They have two kits for the lx and ex. One is 450 and the other is 750 and shipping to the US for both is 550

Timmeh8604

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
An exhaust shop should be able to fix it to sit right, Im keeping my stock mufflers and they are just gonna run the piping behind the diffuser and do a 90 degree out the opening. $200 with tips included.

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
Hello everyone!

You don't require any other modification in addition to the Hondata Tune until you upgrade the turbo. You could opt for a Flex Fuel Converter and get a Custom Tune? You could also consider an upgraded IC and hose/piping - that will be beneficial when increasing PSI above stock.

nrchaytor

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback 6M
Country flag
Upon contacting Hybrid Autoparts in Thailand, they informed me that the ProDrager exhaust is designed for the non-sport hatchback and you simply need the oem sport rear diffuser to accommodate their exhaust. I assume the type r replica rear diffuser would also work but they would not confirm.

They run the exhaust directly beneath the spare tire tray.. other aftermarket center exhausts will not work with a simple diffuser conversion as the spare tire tray will still interfere.

I was quoted 450 USD for the stainless steel option and 750 USD for the titanium (colorful) option.. shipping for both was quoted as 550 USD via DHL to US/Canada. However, they're looking into a cheaper shipping option in the hopes of making the exhaust (somewhat) feasible for us in North America. They also said that they would accept PayPal.

Upon checking stock and scheduling. they said that ProDrager would not give eta for the exhaust at the moment, but informed that another company ("brother brand") of the same factory and price called "DRIDE" (also on Facebook) .. suggested 3-5 days to produce the same exhaust under this brand.

OP
OP
CornfedCivic

CornfedCivic

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It should fit with the type r replica diffuser. I’m debating ordering the one from Thailand or just taking it to another exhaust shop near me to refit it.
Honda Civic 10th gen Looking for some suggestions/help on mods 2017 Hatchback LX CVT 28C2E7FF-85FD-4E34-A88B-7DF70DAA3E45
Sponsored