TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I installed the Hasport 62A, which is the most mild option out there that I know of. Absolutely hated it. It did reduce wheel hop a tiny bit, and tighten up the feel of the car. I loved the significant reduction in movement during shifting, but I can't recommend it.

It added so much vibration and annoying drone at low RPM that I couldn't handle it. I know I'm not a coward because I lived with far stiffer mounts in my Lotus. I had no issues tolerating that, but it didn't vibrate as much. This car has way more vibrations while the engine revs up off idle that will cause rattles in the dash area. If there was a way to get more stiffness, without the vibrations, I'd be all in. The drone was annoying but tolerable. The vibrations, though, felt like they were just aging the car so much faster.

If you don't track the car I recommend against it unless you never has passengers and don't mind rattles. Honda's build quality isn't robust enough to handle it for long.
I really appreciate this insight. I dont mind drone, but dash rattling.. Im good. Its my daily driver, that would make me absolutely insane.
Sponsored

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
OP
OP
TypeRNY

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag

azmat

First Name
Azmat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si
Country flag
Thanks, Im leaning more towards the hasport as it gives you the option for different bushings for different stiffness. On the SI did you also have an option for different stiffness? WHich one did you go with?
does anybody have the stock type r rmm that they are willing to sell? I have a si and i installed the perrin insert although i enjoy driving it and have no wheel hop, the vibration is not something I am not a fan of. I am finding type r oem rmm for $130 but if there is someone that let go of their for less i would be willing to take it off their hands!
Sponsored