Looking for screws for splash guard for 2017 4 Dr Honda Civic touring

amsslp

First Name
April
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door 2017 Honda Civic Touring; 4 door 2003 Honda Accord Ex-L
Where can I find screws for the splash guard in the front of my car on my 4 door 2017 Honda Civic touring? My local dealer said screws aren’t sold separately & I have to pay $140 for the entire plate. Please help
Sponsored

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Where can I find screws for the splash guard in the front of my car on my 4 door 2017 Honda Civic touring? My local dealer said screws aren’t sold separately & I have to pay $140 for the entire plate. Please help
:rofl:
CONGRATULATIONS -- That has to be the most ridiculous thing I have heard so far in 2019

It looks to me as if the Dealers is Literally SCREWING you !!

Honda Civic 10th gen Looking for screws for splash guard for 2017 4 Dr Honda Civic touring car-dealer-meetin

Take a look at some of the online Honda Parts Stores ...
for example

https://www.hondapartsunlimited.com...e-engine/interior-bumper-cat/under-cover-scat

If you are just missing a few, and have at least one, you should be able to match it at any decent Auto Store .. it's only a BOLT !!!

In any case, the Splash Guard (Item 6), does not indicate in the drawing that it even comes with the necessary bolts/attachments !!! They are separate part numbers !!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP

amsslp

First Name
April
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
:rofl:
CONGRATULATIONS -- That has to be the most ridiculous thing I have heard so far in 2019

Take a look at some of the online Honda Parts Stores ...
for example

https://www.hondapartsunlimited.com...e-engine/interior-bumper-cat/under-cover-scat

If you are just missing a few, and have at least one, you should be able to match it at any decent Auto Store .. it's only a BOLT !!!

In any case, the Splash Guard (Item 6), does not indicate in the drawing that it even comes with the necessary bolts/attachments !!! They are separate part numbers !!!!
Thank you for this info. I too found it ridiculous. He tried to tell me the screws came mounted on the plate. When I asked him then why do I have 3 missing, he had to put me on hold. Came back with oh yeah they can come out but we don’t sell them separately. I find that hard to believe when I’m sure some go missing during an oil change.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Thank you for this info. I too found it ridiculous. He tried to tell me the screws came mounted on the plate. When I asked him then why do I have 3 missing, he had to put me on hold. Came back with oh yeah they can come out but we don’t sell them separately. I find that hard to believe when I’m sure some go missing during an oil change.
They sure do go "Misssing" during some oil changes.. horror stories of them not being replaced correctly, or some not at all, and the plate falling off when owners are driving the cars.

On the subject of Oil Changes -- ANYONE -- ?

If the standard OEM Honda Oil Drain plug bolt, a MAGNETIC bolt, or not ??
Someone told me it was not, that seems also to be totally ridiculous.
Ads for magnetic upgrades would tend to confirm that the OEM one is NOT magnetic.

Honda Civic 10th gen Looking for screws for splash guard for 2017 4 Dr Honda Civic touring mishimoto-magnetic-oil-drain-plug_MED

https://www.procivic.com/p/ym/2018/civic/mishimoto-magnetic-oil-drain-plug.html

This one is about $25 with shipping -- There are many others available, at varying prices.

I was only talking to a trusted mechanic over Christmas about the very same thing...
I need to order one ... ASAP (with some spare crush washers)

But here is a thought... I wonder what the chances are of getting my Magnetic Plug back after a Dealer Oil Change !!! (Not that I would ever let a Dealer do an oil change on any of my cars )

Just ordered + 25 Crush washers ... just under $25 incl shipping Amazon Prime.
1st weekend of 2019 Project !!

Last edited:

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
On the subject of Oil Changes -- ANYONE -- ?

If the standard OEM Honda Oil Drain plug bolt, a MAGNETIC bolt, or not ??
I can confirm that it is not.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
OP
OP

amsslp

First Name
April
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future reference for the lower splash guard prong info. Here’s the part number.

Honda Civic 10th gen Looking for screws for splash guard for 2017 4 Dr Honda Civic touring 885B717C-1CFB-42C5-8596-6616F2DF2482