BagOfRichardz

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
Looking to upgrade and get a new exhaust for my 2021 Hatchback Sport. Any suggestions? Trying to be as economical as possible. Hoping to find something with a more louder deeper tone but nothing too obnoxious. Living in Hawaii in Oahu has been tough to find things especially with shipping costs.
Sponsored

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Downpipe has been great for me with stock exhaust

Pros: You get some burbles and crackles. You hear more of the motor. It adds hrsprs. It's less expensive than an exhaust. It doesn't sound overly raspy like muffler deletes. It actually adds gains (exhaust doesn't until you're fbo + turbo)

Cons: Possible code, can be turned off with a tuner

booost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Downpipe has been great for me with stock exhaust

Pros: You get some burbles and crackles. You hear more of the motor. It adds hrsprs. It's less expensive than an exhaust. It doesn't sound overly raspy like muffler deletes. It actually adds gains (exhaust doesn't until you're fbo + turbo)

Cons: Possible code, can be turned off with a tuner
Going to 2nd this. I recently took my exhaust off, went back to stock besides my 3" downpipe/frontpipe. The drone, rattles, etc... I can't stand it.

Deleted member 51112

I've personally never heard a decent sounding exhaust on our cars in my opinion. Save your money and buy a tuning device, add some extra performance that way and stay silently stealthy, that's what I've done. I'm too old for the drone, the rattles and vibrations (been there, done that on other cars), and quite frankly most of the performance auto crowd outside of JDM lovers and younger people will think your car sounds ridiculous like a vacuum cleaner in the throws of its final death rattle.

OP
OP
BagOfRichardz

BagOfRichardz

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
I've personally never heard a decent sounding exhaust on our cars in my opinion. Save your money and buy a tuning device, add some extra performance that way and stay silently stealthy, that's what I've done. I'm too old for the drone, the rattles and vibrations (been there, done that on other cars), and quite frankly most of the performance auto crowd outside of JDM lovers and younger people will think your car sounds ridiculous like a vacuum cleaner in the throws of its final death rattle.
Got a Ingen intake and have a Hondata tune already done. Still trying to squeeze out a few more ponies.

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
louder? deeper? not obnoixious?

type r exhaust.

if you want louder, add catless downpipe.

if you want louder than that, do a muffler delete too.

Deleted member 51112

Got a Ingen intake and have a Hondata tune already done. Still trying to squeeze out a few more ponies.
Its not worth it, bang for buck an exhaust on these cars is a poor way to make power. Spend a grand for a couple hp? Nah. And make the car rattle and sound horrible with NVH that rattles your teeth? Trust me, I've been there, done that...it got old and you won't feel the 3 or 4 extra hp you'll spend thru the nose to get.
Sponsored