20tshatch

First Name
Anton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic hatch sport touring 6mt
Country flag
Hi all! I am looking to purchase a 2020 civic hatch sport touring with (apparently rare) 6mt. We love the what the car comes with and for the price it seems like quite the package.
One question is about the troubles that the 2018/19 civics had with the ac condenser. Is that something to look out for in a 2020 or has that been fixed? Haven't been able to find any info on that.
We re moving up from a 2004 civic! So when the dealer asked if we wanted an extended warranty I initially thought no. Since our 2004 has been very reliable minus minor very things. So would you pay 4k for the extended warranty?
Any and all input is greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
Hi all! I am looking to purchase a 2020 civic hatch sport touring with (apparently rare) 6mt. We love the what the car comes with and for the price it seems like quite the package.
One question is about the troubles that the 2018/19 civics had with the ac condenser. Is that something to look out for in a 2020 or has that been fixed? Haven't been able to find any info on that.
We re moving up from a 2004 civic! So when the dealer asked if we wanted an extended warranty I initially thought no. Since our 2004 has been very reliable minus minor very things. So would you pay 4k for the extended warranty?
Any and all input is greatly appreciated!
You can get the Honda Care warranty for like $700 - I forget where but there's a Honda dealer that sells them super cheap, and you can buy it any time before the 3 year warranty is up.

Run away from any dealer asking $4k for it, lol.

You'll want it - I had to fix my condenser out of pocket last year, and it's acting up again just 9 months later. Not sure how long the warranty is on service parts.

OP
OP

20tshatch

First Name
Anton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic hatch sport touring 6mt
Country flag
You can get the Honda Care warranty for like $700 - I forget where but there's a Honda dealer that sells them super cheap, and you can buy it any time before the 3 year warranty is up.

Run away from any dealer asking $4k for it, lol.

You'll want it - I had to fix my condenser out of pocket last year, and it's acting up again just 9 months later. Not sure how long the warranty is on service parts.

Thanks, I thought 4k was a bit much.

Tzfng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Civic Hatch ST
Country flag
I have a 2019 hatch sport touring 6MT and havent had any issues/recall with the AC

South86

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Coupe, 2019 Acura ILX A-Spec, 2013 Ram 1500 SLT
Country flag
I have been looking for the Hatch Touring 6MT, that car is actually really hard to find so I gave up on finding one and decided to go with the SI sedan and just upgrade the seats with KATZKIN which I think will end up being cheaper in the end anyways. 4K for Hondacare is ridiculous though don't pay that much.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
I wouldn't pay 4k for a warranty. The AC in my car hasn't had an "issue", but it takes a while to cool down and isn't as cold as I think it should be. Whether that's a recall problem is just Honda's weak ass AC, idk yet.

GreaseCrow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 "Clifford" Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2015 Civic EX 5MT
Country flag
4k is a bit much. The 2020s should have the a/c issues fixed. I got my 2018 hatch sport with an additional 3 years and 60000km warranty for 1k. 4k is over paying I'd say.

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
Country flag
Just checking in to see if you bought one ?
Or what did you end up doing ?
If you bought it, please share your like/ dislike thoughts.
Sponsored