Looking for feedback, Possible clutch issue.

D34thlock17

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Ok so long story short I had a problem with my previous clutch. Since then I bought an ACT 6 puck with lightweight flywheel. The clutch was installed at a good shop but they tell me that the car is not getting into gear. I was told it could be an issue with the pressure plate being at fault. Has anyone else had a similar issue? Any ACT users out there that had issues when installing their clutches? Looking for general feed back to point me in the right direction to move forward.
Sponsored

ian408

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type R Sonic
Country flag
If this is something that's happened immediately after installation, take it back. It worked when you dropped it off, it should work when you leave.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Ok so long story short I had a problem with my previous clutch. Since then I bought an ACT 6 puck with lightweight flywheel. The clutch was installed at a good shop but they tell me that the car is not getting into gear. I was told it could be an issue with the pressure plate being at fault. Has anyone else had a similar issue? Any ACT users out there that had issues when installing their clutches? Looking for general feed back to point me in the right direction to move forward.
Very likely that they have installed the clutch disc flipped the wrong side. ACT does label their disc, you're supposed to be able to see the Transmission side facing the trans / towards the driver's side wheel

Honda Civic 10th gen Looking for feedback, Possible clutch issue. DSC_0962.JPG

OP
OP
D34thlock17

D34thlock17

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Very likely that they have installed the clutch disc flipped the wrong side. ACT does label their disc, you're supposed to be able to see the Transmission side facing the trans / towards the driver's side wheel

DSC_0962.JPG
I might have to check that although I remember mine being labeled as you mentioned to avoid incorrect installation. Also I did not think it was possible to mount it backwards at all.