First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic ā€˜17 Hatch EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can't believe the part that connects to the front pipe is not reduced or made smaller like just about all the other exhausts I've seen. This is EXCELLENT! Not keen on the muffler size since it may not muffle much and it sticking out but otherwise, the piping bends and not being reduced is really, REALLY good. I like it a lot. Way to go!
It actually does slightly, and I mean slightly, taper down to the flange where it connects to the front pipe. I havenā€™t used calipers to measure but Iā€™d say it goes from 3ā€ down to maybe ~2.8-2.9ā€ to leave room for the bolts! I was never one for an obnoxious exhaust, I think the muffler Blox used is just right for my preferences! It definitely got that lower pitch like most exhaust systems do after a few hundred miles.
Sponsored

Reactions: Myx

ryanfk7

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have you had a shop cut them yet???
I have not had time to get around to it yet, shooting for end of September or maybe just wait until the spring! Itā€™s honestly grown on me a little more than when I first put it on, to the point where Iā€™d rather get some other things done first before I do that!

tylermatt03

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I have not had time to get around to it yet, shooting for end of September or maybe just wait until the spring! Itā€™s honestly grown on me a little more than when I first put it on, to the point where Iā€™d rather get some other things done first before I do that!
I'm seriously looking at buying this but, im on lowering springs... does the muffler/ tip hang down very low? Like to the point where you worry about it?

ryanfk7

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm seriously looking at buying this but, im on lowering springs... does the muffler/ tip hang down very low? Like to the point where you worry about it?
What lowering springs/how much of a drop do you have? I do spirited drives on some bad backroads and my area is known for some of the worst roads including some decent potholes which sometimes you just canā€™t avoid...and I just looked under today and no scrapes at all. The last connection point/flange is actually slightly lower than the muffler/tip so if anything that would be the point of contact ā€:dunno:

AFunnyBlackMan

FK7 NightHawk
First Name
Ernest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
I bought this exhaust a few weeks ago and noticed that I have some slight cabin vibration under acceleration. Did you experience this too? I was wondering if this was because of the misplacement of the hanger near the resonator

Last edited:

ryanfk7

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought this exhaust a few weeks ago and noticed that I have some slight cabin vibration under acceleration. Did you experience this too? I was wondering if this was because of the misplacement or the hanger near the resonator
I have the 27WON rear motor mount so I cannot confirm this as I already have A LOT of cabin vibration. Im actually going to be installing the OEM mount for winter and was planning on doing it sometime this week. Will let ya know what I find

FLOPPER

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX 6MT
Country flag
I have the 27WON rear motor mount so I cannot confirm this as I already have A LOT of cabin vibration. Im actually going to be installing the OEM mount for winter and was planning on doing it sometime this week. Will let ya know what I find
How long ago did you install the RMM?

The vibration settled down a LOT after I put some miles on it, I'd guess around 500.

ryanfk7

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How long ago did you install the RMM?

The vibration settled down a LOT after I put some miles on it, I'd guess around 500.
I have around 3k on it. Itā€™s definitely settled down since originally putting it on. To put it in perspective a little, I have the BLOX catback exhaust which has a decent grumble and I canā€™t even hear it over the NVH of the mount.

FLOPPER

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX 6MT
Country flag
I have around 3k on it. Itā€™s definitely settled down since originally putting it on. To put it in perspective a little, I have the BLOX catback exhaust which has a decent grumble and I canā€™t even hear it over the NVH of the mount.
I have the LX so maybe I was already used to a lot of NVH when it was stock! lol

AFunnyBlackMan

FK7 NightHawk
First Name
Ernest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
Thanks man! Iā€™ve been wondering about it since the installation. I just want to make sure I didnā€™t do anything wrong. Also, did you put the metal bracket back on after installing your exhaust?

Last edited:

ryanfk7

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks man! Iā€™ve been wondering about it since the installation. I just want to make sure I didnā€™t do anything wrong. Also, did you put the metal bracket back on after installing your exhaust?
I did not, that metal bracket is just for saving the underside from getting beat. But I have yet to bottom out and will probably never lower it so Iā€™m not worried! Update: will probably install OEM mount today and take it for a test. Will post findings either tonight or tomorrow :thumbsup:

ryanfk7

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So Iā€™ve had the stock mount installed for 2 days now. I have not heard any vibration from it inside the cabin. How did you pair the BLOX to the stock front pipe? Or do you have an aftermarket front pipe?

tylermatt03

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
What lowering springs/how much of a drop do you have? I do spirited drives on some bad backroads and my area is known for some of the worst roads including some decent potholes which sometimes you just canā€™t avoid...and I just looked under today and no scrapes at all. The last connection point/flange is actually slightly lower than the muffler/tip so if anything that would be the point of contact ā€:dunno:
My Blox Exhaust just came in the mail the other day. Thanks for the info.

Jomatt

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback LX
Country flag
I bought this exhaust a few weeks ago and noticed that I have some slight cabin vibration under acceleration. Did you experience this too? I was wondering if this was because of the misplacement of the hanger near the resonator
I installed mine last week, so far I have experienced minimum vibration in the cabin but it doesnā€™t bother me.

ryanfk7

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I installed mine last week, so far I have experienced minimum vibration in the cabin but it doesnā€™t bother me.
Iā€™ve just installed Megan Racing catless downpipe and front pipe and now I DEFINITELY have some cabin vibration. :drive:
Sponsored