Hats_N_Hoodies

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Hatch
Country flag
I have been searching the forums for a definitive sizing on the hideous rims they decided to go with on the Sport and Si trim.

Is it a split spoke or is it a 5 star?

Honda wanted both i guess. Why save weight and go with one or the other, right?

Opinion aside, I have read that it is a 18x8 with a +35mm offset and I have also read that it has a +50mm off set.

I am trying to pick a new rim and I want to know what my window for offset is. I am staying with a 18x8 or 8.5. I have the 235/40 R18 tire I want to use. I am also going to be getting the Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs. I know they shouldn't lower it enough to rub either way. But i do want to have the wheel push out a tiny bit more to improve the profile of the car.

Any suggestions or factual info would be appreciated.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I'm 100% sure they are 18x8 +50 like the previous wheels. I think the consensus is 18x8.5 +35 is a safe more aggressive aftermarket choice.

Last edited:

GoldClass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback
Country flag
If you want to push out a tiny bit with 8” or 8.5” on 235/40 at ET35 on a square setup, highly will rub on the front fender tab (when run hard over the hump/pothole accidentally) on lowered Pro kit later. You will need chamber kit at the front to solve the rubbing or pull a bit of fender or do the fender tab mod.

But for a clean setup without tab mod, pull fender or any chamber kit, consider 235/40R18 at 8”~8.5” ET40. This offset will allow you for a slight wider tyre later down the road if you would like to.

Another alternative to consider 225/40R18 at 8” at ET37 or 8.5” at ET35. This will give you more aggressive look. But the speedometer will be out by ~1.2% (still within the allowance of 3%).
Sponsored