jay2017

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ES350, MDX
Hi,

I test drove Civic EX-T sedan and Accord sports and liked the Civic much better. I am 22, recent collage grad and looking to buy my first car.

I have been debating between sedan vs hatch back and have watched few you tune video that explain the difference in detail.

Do you mind sharing your thoughts on Sedan vs Hatch.

I am located in norther VA and have been looking at this forum to figure out the price. I think I might get better help in posting in the NE regional forum.

What should be the price including destination (Before dealer fee, TTL) I should be looking at in DC metro area to make it a good deal.

I have pretty good credit and my parents with good credit are willing to cosign.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

sam17civicsport

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport
Country flag
if you PM me, I'll hook you up with my sales guy from Chantilly Honda. He's pretty awesome. He'll give you actual quotes through text/email (some sales guys won't do that) and it's all legit (he won't change up the numbers on you once you show up). His customer service is the bomb. I bought with him b/c I went in randomly with my 6 yr old son to look at a Type R. He happened to be walking by and we started talking about the Type R and my kid was bummed they didn't have one so the guy was nice/polite enough to show my kid a picture of it from his phone. Not a big deal in some aspects, but in other aspects... Anyway, just saying there's deals to be had and actually OK car sales people out in NoVA.

With that being said, I think you can try to shoot for as close to $19k as possible. There's another thread here about another NoVA guy who had a great plan on purchasing vehicle. His whole thing was to tell the dealer what you're willing to pay vs asking what they want (within reason of course). That's what I did with my hatch. I think $19k is a good deal. Others might chime in and correct me if I'm wrong. :)

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
I have pretty good credit and my parents with good credit are willing to cosign.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
If you have good credit why do you need a co-signer?? You seem young and it's a terrible idea to buy a new car at a young age.

Typically safe financial advice is to have at least the same amount liquid in savings (and then some) before buying a car in case life happens and you can't make the payment or can just pay it off immediately. By buying new you will suffer depreciation.

as far as car price you could get a civic hatch sport for close to 19700 OTD

I paid 22,300 OTD for my EXT with honda sensing in April at bill page honda
Sponsored