92civic20

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Mods, please move if this isn’t the proper place to post. I purchased a part from a company who happens to be a sponsor/vendor on here (don’t want to call anyone out at this time). The part doesn’t fit properly and I’ve provided images and explanations to the company. Their response was that they aren’t able to do a return because the part was installed (how else would I know if the part fit or not) and to sell the part online. The last part seems super shady, especially since it doesn’t fit my car properly. I don’t feel comfortable passing it off to someone else. Anyone have any advice on what to do? Or am I just out a decent chunk of money and chalk it up to a lesson learned?
Sponsored

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Definitely call and demand a refund it’s not your job to make adjustments to a product that should be a direct fitment. Explain to them that their statement about it being mounted makes literally 0 sense since there’s no other way of making sure it fits. Dropping the name of the company might help people avoid the same issue you’re in. If they’re on here I’d definitely @ them

OP
OP

92civic20

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Definitely call and demand a refund it’s not your job to make adjustments to a product that should be a direct fitment. Explain to them that their statement about it being mounted makes literally 0 sense since there’s no other way of making sure it fits. Dropping the name of the company might help people avoid the same issue you’re in. If they’re on here I’d definitely @ them
Appreciate the feedback. Before calling out the company, what are your (or anyone else's) thoughts on the fitment of the mirror caps. I understand that these are aftermarket parts, so the fitment may not be as good as stock, but they should be better than this (the company said the fitment gaps are within tolerance). I even circled the area that is keeping the cap from sitting flush and also keeping one of the clips from fully snapping in, and it is clearly not on the stock cap. I realize the gaps don't look that bad in the images, but they are extremely noticeable in person.

Honda Civic 10th gen Looking for advice IMG_7509.JPEG

Honda Civic 10th gen Looking for advice IMG_7510.JPEG

Honda Civic 10th gen Looking for advice IMG_7512 (1)

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Appreciate the feedback. Before calling out the company, what are your (or anyone else's) thoughts on the fitment of the mirror caps. I understand that these are aftermarket parts, so the fitment may not be as good as stock, but they should be better than this (the company said the fitment gaps are within tolerance). I even circled the area that is keeping the cap from sitting flush and also keeping one of the clips from fully snapping in, and it is clearly not on the stock cap. I realize the gaps don't look that bad in the images, but they are extremely noticeable in person.

IMG_7509.JPEG

IMG_7510.JPEG

IMG_7512 (1).jpeg
Nah man the fitment looks pretty bad imo by tolerable gaps I’d assume they been a baby cm between the mirror and the cap in the middle or something. That looks like something is stopping it from being clipped in

OP
OP

92civic20

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Nah man the fitment looks pretty bad imo by tolerable gaps I’d assume they been a baby cm between the mirror and the cap in the middle or something. That looks like something is stopping it from being clipped in
Man, good to know I'm not being overly picky about this. The company I ordered the caps from is ProCar Studio. After sending them the images and telling them about the fitment issues, I was told I couldn't return them because they had been used/installed. I was also told that "This has been commonly how some caps have arrived." (Direct quote).

These were my options for a resolution:
1)Sell them to someone else (Don't feel even one bit comfortable doing this)
2) Modify them myself so they fit/fit better (I shouldn't have to do this)
3) Bring them to a body shop to be put on there (I shouldn't have to pay someone to do something as simple as this, especially if my stock caps snap in super easy).

I don't really know what to do, and I feel like I'm just going to be out a good (for me) chunk of money.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Man, good to know I'm not being overly picky about this. The company I ordered the caps from is ProCar Studio. After sending them the images and telling them about the fitment issues, I was told I couldn't return them because they had been used/installed. I was also told that "This has been commonly how some caps have arrived." (Direct quote).

3) Bring them to a body shop to be put on there (I shouldn't have to pay someone to do something as simple as this, especially if my stock caps snap in super easy).

I don't really know what to do, and I feel like I'm just going to be out a good (for me) chunk of money.
Honda Civic 10th gen Looking for advice 1623182376738

Sounds like these are not as described and that you have given the company every opportunity to make it right. When all else fails, you do have the option of a chargeback.

I could be wrong but it is very likely the seller imports these from China and slaps their own name on them. Poor fitment of these parts is not a new issue, something even they apparently acknowledged after you received yours.

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Nah man get your money back call your bank and tell them your situation & also what the company said so they can open some sort of investigation they’ll credit you your money back. Well hopefully. Their item description states it should be direct fitment don’t let them finesse you out your money fam

OP
OP

92civic20

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
1623182376738.png

Sounds like these are not as described and that you have given the company every opportunity to make it right. When all else fails, you do have the option of a chargeback.

I could be wrong but it is very likely the seller imports these from China and slaps their own name on them. Poor fitment of these parts is not a new issue, something even they apparently acknowledged after you received yours.
Thank you very much for the feedback! Would you recommend going back to the company one last time to see if I can get 100% refund? Or just go straight through my credit card company? I've never done a chargeback, so this process would be an all new process for me.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I always advocate doing everything possible to come to a reasonable resolution with the seller before going the route of chargeback but if you do need to do that, you would indeed need to contact your credit card company.

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you very much for the feedback! Would you recommend going back to the company one last time to see if I can get 100% feedback? Or just go straight through my credit card company? I've never done a chargeback, so this process would be an all new process for me.
I say Go straight to the credit card company just to get it over with. Calling them and stating that if you don’t get a refund you’ll have to go through the credit card company won’t hurt either they might make you send them back. Don’t forget to mention how ridiculous the “well you installed them so we can’t refund you your money” is

OP
OP

92civic20

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
I say Go straight to the credit card company just to get it over with. Calling them and stating that if you don’t get a refund you’ll have to go through the credit card company won’t hurt either they might make you send them back. Don’t forget to mention how ridiculous the “well you installed them so we can’t refund you your money” is
Update: Initiated a charge back with my CC company. I don't like doing something like this, but I was left with no choice. I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks again for the advice.

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
Update: Initiated a charge back with my CC company. I don't like doing something like this, but I was left with no choice. I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks again for the advice.
You gave them a chance, they didn't treat you right so a chargeback is absolutely the way to go.

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wonder how many complaints on fitment there are, I was debating buying these for my Si soon.

OP
OP

92civic20

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
I wonder how many complaints on fitment there are, I was debating buying these for my Si soon.
I wondered the same thing after attempting to get install them. I will say, they look very nice. But the fitment, on my pair at least, is garbage. You can always take a change, but just be careful if you buy them from ProCar Studio. Their return policy is garbage (you pay shipping back and there is a 15% restocking fee). And according to them, if you attempt to install them, then they are considered used and are non returnable.

OP
OP

92civic20

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
UPDATE: So after a few months, my credit card company sided with me and they gave me a full refund. Appreciate everyone that offered advice!
Sponsored