First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey Gents,
So i bought an HKS catless dp for fk8, and i was dead set on going catless dp and sticking with the stock exhaust. But I cant lie, since the greddy sp exhaust came out, and being so affordable, id be lying if i said I didnt have my eye on it.

Im really so over the stupid loud exhaust, as I had that on my sti for a number of years. Im looking for clean, deep, throaty aggressive sound, but not too loud. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this exhaust combo, or if anyone knows of some video/sound clips! Thanks in advance everyone!
Sponsored

Mikias

First Name
Mikias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Country flag
I'd personally recommend the HKS Legamax over the Greddy SP, if you want an aggressive driving tone without too many compromises. The drone will be atrocious on the Greddy SP + Catless. Even stock it can get bad.

I know there is a seller in MD that is selling the Legamax + FP at a solid discount so it may be the right opportunity for you if you want to go full HKS.

https://www.civicx.com/threads/hks-legamax-and-hks-fp.46099/

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey Gents,
So i bought an HKS catless dp for fk8, and i was dead set on going catless dp and sticking with the stock exhaust. But I cant lie, since the greddy sp exhaust came out, and being so affordable, id be lying if i said I didnt have my eye on it.

Im really so over the stupid loud exhaust, as I had that on my sti for a number of years. Im looking for clean, deep, throaty aggressive sound, but not too loud. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this exhaust combo, or if anyone knows of some video/sound clips! Thanks in advance everyone!
are you planning on getting a front pipe upgrade as well?

OP
OP
TypeRNY

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
are you planning on getting a front pipe upgrade as well?
I am not sure to be honest. Maybe you can help educate me. I definitely want to get the most power out of it as possible, however I definitely dont want drone, and I definitely dont something super loud. Somebody somewhere on these forums used the perfect adjective imo for what im looking for, a deep, mature, sound. What do you recommend?

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am not sure to be honest. Maybe you can help educate me. I definitely want to get the most power out of it as possible, however I definitely dont want drone, and I definitely dont something super loud. Somebody somewhere on these forums used the perfect adjective imo for what im looking for, a deep, mature, sound. What do you recommend?
If you get the chance, give me a call at 571-271-0271 and I can go over the options and choices with you. Would be easier then typing it all out lol.

OP
OP
TypeRNY

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Thank you vincent, I appreciate it. I sneak on the forums while I am at work, but I will definitely take you up on that!

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
I will have my HKS legamax for sale soon if you’re interested. I had it on the car for less than a year and less than 5k miles. Never drove in snow or salt.

turboR

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR #18775 / 2002 NB Miata (track car)
Country flag
Hey Gents,

I had the Greddy tri-tip on the CTR (stock DP) and its the WORST exhaust I have ever owned by far, horrible tone and all drone. I even Dynamatted the entire rear of the car, did not help. Swapped to HKS Spec-L and its perfect for DD, although I will be swapping for the Remus as I want the ability to control the volume.

OP
OP
TypeRNY

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I have been debating a control valved exhaust. I really didnt want to spend over a grand on an exhaust, but the idea of being able to switch on the fly appeals to me. Which exhausts have that ability? Are some of them bluetooth controlled so I dont have to run a wire to the dash?

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
you have a few options for a valved exhaust but not all are remote controlled.
However, your going to have spend quite a bit more than a grand for one. They are all $2000+ range.

Probably missing a few but:

boost actuated valve
  • Sequence Manufacturing
  • Boost Logics
remote controlled valve
  • Remus
  • Frequency Intelligence
  • Army Trix
the fact that you are going to be catless is going to increase the volume of your exhaust (and possibly drone) quite a bit. The stock exhaust with a catless isn't a bad combo if you don't want a noisy exhaust. Maybe look into the AWE touring exhaust. I have never heard of it in person but people swear by it. Exhaust noise/drone level is all subjective though so i would take any reviews online with a grain of salt and try to listen to one in person before pulling the trigger. An exhaust can make your driving experience better or worse than it currently is.

OP
OP
TypeRNY

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Yes, after looking i dont think im looking to spend that much, however I do like the idea of a boost actuated valve. But after hearing some reviews and opinions I may go with the HKS legamax, as I heard even with a catless, drone isnt bad, if at all. Not sure if this is true or not, but I am definitely doing my research.

turboR

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR #18775 / 2002 NB Miata (track car)
Country flag
Yes, after looking i dont think im looking to spend that much, however I do like the idea of a boost actuated valve. But after hearing some reviews and opinions I may go with the HKS legamax, as I heard even with a catless, drone isnt bad, if at all. Not sure if this is true or not, but I am definitely doing my research.
I think you would be happier with the HKS Spec-L if you want no drone even with catless. For me after having 2 exhausts already, Im biting the bullet and saving up for the Remus as the controller option is the only way I will be happy....I did not want to spend that much on an exhaust either, but in the long run I at least wont be loosing money on more exhausts that I would have buy then sell at a depreciation hit. I finally got a chance to hear the Remus in person and for me its the sound I was looking for, plus the adjustability is a win win.
Sponsored