Tonycivicboi

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Country flag
Did research and have boiled my search down to the Enkei TS-10 black gloss with Pilot Sport 4S.

i plan to leave my suspension stock. I was trying to read the rim diameters as well as multiple fitment threads but people seem to use different sizes.

i was wondering what Enkei rim size would be the most OEM size that wouldn’t cause rubbing and other problems? Based on what im reading, 18x9.5 +38 would be flush but i could be wrong?

thank you!
Sponsored

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Did research and have boiled my search down to the Enkei TS-10 black gloss with Pilot Sport 4S.

i plan to leave my suspension stock. I was trying to read the rim diameters as well as multiple fitment threads but people seem to use different sizes.

i was wondering what Enkei rim size would be the most OEM size that wouldn’t cause rubbing and other problems? Based on what im reading, 18x9.5 +38 would be flush but i could be wrong?

thank you!

thank you!
Fitment industry's gallery is a decent go to, but from what @gtman has helped me with, along with a buddy who used to have a 10th gen Si, i've been told if you want it to drive and look relatively stock, just updated wheels, 18x8 +45 will be a safe bet on 235,40,R18's. I believe tire rack shows the same if you look up an sport touring as their sizing tends to be OEM based.

OP
OP
Tonycivicboi

Tonycivicboi

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Country flag
Fitment industry's gallery is a decent go to, but from what @gtman has helped me with, along with a buddy who used to have a 10th gen Si, i've been told if you want it to drive and look relatively stock, just updated wheels, 18x8 +45 will be a safe bet on 235,40,R18's. I believe tire rack shows the same if you look up an sport touring as their sizing tends to be OEM based.
oh if I were to go with Enkei TS-10 18x8 +50, its similar to OEM wheel size. Would i still need to use the centering Hub rings?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
oh if I were to go with Enkei TS-10 18x8 +50, its similar to OEM wheel size. Would i still need to use the centering Hub rings?
You don't HAVE TO use the rings, but personally, I'd recommend them for sure to help with vibrations. If you order from Tire Rack, they include the rings free.

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
You don't HAVE TO use the rings, but personally, I'd recommend them for sure to help with vibrations. If you order from Tire Rack, they include the rings free.
Was about to say this.

Also was looking at more sizing options and given how my 17x7.5 +45 fit these are basically what i've narrowed my search down to
  1. 18x8 + 40 - very similar to my current setup with a little bit more poke
  2. 18x8+45 - basically equal
  3. 18x8.5 +35 - these might look the best but i'd have to check if that 1" poke addition is too much for my liking.

OP
OP
Tonycivicboi

Tonycivicboi

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Country flag
Was about to say this.

Also was looking at more sizing options and given how my 17x7.5 +45 fit these are basically what i've narrowed my search down to
  3. 18x8.5 +35 - these might look the best but i'd have to check if that 1" poke addition is too much for my liking.
Since these aftermarket wheels are the exact 18x8 +50 as the OEM honda wheels, most likely there wont be any rubbing or other wheel issues?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Since these aftermarket wheels are the exact 18x8 +50 as the OEM honda wheels, most likely there wont be any rubbing or other wheel issues?
Absolutely perfect OEM look and fit. +40 would work fine as well.

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Was about to say this.

Call me weird but I'm not into the flush look. Don't get me wrong, on a lowered car it looks really nice but at stock height I think it looks a little "off". But hey, that's me. It's all personal preference. For you I think the 18x8 +40 would be a nice setup.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Make sure and check if the stock lugs will work or you need tuner lugs as a lot of aftermarket wheels, if not all, won't fit the stock lugs on this car.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If he buys off Tire Rack, his Enkeis will include the hubcentric rings and correct lug nuts. Stock lugs definitely won't work.

OP
OP
Tonycivicboi

Tonycivicboi

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Country flag
If he buys off Tire Rack, his Enkeis will include the hubcentric rings and correct lug nuts. Stock lugs definitely won't work.
Yup, I plan to get them from tirerack. It shows I will get the hub rings + lug nuts free. :)

RGUYS

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Tire Rack is spot on with the fitment and yes that do include hub rings and correct lug nuts .
I have purchased several sets of aftermarket wheels from them Over the years without issues.

The set I have on my Si are from Fitment Industries they have a awesome gallery you can see what other Civic owners run on their cars . Fitment does not include hub rings but the are available and the lug nuts are extra cost .
My wheels are 18x8 1/2 with a 35 offset. I am running the factory Goodyear tires for now and no hub center rings.

I called Fitment and I was told that the spindle style lug nuts they sell would center the wheel on the hub . So far , no vibrations a couple of months down the road . The tire guy freaked out when he didn’t see the hub rings I told him to go for it and took a chance that they wouldn’t vibrate .
Fitment was right about the spindle nuts centering the wheel but hub rings are the correct way in my opinion.

I would still recommend hub center rings , because the tire guy took forever to center wheels on the hub . Centering rings cut out the guess work and the next shop may not take the time this place did get everything centered just right .
Sponsored