First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm so lost looking for a new exhaust because of all the options. I want to have that nice deep tone but something manageable enough to drive early because of school and super late at night because of work. I also live in an area with annoying cops. I was at first looking for a cutout to have the best of both worlds but it seems not a lot of people have them so I could not really gather an opinion on them. Then I was considering just going all out with the straight pipe after seeing the prices of a new exhaust. Should I get a cutout and maybe sacrifice a good tone for volume or should I save money for a whole new exhaust? Just looking for some opinions based on personal experience.
Sponsored

Last edited:

hondabandit

First Name
hondaman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 sport hatch
Country flag
I have greddy SP, and honestly, noise and vibrations get old quick for daily driving.

SleepyCivic

First Name
Elijah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Sedan WOP
Country flag
I run the Invidia Gemini and I love it. Itā€™s a nice deep tone, barely noticeable at freeway speeds. Not raspy at all and definitely not too loud for a neighborhood/apartment. Tone wise I think itā€™s the best one for the money. If money is no object then the AWE sounds very nice, as well at the Apexi.

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I run the Invidia Gemini and I love it. Itā€™s a nice deep tone, barely noticeable at freeway speeds. Not raspy at all and definitely not too loud for a neighborhood/apartment. Tone wise I think itā€™s the best one for the money. If money is no object then the AWE sounds very nice, as well at the Apexi.
Keep in mind, his profile says Sport Hatch. Those exhausts won't work with his hatchback.

You could do a Type R Retro fit (least expensive since people literally give them away sometimes), Greddy SP, Magnaflow, theres a few options. Just try to listen to sound clips and judge from that as best as you can with headphones on. That's what I did with my Si and got the AWE and had no regrets and now eventually will be going with a catted DP paired to it. Just a shame AWE doesn't make one for the hatchback sport. Probably not enough demand.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag

10thgenhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 hatch.
Country flag
Keep in mind, his profile says Sport Hatch. Those exhausts won't work with his hatchback.

You could do a Type R Retro fit (least expensive since people literally give them away sometimes), Greddy SP, Magnaflow, theres a few options. Just try to listen to sound clips and judge from that as best as you can with headphones on. That's what I did with my Si and got the AWE and had no regrets and now eventually will be going with a catted DP paired to it. Just a shame AWE doesn't make one for the hatchback sport. Probably not enough demand.
Can you point me in a direction to find quieter exhausts that would fit the sport hatch? Do I even need a new exhaust? Iā€™m planning on getting most everything done to my car before I tune it. I know kinda weird but I use it for work and donā€™t wanna void my warranty just yet thanks.

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can you point me in a direction to find quieter exhausts that would fit the sport hatch? Do I even need a new exhaust? Iā€™m planning on getting most everything done to my car before I tune it. I know kinda weird but I use it for work and donā€™t wanna void my warranty just yet thanks.
If your goal is for a quieter setup, you could do what my co worker did and grab a cheap Type R exhaust and retro fit and (I believe) a muffler delete (maybe wait on the muffler delete to see how it sounds because it might be too loud if you like the quiet). If you want quiet, I would keep your downpipe stock if youā€™re going to be doing your exhaust with something aftermarket.

But Iā€™ll be honest, what sounds good to me might sound like crap to you. Itā€™s all subjective. As an example I think a cat less DP and an AWE Track exhaust is way too much for myself but to some it sounds fantastic.

Thatā€™s why I said to the other guy to put a pair of good headphones on, give yourself some spare time, and go through some exhaust clips for your FK7. You should do the same :) Greddy would be a more refined and smooth tone as Iā€™ve heard that one before. I canā€™t comment on the others as Iā€™ve never heard them on the hatch.

OP
OP
SpenAfon

SpenAfon

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I listened to some sports with the type r exhaust I couldn't hear much of a difference from stock. Unless it was just the audio quality that was the problem. rn I'm looking at the greddy ddr as well as the SP but it's hard to beat the price that people are selling their type r exhausts for

10thgenhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 hatch.
Country flag
I was a little anebriated and see you answered my question in your comment kinda. But thanks. LOL. Retro fit pretty simple? Do you know if there is/where I would run into any restrictions on a stock exhaust after its tuned? Obviously type r retro would have no restrictions right?

10thgenhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 hatch.
Country flag
I was a little anebriated and see you answered my question in your comment kinda. But thanks. LOL. Retro fit pretty simple? Do you know if there is/where I would run into any restrictions on a stock exhaust after its tuned? Obviously type r retro would have no restrictions right?
Also how does your co workers car sound now? Like the loudness of a stock type R or less?

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
27won is my favorite

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Also how does your co workers car sound now? Like the loudness of a stock type R or less?
Im near certain she did a resonator delete, and then did the muffler delete because she thought it was too quiet. It doesnā€™t sound too bad actually when sheā€™s accelerating out of the parking lot slowly. Never heard her get on it though. But Iā€™d be worried about drone in the cabin if you did all that.

I could be wrong here, but from the people that have put it on, Iā€™ve heard this exhaust sounds louder with the 1.5T in comparison to the 2.0T on the CTR if you leave it stock. Again though, Iā€™d research that and confirm beforehand. As for mounting it, I think itā€™s just a couple small modifications (welds) to get it to fit, nothing crazy.
Sponsored