Looking for a CTR / SoCal

Tinuviel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Country flag
Hi everyone,

I'm in the San Diego area and looking to trade up from my 2017 Focus ST to a CTR. After a good amount of research and some looking around, I'm seeing for the few dealerships I have been to so far them wanting ~8-10k over MSRP. I have talked one into ~7k but that is as much as I have gotten.

I know from the threads I have found so far that this car is incredibly difficult to get at or near MSRP in Cali. I figured I would put my feelers out there to see what people have found, and if anyone has any suggestions on where I should be looking. I am willing to go a day or two's drive out to find one at or near MSRP. Because of the current global situation, I was hoping that they would have become a bit easier to find near these prices but it doesn't seem like the dealerships (at least around here) are budging quite yet.
Sponsored

NixChixFix

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I just picked up a 2020 Si 2 weeks ago but I inquired about 2019 CTRs as well (stupid me thinking that a year old model would be offered under MSRP).

Car Pros El Monte quoted me at about MSRP. I know it's quite a ways from you, but $7k discount may be worth it.

If you have a Costco membership, you may also want to see if that can yield a good deal.