Look at all the current (as of today 5/1/22) Purchase in Progress of the CTR's on Carvana & Elantra N prices!

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
Haven't look in a while but Wow! Reckon more peeps just don't care for the 2023 Type R. Then there's a vid about 60k (Australia and can't confirm this :)) for the 2023? $40k (in lbs) in the UK? That's 50k in US Dollars.

Seems that car prices have turned around again and are heading back up across the board (except cars with poor mileage at this time lol)...?

Honda Civic 10th gen Look at all the current (as of today 5/1/22) Purchase in Progress of the CTR's on Carvana & Elantra N prices! Screen Shot 2022-05-01 at 12.03.55 PM
Sponsored

Last edited:

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
How the F did that one blue bastard put 60k on a 2021? "Lemme buy a car then never stop driving it even to sleep"

OP
OP
Nightshifter

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
Never liked the prices on this car, still don't. I feel like at this point a V8 is on the horizon. Just me?
Camaro LT1 10A... up to 309 lbs lighter than 1SS (depending on options between the 2), has DOD 4 cylinder mode... instead of 17 in the city... bumps up to 25 ... and instead of 24 on the highway... gets over 30! Last year they're making the LT1.... although the price is up some on those as well from what I'm seeing here. Brake 60 - 0 in 99 ft and 0.96 Lg's ... probably the most optimal V8 for the bucks! :)

OP
OP
Nightshifter

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
Even the Elantra N otherwise known now as the "Type R Killer" is like +7500 over MSRP =)

Tomodoki

First Name
Elijah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatch Sport MT
Country flag
Camaro LT1 10A... up to 309 lbs lighter than 1SS (depending on options between the 2), has DOD 4 cylinder mode... instead of 17 in the city... bumps up to 25 ... and instead of 24 on the highway... gets over 30! Last year they're making the LT1.... although the price is up some on those as well from what I'm seeing here. Brake 60 - 0 in 99 ft and 0.96 Lg's ... probably the most optimal V8 for the bucks! :)
I've been looking at the mustang fastbacks lately, the ecoboost ones. They're just under $30K and make 310hp. Sure, it won't keep up with a Type R in most cases, but at that price it wouldn't matter if it's right behind or a bus length behind. Type R is definitely the quicker car, not $10K quicker, but still very impressive for a fwd. I wonder how the newer entry ecoboost MT would do versus the Type R, I think I could only find a 6 speed auto(?) on Fastestlaps. The whole Type R pricing made me appreciate other cars more, when before I'd never even give them a chance.

Tomodoki

First Name
Elijah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatch Sport MT
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Look at all the current (as of today 5/1/22) Purchase in Progress of the CTR's on Carvana & Elantra N prices! 1651487740802

This is the Type R I always knew and admired. It's pretty much the one I remember. It wasn't a higher end car, it was a middle of the bunch underdog that beat everything else at a far lower price. Now though, it's rare yeah, but that price to performance edge is fading. When all it got is rarity it becomes less of the car and more of the collectors item. Similar stuff was sort of happening to the new BRZ initially, but it seems like the prices calmed down right now which is nice. I'm just glad I snatched my hatch lightly used before the new models came out, because now my hatch costs around $5K extra than it used to. Basically, shit is going to shit and I'm having none of it because I'm cheap. XD

OP
OP
Nightshifter

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
Not a type r killer. Well not from the videos ive seen.

I can't speak for driving the twists... but quarter mile (stock) DCT ... some folks are dipping into the twelves supposedly. I've seen quite a few low 13's already (13.05 - 13.3). The DYNO #'s on this car were @ ~280 HP (DCT) WHP... unrated for insurance purposed according to a Hyundai dealership rep :p Anyway, the DCT eliminates the driver mod when shifting manually(some drivers who just can't shift worth a s&^t). As for a roll race, i seen the Type R pull ahead. But 42K for this Elantra N right now is absurd yet, some people are paying the piper! I guess if you're happy with no regrets why not although this will only prolong the high prices for everyone else :p lol

Dyno Runs

Low 13's quarter using NGS button.. and one run without.

Last edited:

9000RPM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR // '14 Cayenne
Country flag
I just looked up mine. $38.3K. You're right about prices going back up. A couple of months ago, mine was down to $32.5K.
I might let it go for $40K though. Only 15K miles, stock. Currently getting 1 issue sorted out with the dealership.

That manual Supra is calling my name, but on the other hand, I KNOW Toyota is coming out with Targa manual as a sendoff for the A91.