First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Guys its a direct bolt on.....
I didn't know that. Well that's good news for the OP. I can tell you there was absolutely ZERO excess vibration on hard acceleration on the R. Now please excuse me, I have to take a nap from all this hard work from home

Last edited:
OP
OP
redcivic19x

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
I didn't know that. Well that's good news for the OP. I can tell you there was absolutely ZERO excess vibration on hard acceleration on the R. Now please excuse me, I have to take a nap from all this hard work from home
Haha don't blame you on the nap there. I've been working from home the past week already and now my company has basically implemented a work from home policy. Luckily I work in IT so me and my team were able to start working remotely before anyone else to ensure our conference sharing software was good to go.

Thanks for the help again and enjoy the snooze!

OP
OP
redcivic19x

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Guys its a direct bolt on.....
That's what I figured because it doesn't seem like you can modify a RMM to be all that different from the stock except for materials, etc. Maybe I'll have a separate post to see if anyone has experience working with Type R RMM on the SI. Thanks for all the help

JJTHESIPLANE

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
interesting. I’m going to have to do some research in to this because I’d very much like to retain the comfort ride of my car.

Is the type r mount designed to be plug-n-play with our civic si? can you provide a link to the mount?

I have the Type R mount and it doesn't eliminate wheel hop when it's wet. It does perform a lot better when it's dry out and I'm very happy about that! It also is a direct bolt on, no modification needed, and I believe someone had said it before I made this reply lol. I'd recommend it but I do wanna upgrade to the 27won eventually as I've heard a lot of good things about that mount. As far as comfort though, I think Type R might be better? I still have a bucking effect if I don't get off in first gear smoothly but it is way less than the stock SI mount.

OP
OP
redcivic19x

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have the Type R mount and it doesn't eliminate wheel hop when it's wet. It does perform a lot better when it's dry out and I'm very happy about that! It also is a direct bolt on, no modification needed, and I believe someone had said it before I made this reply lol. I'd recommend it but I do wanna upgrade to the 27won eventually as I've heard a lot of good things about that mount. As far as comfort though, I think Type R might be better? I still have a bucking effect if I don't get off in first gear smoothly but it is way less than the stock SI mount.
Thank you for sharing! Something great to keep in mind. I'm still back and forth between whether or not I am ready to give up the comfort for the NVH. But it seems like the 27WON mount will be better for my long-term goals (i.e. once the car is paid off).

I absolutely hate the bucking back and forth from first to second when that happens to me too. Or just revving up in first gear and letting off the pedal and having it rock back and forth violently. I've heard the RMM eliminates all of that.

Since Type R mount & 27WON mount aren't too far in price difference, then I might just go w/ 27WON. I figure worst case scenario I'll switch back to stock and sell the mount.

JJTHESIPLANE

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Thank you for sharing! Something great to keep in mind. I'm still back and forth between whether or not I am ready to give up the comfort for the NVH. But it seems like the 27WON mount will be better for my long-term goals (i.e. once the car is paid off).

I absolutely hate the bucking back and forth from first to second when that happens to me too. Or just revving up in first gear and letting off the pedal and having it rock back and forth violently. I've heard the RMM eliminates all of that.

Since Type R mount & 27WON mount aren't too far in price difference, then I might just go w/ 27WON. I figure worst case scenario I'll switch back to stock and sell the mount.

Definitely the stiffer the mount the less bucking there will be. I don't think I'm a good enough manual driver yet but the mount has helped a lot of the way my car feels overall as well. Also, I didn't realize how expensive the Type R mount was but I swear it was cheaper before... NVH does rise with the Type R mount but overall I do like it a lot. I also wonder if it has attributed to some of the squeaks and rattles I have developed after 15k miles though :eek: There's one in my B pillar by my head it drives me INSANE. Glad to share some info at least! I was also on the fence about the 2 mounts for a while on whether or not I should upgrade but I do not have a need for a stiffer one yet... Type R is stiff enough for now. Good luck with your choice! :)

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Haha don't blame you on the nap there. I've been working from home the past week already and now my company has basically implemented a work from home policy. Luckily I work in IT so me and my team were able to start working remotely before anyone else to ensure our conference sharing software was good to go.

Thanks for the help again and enjoy the snooze!
w
Yep, most of our employees have been working from home since Monday (over 100 employees), two offices in Northern Cal and our office in San Antonio Texas. We have a mandatory in place quarantine in California for at least the next 3 weeks, since we are a medical device company our techs who do all the hands on are still coming in part day. Since I am Director of IT, my team and I have been preparing for this for a couple of weeks. Everyone is using MS Teams for conferencing, desktop sharing and collaboration. So far, no VPN issues knock on wood!

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Definitely the stiffer the mount the less bucking there will be. I don't think I'm a good enough manual driver yet but the mount has helped a lot of the way my car feels overall as well. Also, I didn't realize how expensive the Type R mount was but I swear it was cheaper before... NVH does rise with the Type R mount but overall I do like it a lot. I also wonder if it has attributed to some of the squeaks and rattles I have developed after 15k miles though :eek: There's one in my B pillar by my head it drives me INSANE. Glad to share some info at least! I was also on the fence about the 2 mounts for a while on whether or not I should upgrade but I do not have a need for a stiffer one yet... Type R is stiff enough for now. Good luck with your choice! :)
Haha the ol' pillar rattle! Nope, I think that comes as a bonus! My 2018 Si was completely stock and the rattle developed after about 3 months. It was most prominent on cold days, but drove me crazy. Putting my hand on the plastic sleeve would stop it, so I would stick a penny in the edges to temporarily stop the rattle!

FLOPPER

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX 6MT
Country flag
Supposedly the way to go is the Type R mount with the Perrin insert.

Total is about $150 with the benefits of an aftermarket but with much less NVH than the Hasport, 27Won, etc.

OP
OP
redcivic19x

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It probably was, but I'm sure if a lot of SI owners are snatching them up, then the ole' supply & demand price curve applies here haha. Someone mentioned below the type r mount with perrin inserts. I came across the perrin inserts during my research so that might be something to look in to as well.

Danm, I'm sorry to hear that! That would drive me nuts too. Yea I'm not looking to track the car or anything, just enjoy the occasional spirited driving. Sounds like the Type R mount will definitely suit my needs. Maybe I'll ask around and see what motor mounts people w/ the W1 are running.

Thank you, much appreciated!

OP
OP
redcivic19x

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
w
Yep, most of our employees have been working from home since Monday (over 100 employees), two offices in Northern Cal and our office in San Antonio Texas. We have a mandatory in place quarantine in California for at least the next 3 weeks, since we are a medical device company our techs who do all the hands on are still coming in part day. Since I am Director of IT, my team and I have been preparing for this for a couple of weeks. Everyone is using MS Teams for conferencing, desktop sharing and collaboration. So far, no VPN issues knock on wood!
Oh haha then you understand more than most. Luckily Florida hasn't shut down that way yet, but we are definitely headed for that in the near future. My roommate today couldn't even walk in to a T-Mobile store. They made him wait outside until his name was called; letting only one person in the store at a time.

We also use Microsoft Teams for all of our stuff too as of recently. We sometimes use WebEx, but we figured out Teams is better for all of us remote. Good news on that VPN! That can be a HUGE pain in the A$$ sometimes. Luckily we haven't had problems with ours either. Fingers crossed for the both of us!

OP
OP
redcivic19x

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Supposedly the way to go is the Type R mount with the Perrin insert.

Total is about $150 with the benefits of an aftermarket but with much less NVH than the Hasport, 27Won, etc.
Yea I read about the Perrin inserts when I was doing my research. Might have to look into this a little bit more too. From what I've read the inserts work really well, but I haven't personally come across anyone through the posts here that run them. Do you know anyone or have any personal experience with them?

jarvm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Si Sedan
Country flag
Yea I read about the Perrin inserts when I was doing my research. Might have to look into this a little bit more too. From what I've read the inserts work really well, but I haven't personally come across anyone through the posts here that run them. Do you know anyone or have any personal experience with them?
I just ordered the Type R RMM and Perrin inserts today for my '20 Si. This way, if the NVH is too much, I can just remove the inserts. After reading a ton of posts on RMMs, this seems to be the best option in getting the benefits of a more solid mount without adding much NVH (apparently its only noticeable <1k RPM). I wont be able to install this till the 31st... So if anyone who has this setup can chime in, that'd be great :)

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered the Type R RMM and Perrin inserts today for my '20 Si. This way, if the NVH is too much, I can just remove the inserts. After reading a ton of posts on RMMs, this seems to be the best option in getting the benefits of a more solid mount without adding much NVH (apparently its only noticeable <1k RPM). I wont be able to install this till the 31st... So if anyone who has this setup can chime in, that'd be great :)
Do you have the P/N for the FK8 RMM?
Sponsored