Longest you’ve waited for Aftermarket parts?

Acordova70239

First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Have been waiting on a J’s exhaust I ordered back in April. Getting super desperate already since the weather is going to trash soon in jersey and I wanted to enjoy it in the nice weather. Just wondering how long you guys have waited to make myself feel better or worse:/
Sponsored

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
I have waited about a month. That was for custom coilovers.
Tom Petty said the waiting is the hardest part :)
No doubt you'll enjoy it even more after your heart grows fonder waiting.

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
I’ve waited a little over 7 months for the Seibon fender ducts only for the driver side to fit like shit :mad:

OP
OP
Acordova70239

Acordova70239

First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
I’ve waited a little over 7 months for the Seibon fender ducts only for the driver side to fit like shit :mad:
Omg I’d be so pissed if my item isn’t perfect or 98% perfect. The wait time for this platform is complete trash

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Basically all exhaust are back ordered at the moment. 3+ months for minor suspension parts.

Habanero

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX. 2012 G25
Country flag
This is an entirely different world now with covid. Amazon prime even does not make illusions of same day shipping - everything is delayed and (as a hobbyist I know) one is lucky to get any part at all now. Just be happy it’s not something important like medicine that you actually need because some have that problem now.

Rone811

First Name
Rone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Have been waiting on a J’s exhaust I ordered back in April. Getting super desperate already since the weather is going to trash soon in jersey and I wanted to enjoy it in the nice weather. Just wondering how long you guys have waited to make myself feel better or worse:/
There’s been new exhaust releases since April. You sure you don’t want a Remark, HKS, etc. or something? 1 mo is too long.

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Should of bought my J's Racing for $1380usd in stock LOL.. but in all seriousness, I have waited several months for parts and or cars from Japan, doesn't bother me anymore.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
waited 1 year 7 months for my s2000 voltex diffuser. Couldn't even get a refund cause they said its a "special order". I know what bs they pulled so that it took so long to get my part. it was a load of crap.
when i received it, i didnt even have the car anymore.

also waited about 7 months to receive my CTE supercharger for my 9th gen SI only to come with a defective manifold and had to wait 2 months and blast them on social media to get my replacement.

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sheeeesh the longest I've waited was maybe 3 weeks.. then again I've never ordered anything custom and I managed to order majority of my parts right before shipping delays hit bc of covid.

But yeah shipping times are hella rough right now, my friend waited like 3-4 months for his HKS exhaust and I know most places are backordered right now

Hopefully supply chains start getting better instead of worse soon

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 PMM Civic Type R '07 MR Fit Sport (RIP)
Country flag
It's been 2 months since I ordered a schroth harness from CarID. They sent me the wrong color twice. I have ordered it from another place and they told me up front that the color I want will be 6 weeks.

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Still patiently waiting...
Ordered custom 3-color Carbon Fiber hood scoop on Etsy from Aero Spec Racing Jan 31, 216 days ago (7 months, 31 weeks) and it along with the matching front & reat CF badges ordered Feb 17th hasn’t shipped yet. One deep company w/family health issues slowing down production. Supposedly badges done, held to ship w/scoop still in work.

They’ve stopped taking orders until caught up. I begged for items prior to Autocross and Race Chip filiming events in Sep and they said will try, one of few comms since paying $393 (scoop) and $175 (badges) at time orders placed. Supposedly ASR work worth waiting for.

Sep 3rd Update: Owner says scoop nearly done, ships next weekend, might get here (AZ to FL) for Sep 12 event if NOT sent USPS.

Honda Civic 10th gen Longest you’ve waited for Aftermarket parts? 67A6D746-D495-495E-B949-1269FF0FCBC9

Last edited:

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
Longest was a month for the Remus exhaust. It would have been a longer wait with my wheels, but luckily, I found a vendor that has them in stock. I hate waiting for parts. I always want it right NOW!! lol

OP
OP
Acordova70239

Acordova70239

First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
There’s been new exhaust releases since April. You sure you don’t want a Remark, HKS, etc. or something? 1 mo is too long.
No I love the dolphin burnt tip J’s offers:/ it’s very unique

OP
OP
Acordova70239

Acordova70239

First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
waited 1 year 7 months for my s2000 voltex diffuser. Couldn't even get a refund cause they said its a "special order". I know what bs they pulled so that it took so long to get my part. it was a load of crap.
when i received it, i didnt even have the car anymore.

also waited about 7 months to receive my CTE supercharger for my 9th gen SI only to come with a defective manifold and had to wait 2 months and blast them on social media to get my replacement.
What the hell... I would have thought they stole my money at that point
Sponsored