Longest you’ve waited for Aftermarket parts?

OP
OP
Acordova70239

Acordova70239

First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Longest was a month for the Remus exhaust. It would have been a longer wait with my wheels, but luckily, I found a vendor that has them in stock. I hate waiting for parts. I always want it right NOW!! lol
Same man, I feel like we already wait long enough saving up the money on the side to be able to buy parts. Then we gotta wait crazy months for them. I’d understand a couple weeks but months..
Sponsored

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
What the hell... I would have thought they stole my money at that point
oh i know ... but they are so reputable i knew i didnt get scammed. I do have a feeling of what they did and the reason why it took so long to get. I have no confirmation though and its just all speculation on my end.

ordered 7/18/2017
Honda Civic 10th gen Longest you’ve waited for Aftermarket parts? cuiTMlU

received 03/04/2019
Honda Civic 10th gen Longest you’ve waited for Aftermarket parts? i15hTz1

epryor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 RR CTR, ‘16 Audi Q5
Country flag
When I originally ordered the J’s exhaust (day before lockdown), I was told none were in stock and had to wait for J’s Japan to make more. I went another route, but still took 4 weeks to cancel the order and issue refund....they still hadn’t started production.

Granted, these are different times now and with a new platform to a lot of companies, things just aren’t kept in stock.

To the original question, I waited 6 months for headlights and another 6 months for Varis hood ??‍♂

OP
OP
Acordova70239

Acordova70239

First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
When I originally ordered the J’s exhaust (day before lockdown), I was told none were in stock and had to wait for J’s Japan to make more. I went another route, but still took 4 weeks to cancel the order and issue refund....they still hadn’t started production.

Granted, these are different times now and with a new platform to a lot of companies, things just aren’t kept in stock.

To the original question, I waited 6 months for headlights and another 6 months for Varis hood ??‍♂
Damn I wouldn’t be surprised if I had to wait a total of 6-8 months at this point

DiamondR

Banned
First Name
Sawdomy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type r
Country flag
Have been waiting on a J’s exhaust I ordered back in April. Getting super desperate already since the weather is going to trash soon in jersey and I wanted to enjoy it in the nice weather. Just wondering how long you guys have waited to make myself feel better or worse:/
Wow my man! It will be a beautiful piece no doubt!
I've waited 4 months for my PRL Turbo inlet and downpipe lol

DiamondR

Banned
First Name
Sawdomy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type r
Country flag
waited 1 year 7 months for my s2000 voltex diffuser. Couldn't even get a refund cause they said its a "special order". I know what bs they pulled so that it took so long to get my part. it was a load of crap.
when i received it, i didnt even have the car anymore.

also waited about 7 months to receive my CTE supercharger for my 9th gen SI only to come with a defective manifold and had to wait 2 months and blast them on social media to get my replacement.
Oof they did you dirty on that voltex!

OP
OP
Acordova70239

Acordova70239

First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Wow my man! It will be a beautiful piece no doubt!
I've waited 4 months for my PRL Turbo inlet and downpipe lol
[/QUOTE
thats what I’m saying, dude could have flown to japan offered
that’s what I’m saying I would flip once it’s at a year mark. It’s not like their building a whole special order car

Random

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R - Blue
Country flag
about 7-8 months for Volks TE37 Saga in Dash white. After 7-8 months, seems like mackin messed up my order so it was an even longer wait. Basically cancelled my TE37 order and put in an order for Regamasters for the 18x10 +50 spec instead of waiting for TE37s. Another 5 months and I'm jsut waiting to hear an update now. It should be in soon hopefully.... lol

At this point though, I'm like maybe I should save a few grand instead of getting these wheels haha. But, either way is fine.

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
6 weeks for a full race turbo kit. Not much to these turbo kits and even a cast manifold. Kinda surprised they were so slow. Happy with it, even tho they sent me a 3" filter for a 3.5" pipe.

gclancer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R Championship White
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Trying to order ADVAN GT in Machining & Metal black FK8 Spec. 10 to 16 weeks wait o_O

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Granted it’s no “aftermarket”, but I’ve been waiting on a 2020 shift boot since February... So 6-7 months on that so far (and still on back order... I’ll be surprised if it comes in the next couple months).

I’m also waiting on a SWEIDIT steering wheel I ordered back late June/early July. Though I kind of knew going in he was little busy.

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Could I be the current patience winner?

Still waiting on ASR for two custom accessories paid in adavace,
- CF w/red hood Scoop since 31 Jan, $393
- F&R matching CF H badges, 17Feb, $175.

Badges done, keep hearing scoop done in about 2 weeks. He takes his time, creates works of art but th wait!

I had pneumonia (not COVID) recently and even asked to hurry Up so I can install before I possibly croak... crickets.
Sponsored