Long trip WOT no power!

palidino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 CRV, 2014 335i, 2017 Civic
Country flag
Drove 300km no stop on the car. Then stopped by the highway gas stations to fill up and use the washroom. Then upon merging back on to the highway, I went WOT, it accelerated for 2 seconds then no power even when floored!! I almost got hit while merging so I just pulled to the shoulder. Restarted car everything was fine again.... no lights came on. 1000km in the civic
2017 touring
Sponsored

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Weird.. :dunno: ask the dealer to scan it perhaps..

defeated

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch LX, 2007 Chevy Silverado
Country flag
Scary! Coming from Nissan, this almost sounds like the CVT issues some of them would have - when overheated, the tranny would go into limp mode until they sat for a bit and cooled off. But if yours came back right away after a restart, hopefully that's not it.

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Definitely an issue, I've taken mine from Niagara Falls to Thunder Bay and back, roughly a 1500km trip one way and never had anything like that happen.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
did the car have any power with partial throttle? if not it might of misfired (bad gas?) and threw it into limp mode

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Scary! Coming from Nissan, this almost sounds like the CVT issues some of them would have - when overheated, the tranny would go into limp mode until they sat for a bit and cooled off. But if yours came back right away after a restart, hopefully that's not it.
that's exactly what it sounds like, CVT does have a safe mode confirmed that will keep it from overheating.

OP
OP

palidino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Dealer said there were no codes stored in the cars computer. And then just let me be on my way lol
But it never happened so far..... hmmm anyone else planing to keep there car for over 5 years should buy extended warranty?

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Drove 300km no stop on the car. Then stopped by the highway gas stations to fill up and use the washroom. Then upon merging back on to the highway, I went WOT, it accelerated for 2 seconds then no power even when floored!! I almost got hit while merging so I just pulled to the shoulder. Restarted car everything was fine again.... no lights came on. 1000km in the civic
2017 touring
Why would anyone be WOT with 600 miles on the car? Seriously. It is not a good thing to do; it is brand new the gears and all the components are breaking in and meshing together. Why do this? It even states in the manual to NOT do this. Even common sense tells one not to do this with your hard earned $$. I like to keep my investment going for as long as I can.

OP
OP

palidino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Why would anyone be WOT with 600 miles on the car? Seriously. It is not a good thing to do; it is brand new the gears and all the components are breaking in and meshing together. Why do this? It even states in the manual to NOT do this. Even common sense tells one not to do this with your hard earned $$. I like to keep my investment going for as long as I can.
Because I already passed the break in period?

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Because I already passed the break in period?
true as per manual. But it sounds as though maybe it wasn't the first time this car seen WOT. But me and my car didn't see WOT until 1500 miles. But if you waited to 601 miles then ok I guess but not what I would do with my $30,000 investment. But this is a daily driver for me so I could care less about racing around. So i guess that why I waited.
In your case I guess there is definitely an issue obviously.
Just letting you know that there was an issue with ppl going WOT and afterwards issues arose immediately after. They came out finding a hose that blew off inside the engine bay somewhere I think it was near drivers side maybe a hose for the inter cooler or something I forget. But your issue just reminded me of the thread.
http://www.civicx.com/threads/blown-turbo-on-civic-touring.3700/

Last edited: