Long-time member turned Vendor - the Story of Unity Performance!

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Hi All!

Humza aka CanadiaegeanBlue here! So happy to finally join as a Site Vendor, I launched Unity Performance in September 2019, but kept quiet about it on the forum due to advertising guidelines, and just not being ready to approach this massive audience at the time. Well, just over a year later as things have been growing super fast I am now ready!!

I'm no stranger to CivicX.com, having been a highly active member here since July 2017 when I picked up my 2017 Si sedan! I initially vowed to not modify my car, but 4 months in after all that I was seeing on the forum + attending SEMA 2017 in November I bit the bullet on a few parts. Well, that's all it took for me to catch the bug, and the rest of the build followed:

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/canadiaegean-blues-si-sedan-build-thread.27099/

My background is in automotive marketing, which made it very easy for me to source parts always and typically direct from the manufacturer as I have existing work-relationships. Long story short, one of the parts I acquired through these relationships was testing a prototype Side Marker Light set in November 2018, and that opened up the opportunity for me to host small community group buys via my personal Instagram, AegeanBlueSi. Over the next 9 months I had coordinated the purchase of over 500 Side Marker Light sets, and felt there was an opportunity for me to explore opening up my own e-commerce site as that would help streamline my process, and being able to add new products! Enter Unity Performance | www.unity-performance.com

Unity Performance was always going to the be the name I had pictured using for many years, because my purpose in all that I do is to unite people - my belief is that 50% of my passion is for the automobile, and the other 50% is for the people that make up the worldwide car community. The belief of serving people and having honest values has helped propel Unity Performance in one short year to where we're at now:

1) Growing range of products, each tested personally by me or close local contacts to verify fitment and quality prior to offering them online. I don't offer products just for the heck of it, each has to serve a purpose, whether it be performance-related and/or enhancing your enjoyment and experience with the car
2) 3000 orders from Civic enthusiasts in 40+ countries. Extremely grateful as many are repeat customers who enjoyed their initial experience, and love supporting a person and brand they've seen come up in front of their eyes
3) This is a big one! I have just opened up shop in a 1,200sqft location that will serve as storage, storefront, and my studio to be able to create content such as unboxings, install photos and videos, sharing impressions of parts installed, and more!
4) A great friend I met locally through this passion, and fellow CivicX'er, @Thusee will be joining me as we will both combine our 15+ years of vehicle modification experience, and extensive testing of all the various parts and brands on the 10th Gen Civic platform to offer the best of what's available tailored for your build

Please feel free to ask any questions, we're here to support this community! What's on offer on the site is growing, and if there's a part(s) that you'd like to inquire about just shoot me a PM, and I will let you know my thoughts about using that and if I can help you source it! Here are some pictures - me first so you get to know who I am, and then of our new space which as you can see is coming together steadily :)

Honda Civic 10th gen Long-time member turned Vendor - the Story of Unity Performance! IMG-20190923-WA0019

Honda Civic 10th gen Long-time member turned Vendor - the Story of Unity Performance! DSC_0602 (1).JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Long-time member turned Vendor - the Story of Unity Performance! DSC_0603 (1).JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Long-time member turned Vendor - the Story of Unity Performance! DSC_0833.JPG

Thusee

First Name
Thusee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Super excited to see where this takes Unity! I only met Humza through purchasing a side marker set locally and he installed it on my car in freezing cold weather. I believe about 1.5 years ago.

Ever since then we connected like no other and speak almost daily about different products and ideas for the 10th gens.

Many of you may know both of us swap cars whenever we can and get a feel for the difference and how one thing is better than the other or how we can promote something to help others out.

I am super excited to be a part of this and growing this together!

OP
OP
Unity Performance

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Super excited to see where this takes Unity! I only met Humza through purchasing a side marker set locally and he installed it on my car in freezing cold weather. I believe about 1.5 years ago.

Ever since then we connected like no other and speak almost daily about different products and ideas for the 10th gens.

Many of you may know both of us swap cars whenever we can and get a feel for the difference and how one thing is better than the other or how we can promote something to help others out.

I am super excited to be a part of this and growing this together!
Couldn't have had a better person working alongside to grow Unity! ?

The community has a lot to look forward to from us!!

Had no idea you're behind unity, I followed your instagram after seeing all the posts with ultra racing braces since I'd only seen them on ebay before
Yessir, it just spawned from growing trust and demand of my character, and I'm super grateful :)

I've been a long-time Ultra Racing customer, well before the 10th Gen! Ultra Racing bars were on my Si pretty early into the build, and then when I founded Unity I knew I wanted to rep them! They've been super supportive, and will be major partners as I do aim to cater to new platforms as well

905Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Sensing, 2020 Kia Telluride SX
Country flag
Awesome! Being in the GTA, I have to selfishly say that it's awesome you got a space to open up shop! East end or west end?

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
I really like your story and especially your understanding of customer service and integrity!
If you are even slightly interested in expanding to have a presence/partner in the Southwest US. I'd love to talk with you.
PM sent.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Really happy to see a Canadian vendor here. Will be checking you guys out when my next mod is up.

OP
OP
Unity Performance

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Awesome! Being in the GTA, I have to selfishly say that it's awesome you got a space to open up shop! East end or west end?
The timing was right, this space will certainly help us grow!

West End, just off 401 and Dixie. Still setting up shop this month but can arrange local pick ups if you'd like to come and grab an item(s) :)

Keep up the good work.

This GIF has appeared several times in various comment threads! Now I know the video behind it ?

OP
OP
Unity Performance

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I really like your story and especially your understanding of customer service and integrity!
If you are even slightly interested in expanding to have a presence/partner in the Southwest US. I'd love to talk with you.
PM sent.
Happy to have shared, and glad we are seeing things alike! Thanks Chris ?

Really happy to see a Canadian vendor here. Will be checking you guys out when my next mod is up.
We're in the neighborhood, Dixie and Britannia area :)

OP
OP
Unity Performance

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Resurrecting this thread for a hot minute because I have an announcement to share!

You guys here on this forum are my Day 1 supporters, and I'm happy to share that mid-last month I went full-time with Unity! It's been a long time coming, working corporate 9AM-5PM, building Unity from 6PM-2AM was quite the task but support from you all helped me persevere through all of the highs and lows. I've resigned from corporate life, and Unity is my sole focus now!!

I took some time off for family last month and earlier this month, but now hitting the ground running! Look forward to a lot more from Unity and me personally, I know I've been quiet on here recently but that was both for some R&R and being totally swamped with emails & orders when I got back!

I need to catch up to everyone's builds, hope you all have been well! One of my highlights of the season so far was kicking it with @86salmon last month at Tail of the Dragon, that was epic!

Humza

OP
OP
Unity Performance

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hi All!

Humza aka CanadiaegeanBlue here! So happy to finally join as a Site Vendor, I launched Unity Performance in September 2019, but kept quiet about it on the forum due to advertising guidelines, and just not being ready to approach this massive audience at the time. Well, just over a year later as things have been growing super fast I am now ready!!

I'm no stranger to CivicX.com, having been a highly active member here since July 2017 when I picked up my 2017 Si sedan! I initially vowed to not modify my car, but 4 months in after all that I was seeing on the forum + attending SEMA 2017 in November I bit the bullet on a few parts. Well, that's all it took for me to catch the bug, and the rest of the build followed:

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/canadiaegean-blues-si-sedan-build-thread.27099/

My background is in automotive marketing, which made it very easy for me to source parts always and typically direct from the manufacturer as I have existing work-relationships. Long story short, one of the parts I acquired through these relationships was testing a prototype Side Marker Light set in November 2018, and that opened up the opportunity for me to host small community group buys via my personal Instagram, AegeanBlueSi. Over the next 9 months I had coordinated the purchase of over 500 Side Marker Light sets, and felt there was an opportunity for me to explore opening up my own e-commerce site as that would help streamline my process, and being able to add new products! Enter Unity Performance | www.unity-performance.com

Unity Performance was always going to the be the name I had pictured using for many years, because my purpose in all that I do is to unite people - my belief is that 50% of my passion is for the automobile, and the other 50% is for the people that make up the worldwide car community. The belief of serving people and having honest values has helped propel Unity Performance in one short year to where we're at now:

1) Growing range of products, each tested personally by me or close local contacts to verify fitment and quality prior to offering them online. I don't offer products just for the heck of it, each has to serve a purpose, whether it be performance-related and/or enhancing your enjoyment and experience with the car
2) 3000 orders from Civic enthusiasts in 40+ countries. Extremely grateful as many are repeat customers who enjoyed their initial experience, and love supporting a person and brand they've seen come up in front of their eyes
3) This is a big one! I have just opened up shop in a 1,200sqft location that will serve as storage, storefront, and my studio to be able to create content such as unboxings, install photos and videos, sharing impressions of parts installed, and more!
4) A great friend I met locally through this passion, and fellow CivicX'er, @Thusee will be joining me as we will both combine our 15+ years of vehicle modification experience, and extensive testing of all the various parts and brands on the 10th Gen Civic platform to offer the best of what's available tailored for your build

Please feel free to ask any questions, we're here to support this community! What's on offer on the site is growing, and if there's a part(s) that you'd like to inquire about just shoot me a PM, and I will let you know my thoughts about using that and if I can help you source it! Here are some pictures - me first so you get to know who I am, and then of our new space which as you can see is coming together steadily :)

IMG-20190923-WA0019.jpg

DSC_0602 (1).JPG

DSC_0603 (1).JPG

DSC_0833.JPG
Just browsing the X as I do, and I can't believe this is how "empty" it looked just 3.5 years ago! Oh man, we have shelving everywhere now, all filled up up with inventory that is turning around quickly, and I'm on the hunt for a space twice the size hopefully!

Thank You guys, I often refer to CivicX as the birthplace of Unity, since the forum inspired so many ideas and you guys accepted and supported me/Unity as one of your own :)

Hope everyone has a great weekend ahead, a great car season ahead if you're just heading into Spring, and hope I get to meet many of you next month at Tail of the Dragon!

Best,

Humza

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
Your customer service and pricing for us canadian is second to none for the Honda community. Keep it up, I know you're going flat out trying to make your orders. I'd rather wait a tiny bit longer and get it from you than from other places.