Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
This is bs
i am sure the driver is trying to make up a lawsuit
stepped on the brake but did not work.. yeah thats a lie.
Sponsored

Centripetal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RSX Type S, 2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
the tesla model 3 performance supposedly beats the type r on many other tracks , google it
Google Tesla overheating on track.

This is bs
i am sure the driver is trying to make up a lawsuit
It is not. In the EU, automobile manufactures are required to manufacture cars that are safe by law. The ISO-26262 standard is the one they usually follow these days. Consequently, you're allowed to self certify, which of course Elon just says, "yes we are". Fortunately, German regulators are good at smelling BS. They are requiring Tesla to prove their cars are safe. How do I know this? Their recruiter called me and I dug into it. It doesn't take much to realize they have blazing dumpster fire. If they had done the work, why were they hiring hundreds of engineers with ISO-26262 experience?

Not to mention they couldn't even get brake lights right.

Here's a video of a Tesla driving across a lawn when summoned:

Here's one where it drives right into another car:

Keep in mind the same technology is use for their safety features. If it can make such poor decisions driving itself, what's to keep it from doing it while its driving?

Centripetal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RSX Type S, 2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
I did but for some reason, the Civic Type R shows up in the results too. LOL
LOL. At least it was able to complete the Nurburgring.

The Tesla S wasn't able to complete the Nurburgring.
When pushed to the limits, the Tesla Model S often ratchets down its power output in an effort to keep components from reaching critical temperatures.

Therefore, it's no surprise that the Model S couldn't complete a full lap of the 14-mile Nurburgring under full power when driven at the limit by Robb Holland.
Battery pack overheated. They didn't want it to catch fire so they gave up. Then Porche actually completed it with their EV and they sent out a highly modified S that was able to complete it 7:13, which beats the Type R (7:38). However, it wasn't really a manufacturing car. Model 3 is slower at 8:03, which is slower than the FK8. I haven't been following it closely but they might have made adjustment so its faster.

I've consulted on products with Lithium batteries many times. They scare me. If they are not properly managed, they will burst into flames. I've seen millions of dollars of damage from them and there was no indication that something was going to happen.

I'm not against electric cars to be clear. I would gladly drive the Porche EV. I know they'll do the work that's required for it to be safe. Combustion is still my preference. When electrical heating costs as much as gas heating, then it'll be worth it. Consquently, electrical heating is almost 100% efficient but we don't use it because it costs so much.

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am looking for something around 360-390 hp and my fk8 is my daily driver. I am just looking for a bit of fun . Like I’ll race my fk8 on the street here and there but not all that much.
I have my 2019 ctr FBO on day 1, it has been over 1 year now, I have no mechanical issue..
It is custom tuned for methanol injector.
so far so good, but like others said, I dont have enough mileage to give you a better insight whether fbo is perfectly safe or not.

fk8mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
I have my 2019 ctr FBO on day 1, it has been over 1 year now, I have no mechanical issue..
It is custom tuned for methanol injector.
so far so good, but like others said, I dont have enough mileage to give you a better insight whether fbo is perfectly safe or not.
power output??

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
power output??
the car is over 400whp 380 wtq... we didnt aim for max power, want to keep it a fun track car.
I also ask my tuner to be safe and dont go crazy. I want to be able to sleep at night.

I am spraying very little meth, only start from 15psi.. some of my friend start spraying at 6psi and they spray alot more..

Last edited:

fk8mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
the car is over 400whp 380 wtq... we didnt aim for max power, want to keep it a fun track car.
I also ask my tuner to be safe and dont go crazy. I want to be able to sleep at night.

I am spraying very little meth, only start from 15psi.. some of my friend start spraying at 6psi and they spray alot more..
i did start to that pressure to(meth),before that its a bit useless if we are fbo and low outside temps(country)/good fuel to

-JP-

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 CTR, '06 RSX-S, '10 MDX, '01 Sequoia
Country flag
Hello , everyone i got a 2020 type r about 4 months ago and i am thinking of getting a hondata , intake , downpipe and exhaust. And my question is for does owners Who have a FBO type r for a while have you guys had any mechanical problems in the long run ?
3 years, 45k miles, 22 trackdays, and FBO. Street use and you will have no issues. This car can take a heavy beating.

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Z06 (sold) 2020 CW
Country flag
3 years, 45k miles, 22 trackdays, and FBO. Street use and you will have no issues. This car can take a heavy beating.
FBO and track days. What are you using for cooling?

-JP-

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 CTR, '06 RSX-S, '10 MDX, '01 Sequoia
Country flag
FBO and track days. What are you using for cooling?
PRL IC, Seibon vented hood, running heater, and a tune that seems to run cooler. I do monitor the 2 ECT temps and, if I hit 235F, run a cool down lap until I see 195F. Just added J's grill 2 trackdays ago and seeing improvements especially @ mid to high 90's ambient. Next Spring I'll add the C&R track radiator. I wont need it during the next few winter events.

fk8mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
like ive said it all about tuning/drivestyle and fuel ?

Purple Drink

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2007 Subaru STI, 1965 El Camino
Country flag
Pushing near 500 right now on a stock block and have been for the last 4,000 miles or so.

I ditto the new rims and tires mentioned.
I also ditto the rattles (just get a even louder exhaust till the point nothing can be heard)
Motor mounts are a must on this car, factory is just shit.

if you run E as with any car I recommend more frequent oil changes. Don’t wait till 3,000 miles.

gearbox oil and a new clutch is highly recommended by me.

fk8mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
Pushing near 500 right now on a stock block and have been for the last 4,000 miles or so.

I ditto the new rims and tires mentioned.
I also ditto the rattles (just get a even louder exhaust till the point nothing can be heard)
Motor mounts are a must on this car, factory is just shit.

if you run E as with any car I recommend more frequent oil changes. Don’t wait till 3,000 miles.

gearbox oil and a new clutch is highly recommended by me.
500 and no issue yet?? nice
Sponsored