Banned
First Name
JOHN BOY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2020
Country flag
He shouldn't be expecting anything of the sort. You should not be getting CELs from any mods other than by going catless without disabling the secondary O2 CELs.
why even get a intake and exhaust seems like a waste of money
Sponsored

BuLL

First Name
KD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 CW FK8
Country flag
why even get a intake and exhaust seems like a waste of money
Exhaust is a must unless you like complete silence... just heard an AWE Track today and wanted to drive home immediately and order one.... there is zero exhaust note on the stock R and itā€™s depressing.

the stock air box is very good.... but all preference.

IMO, down pipe, exhaust, & Hondata/tune completely wake this car up and you can pick up a big chunk of HP.

HondaRedbullF1

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Quick question, is it smart to go down pipe with OEM exhaust? Basically you are allowing for more flow just to restrict it towards the exhaust end right?

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Quick question, is it smart to go down pipe with OEM exhaust? Basically you are allowing for more flow just to restrict it towards the exhaust end right?
The catalytic converter is the real restriction. Exhaust, frontpipe, etc don't really allow for more horsepower until you're pushing over 400whp anyways. The stock exhaust isn't a big restriction. I run the stock exhaust myself despite having full boltons otherwise.

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
just get hondata and do a e30 tune , you are wasting your money on FBO
you just assume everyone has access to ethanol?

The catalytic converter is the real restriction. Exhaust, frontpipe, etc don't really allow for more horsepower until you're pushing over 400whp anyways. The stock exhaust isn't a big restriction. I run the stock exhaust myself despite having full boltons otherwise.
i made 363 through stock exhaust/cat/ovepipe.. what would i have made with catless and 3" exhaust? never did it, but always wondered how much power i left on the table.

HondaRedbullF1

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Okay cool. I had read that DP was the way to go for more gains, but was hesitant due to this reasoning. Was thinking, if I went DP then Iā€™d have to upgrade exhaust as well. Glad to know that I should be okay with just upgrading DP, thanks.

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
i made 363 through stock exhaust/cat/ovepipe.. what would i have made with catless and 3" exhaust? never did it, but always wondered how much power i left on the table.
Probably another 15-20lbft/whp from the downpipe alone. Not having a catalytic converter (or having a race cat, which all of the options so far are fantastically strong) gives you the benefit of being able to run slightly leaner and have more headroom on the fuel pump.

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Probably another 15-20lbft/whp from the downpipe alone. Not having a catalytic converter (or having a race cat, which all of the options so far are fantastically strong) gives you the benefit of being able to run slightly leaner and have more headroom on the fuel pump.
dang! more than i was thinking. i was motec/portinjection/e85 at the time. just didnt want to take any more through the downpipe i guess. thanks for info

GotCTR?

Banned
Banned
First Name
JOHN BOY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2020
Country flag
so with just hondata you are practically maxing out your fuel pump , especially on E30 tune , no flex fuel kit.

Exhaust is just for sound $1200-1600

Intake may lower temps but other than that is useless $400.00

Downpipe/up is around $400-700

Hondata about $800.00 gets you to 360HP+ E30 Tune

$2300.00 for FBO , Then you have the aggravation of taking off all the parts to resell because no dealer will give you what you want for a FBO CTR... so there goes your tax benefit for your trade, you will have to find someone on auto trader and they will probably think you beat the shit out of your car.... No thanks

I would be better off just putting my money into some rims and tires for winter

around 1800.00

resell the rims and or tires for 800.00-$1000 ez sale , sell the car and upgrade to a 2023 CTR probably will have 400HP stock to compete with the new STI coming in a year and or buy something else other than FWD.

In all honestly I am getting tired of FWD , maybe it is cause i live in the mid west where winters sucks and high altitude and turbo lag is just not my thing at a stop light . I like a good quick instant jump at the light, not something with no traction. If the next CTR does not have electric motors and AWD i am done with honda. They better impress . Also i dont see myself buying a 45k civic either for AWD unless it can do 425-450+HP, we are in BMW, Tesla car price range now.. Also I am getting tired of the huge ass spoiler but little kids think its cool so I guess thats cool huh

personally i just like driving the car at high speeds and the fact I am driving a heritage honda vehicle , champ white the only color made for the CTR formula one race

Last edited:

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
so with just hondata you are practically maxing out your fuel pump , especially on E30 tune , no flex fuel kit.

Exhaust is just for sound $1200-1600

Intake may lower temps but other than that is useless $400.00

Downpipe/up is around $400-700

Hondata about $800.00 gets you to 360HP+ E30 Tune

$2300.00 for FBO , Then you have the aggravation of taking off all the parts to resell because no dealer will give you what you want for a FBO CTR... so there goes your tax benefit for your trade, you will have to find someone on auto trader and they will probably think you beat the shit out of your car.... No thanks

I would be better off just putting my money into some rims and tires for winter

around 1800.00

resell the rims and or tires for 800.00-$1000 ez sale , sell the car and upgrade to a 2023 CTR probably will have 400HP stock to compete with the new STI coming in a year and or buy something else other than FWD.

In all honestly I am getting tired of FWD , maybe it is cause i live in the mid west where winters sucks and high altitude and turbo lag is just not my thing at a stop light . I like a good quick instant jump at the light, not something with no traction. If the next CTR does not have electric motors and AWD i am done with honda. They better impress . Also i dont see myself buying a 45k civic either for AWD unless it can do 425-450+HP, we are in BMW, Tesla car price range now.. Also I am getting tired of the huge ass spoiler but little kids think its cool so I guess thats cool huh

personally i just like driving the car at high speeds and the fact I am driving a heritage honda vehicle , champ white the only color made for the CTR formula one race
Mustang with gen3 coyote. Supercharger fuel system makes 900+ on stock motor. My next move

Centripetal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RSX Type S, 2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
If you ever see me in a Tesla, hell has frozen over. Iā€™m not convinced they are safe. Either are the regulators in the EU...

There are a lot of reports like this:
2017 TESLA MODEL S STARTED TO ACCELERATE ON ITS OWN OVER 100 MPH, WHEN TRAVELING ON HIGHWAY AROUND 70 MPH, WITHOUT AUTOPILOT ENGAGED. AS SOON AS IT STARTED TO ACCELERATE, THE CAR TOOK CONTROL OVER THE STEERING WHEEL AND DROVE INTO THE GUARDRAIL ON THE LEFT OF THE LANE, THEN QUICKLY STEERED TO THE RIGHT LANES AND STEERED TO THE LEFT AGAIN. SLAMMED ON THE BRAKE BUT DID NOT WORK AT ALL, AND STEERING WHEEL DID NOT RESPOND. THE CAR COMPLETELY TOOK CONTROL OVER TRAVELING OVER 100 MPH GOING ZIG-ZAG ON THREE LANE HIGHWAY, FINALLY CAME TO A STOP AFTER HITTING NUMBER OF TREES IN THE WOODS ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE HIGHWAY. THE CAR IS COMPLETELY TOTALED

GotCTR?

Banned
Banned
First Name
JOHN BOY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2020
Country flag
Iā€™ll take my 2019 CTR over an electric / automatic / AWD car any day.

If you want just straight line speed just get a Tesla M3P and be done.
the tesla model 3 performance supposedly beats the type r on many other tracks , google it

GotCTR?

Banned
Banned
First Name
JOHN BOY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2020
Country flag
If you ever see me in a Tesla, hell has frozen over. Iā€™m not convinced they are safe. Either are the regulators in the EU...

There are a lot of reports like this:
This is bs
i am sure the driver is trying to make up a lawsuit
Sponsored