tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
So I have a 19 CTR and I'm not getting any readings at all lol. I saw someone else on this thread with a 19 that was able to at least see water temps, how??

IMG_0501.PNG
Now this is interesting. I wonder what’s going on. It’s possible that their ECU is jailbroken? Though it would make me think that could come with its own challenges.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
Not too impressed with this app. Would be much more beneficial if you could change the 6 parameters on the engine data screen. I don't believe these cars have an oil temp sensor, making that parameter a useless calculation. Once the oil thins out or starts breaking down it will not follow the algorithm used to estimate the temp. Atmos press is definitely not a top 6 most important parameter. The oil pressure reading has too much averaging, and thus slow reacting.

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Well looking at this dead thread I'd say that LOGR is pretty much useless based on the forum postings..
Sigh would be nice to have this on 2019.
I don't hack my ECU/ECM with {insert favorite here], I was hoping i could get some visibility into my car even LOGR would be better than nothing.

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
I like using LogR for the readout on oil and coolant temperature. The oil temperature is interpolated from the pressure and coolant temp data, but it’s more than accurate enough for my purposes.

Jt_theory

CTR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ABM Civic Type R
Country flag
I did see on the (Apple) App Store that someone left a review that they we’re able to operate the LogR on a CTR prior to 2020. Which gives me reason to believe it’s doable. Albeit the use was short lived(because they updated it for some ungodly reason), it leads me to think there are sensors on cars prior to 2020 that are definitely in use for monitoring. Unsure though about oil temp/pressure. But I too am hoping they’ll give it to us prior 2020 owners.

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I did see on the (Apple) App Store that someone left a review that they we’re able to operate the LogR on a CTR prior to 2020. Which gives me reason to believe it’s doable. Albeit the use was short lived(because they updated it for some ungodly reason), it leads me to think there are sensors on cars prior to 2020 that are definitely in use for monitoring. Unsure though about oil temp/pressure. But I too am hoping they’ll give it to us prior 2020 owners.
I can't help but think they're pulling the data off of the CAN bus. Whether or not these parts are stuffed in the 2019 or maybe a software key is missing from the 2019 I can't say. I do know both 2020 and 2019 have a CAN bus lol.

Anyone know more?
Sponsored