LogR Performance Data Recorder App launched for 2020 Civic Type R

izzyC-EX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' BBP Type-R/20'MX-5, Recaro, Brembo, Bose/19' GLC63 Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just found out the Android 7 I have is not compatible with the app. lol obsolete!
Sponsored

shipdawg

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2004 WRX STi, & 2019 Honda HRV EX
Country flag
Downloaded it on my iPhone and the apps semi-working. Itā€™s not picking up what it doesnā€™t have sensors for. Right now Iā€™m getting it to pickup coolant temps, intake temps, and Atmos pressure. Itā€™s not picking up oil temp or pressure, what gear the car is in or what mode. So Iā€™m wondering if I can add the oil temp and pressure sensors to my 2019 and get those working.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Downloaded it on my iPhone and the apps semi-working. Itā€™s not picking up what it doesnā€™t have sensors for. Right now Iā€™m getting it to pickup coolant temps, intake temps, and Atmos pressure. Itā€™s not picking up oil temp or pressure, what gear the car is in or what mode. So Iā€™m wondering if I can add the oil temp and pressure sensors to my 2019 and get those working.
The app is working for your 2019?! Thatā€™s not supposed to happen. ?

shipdawg

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2004 WRX STi, & 2019 Honda HRV EX
Country flag

The app is working for your 2019?! Thatā€™s not supposed to happen. ?
Haha! Heres a video of it so everyone can see what itā€™s doing in mine ?

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag

Haha! Heres a video of it so everyone can see what itā€™s doing in mine ?
Yeah, I saw this on FB. iOS is bugging out on me so I canā€™t get the app to appear on CarPlay. I really hope restoring the phone will fix the issue, fingers crossed.

KamranFK8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 TypeR
Country flag
Anyone else having problems with registering location? The app is showing all the data on the display, but can't save a location on the phone. The area where the Google map is supposed to appear stays blank.

The auto score also does not show the Google maps bit.

2020 FK8, Android 10 on Pixel3 with Google OE cable, all permissions allowed (location and data storage)

Funny thing, the location in the demo video (Honda Canada HQ) is just 15 minutes from me, maybe I should go there and ask the guy who did the demo..

Appreciate any help, track day coming up soon and hope to have this figured out pronto. Thx

Last edited:

izzyC-EX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' BBP Type-R/20'MX-5, Recaro, Brembo, Bose/19' GLC63 Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks like LogR is now available at the US App Store.

JohnEBlaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 CW Type R
Country flag
Mine doesnā€™t appear on the CarPlay screen either. Iā€™m assuming because I have a 2018.

Last edited:

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Mine doesnā€™t appear on the CarPlay screen either. Iā€™m assuming because I have a 2018.
iOS seems to have a bug that affects some phones where some CarPlay apps don't seem to be appearing in the list of CarPlay apps. If you go to Settings > General > CarPlay > Honda > Customize, it should show a list of CarPlay apps and Honda LogR being one of them.

Edit: I've also read that the app doesn't display anything for the 17-18 models though but haven't tested it myself since that bug exists. 19 models get a half working system, 20+ models obviously get it all.

JohnEBlaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 CW Type R
Country flag
iOS seems to have a bug that affects some phones where some CarPlay apps don't seem to be appearing in the list of CarPlay apps. If you go to Settings > General > CarPlay > Honda > Customize, it should show a list of CarPlay apps and Honda LogR being one of them.

Edit: I've also read that the app doesn't display anything for the 17-18 models though but haven't tested it myself since that bug exists. 19 models get a half working system, 20+ models obviously get it all.
No LogR app in my CarPlay settings.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
No LogR app in my CarPlay settings.
Thatā€™s the bug. It should be in there. If itā€˜s not in there it wonā€™t appear in CarPlay. When I installed TomTomā€™s app after LogR it didnā€™t appear in my CarPlay settings either, but eventually showed up.

qylie

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CIVIC 1,5 Sport Plus
Country flag
Is it compatibility for civic sport plus?

Dxz3

Drew
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R - Sonic Gray Pearl
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I have a 19 CTR and I'm not getting any readings at all lol. I saw someone else on this thread with a 19 that was able to at least see water temps, how??

Honda Civic 10th gen LogR Performance Data Recorder App launched for 2020 Civic Type R IMG_0501.PNG