carl4

First Name
carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
Wasn't even aware there was a USB OBD2 dongle you could just plug into a phone with Torque. Nifty! Link?
Yes, it should work with a phone (I haven't tried). You'll need an adapter to convert USB-A to the USB type your phone uses. With the head unit it 'just works'.

This is the one I bought. Note that if buying again I'd look for one with a lower profile or one where the cable doesn't go straight out the end. I do tend to occasionally knock it out of place despite my cable management. This might be an upgrade (switch with low profile plug).
Sponsored

Vaporeon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Civic Type R
Country flag
Just downloaded off Google Play in Canada! Says something about Service app needing to be installed?

parkthetiger

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
I'm trying to get this to work via an Android phone with USB but I keep getting the "Could not receive vehicle data" message on the infotainment screen. Any one have any tips on how to get it running?

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'm trying to get this to work via an Android phone with USB but I keep getting the "Could not receive vehicle data" message on the infotainment screen. Any one have any tips on how to get it running?
have to download honda carservice app first

Coqui

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Boost Blue
Country flag
Some owners are having same issue I'm having...android auto bar is blocking readings. Tried factory reset..re installing android auto and logr w 2 different phones..no luck. Definitely a headunit software issue or something
Honda Civic 10th gen LogR Performance Data Recorder App launched for 2020 Civic Type R IMG_20200918_223906_760

DADM0D

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R #36335, 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Country flag
have to download honda carservice app first
Are you talking about the HondaLink app? I have that, and mine still says it can't receive vehicle data...

MCTypeR_20

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Are you talking about the HondaLink app? I have that, and mine still says it can't receive vehicle data...
Search Honda CarService in the Playstore. It is separate from HondaLink.

Coqui

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Boost Blue
Country flag
So if you're having issue with the android auto bat blocking readings..drop font size in your phone under display settings. Mine was on 4th setting..dropped to 3rd and it corrected LogR
Honda Civic 10th gen LogR Performance Data Recorder App launched for 2020 Civic Type R 20200919_092911

izzyC-EX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' BBP Type-R/20'MX-5, Recaro, Brembo, Bose/19' GLC63 Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
what is a good air intake temp with everyday driving around 85º outside temp? and what is an acceptable one during track day, say 110º outside temp?

Does atmospheric pressure change with elevation?

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
what is a good air intake temp with everyday driving around 85º outside temp? and what is an acceptable one during track day, say 110º outside temp?

Does atmospheric pressure change with elevation?
Answer your second question, atmospheric pressure changes with elevation. As you get higher, air density lessens.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
So if you're having issue with the android auto bat blocking readings..drop font size in your phone under display settings. Mine was on 4th setting..dropped to 3rd and it corrected LogR
20200919_092911.jpg
Seemed like it was most likely an issue with the OS rather than the head unit. Everyone is so quick to point at the head unit when it comes to display issues or weird bugs with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. In those scenarios the head unit essentially becomes a second display/audio source for the phone in which the phone has complete control over what should be displayed on the display and how the audio should be routed.