First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh no not another ITR vs Lude. I guess I'll never win this argument on a Civic forum. ;). But that was a 98 JDM ITR. It has higher compression and a few HP more than the US Spec. Even with that it should still be slower than the Lude if wasn't for the ITR driver cheated by applying ebrake and slipping the clutch prior to launch. The Lude driver probably just did a straight clutch dump on launch.

7:10 onward.

Yeah I too think the new Boost Blue looks awesome and with all the new additions to the MY2020, I will def buy one if timing is right.
Using the ebrake and preloading isn’t cheating, it’s the proper way to do it. That is also a jdm lude too. More power and blah blah. It’s really down to driver. This argument can go on forever haha nothing against either car, I like Honda products haha
Sponsored

FriscoBrah

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
Oh no not another ITR vs Lude. I guess I'll never win this argument on a Civic forum. ;). But that was a 98 JDM ITR. It has higher compression and a few HP more than the US Spec. Even with that it should still be slower than the Lude if wasn't for the ITR driver cheated by applying ebrake and slipping the clutch prior to launch. The Lude driver probably just did a straight clutch dump on launch.

7:10 onward.

Yeah I too think the new Boost Blue looks awesome and with all the new additions to the MY2020, I will def buy one if timing is right.
While I love the Prelude and it’s H22A there’s not much to argue about in regard of which vehicle is the better performer. The DC2 has a better chassis, is lighter, better power to weight ratio, gearing, and tire compound. Furthermore literally every publication that measures performance puts the Prelude at a 15.0 - 15.4 1320 whereas the DC2 pulls 14.5 - 14.7.

At this point the entire body of your argument looks like a troll post because of its absurdity.

Don’t get me wrong the Prelude is a good car based on its own merits but objectively it’s not in the same league as the DC2.

Rest assured tho - You can still slowly stroke yourself to sleep looking a that Prelude poster on the wall next to your Brian Boitano and Greg Louganis pinups.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
While I love the Prelude and it’s H22A there’s not much to argue about in regard of which vehicle is the better performer. The DC2 has a better chassis, is lighter, better power to weight ratio, gearing, and tire compound. Furthermore literally every publication that measures performance puts the Prelude at a 15.0 - 15.4 1320 whereas the DC2 pulls 14.5 - 14.7.

At this point the entire body of your argument looks like a troll post because of its absurdity.

Don’t get me wrong the Prelude is a good car based on its own merits but objectively it’s not in the same league as the DC2.

Rest assured tho - You can still slowly stroke yourself to sleep looking a that Prelude poster on the wall next to your Brian Boitano and Greg Louganis pinups.
Wow why are Honda Fan boys always resort to personal attacks? You never see that on any VW Forum.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/acura/integra/1998/acura-integra-3/ summary: 0-60, 7 Seconds. 1/4 mile: 15.4.

Over and out.

Last edited:

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
Was behind a Corolla XSE today and grabbed a pic off the Internet. I wonder how close Boost Blue is to the Toyota color? This color looks different in the shade. In the sunlight in this pic it looks lighter I guess.

Honda Civic 10th gen Live Pics: 2020 Civic Type R in Boost Blue From CAS upload_2020-2-14_13-8-49

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
Here the pic I took. It was in the shade and looks a lot darker than the other pic I took.

Honda Civic 10th gen Live Pics: 2020 Civic Type R in Boost Blue From CAS A1C67D4B-EFFB-496B-A7BD-F6C32E2D1E06

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Was behind a Corolla XSE today and grabbed a pic off the Internet. I wonder how close Boost Blue is to the Toyota color? This color looks different in the shade. In the sunlight in this pic it looks lighter I guess.

upload_2020-2-14_13-8-49.jpeg
the Boost blue looks a little more saturated in color.

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
the Boost blue looks a little more saturated in color.
Yeah in that pic it looks lighter but in person it was a deeper blue but I think you are right, the Boost Blue is more saturated.

It’s sorta like comparing Ford Grabber Blue to Mopar Super Blue aka Petty Blue.

I first noticed this color on RAV4s but then I saw this little Corolla and it was a neat little car. The GR Yaris is pretty cool. Wouldn’t mind one of those parked next to the CTR. Maybe my daughter can get one. She’ll be my excuse, Hahahha!

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Would you complain if your Type R had every thing I said as standard for the price? Would you honestly complain that you got too much for your money?? would any one?
Traditionally, type r is meant to be light weight, high rpm track car..
Fk8 is already quite heavy compare to previous gen... i would love to see a track edition that is under 3000lbs..
Base or Type-SH?

Haha. You missed it by one year. 98 Prelude has 195 HP. 2000 Prelude has 200 HP. That's why your prelude is not as fast. But come on. Prelude tire = 205/50-16. ITR tire = 195/55-15. What performance car comes with 195/55 tires? That's like Accord tires. Not to mention the history of the Prelude as Honda's tech showcase as in "First Honda Fuel Injected" and "First Honda Four Wheel Steering".

And you tell me which one is faster in this video

EDIT:
2000 Prelude: https://driving.ca/honda/prelude/reviews/road-test/road-test-2000-honda-prelude-type-sh-2 Paragraph 5. Summary: 0-60 = 6.8 Sec, 1/4 mile = 15.4@91MPH. Faster than GSR (ITR is basically a glorified GSR), Mercury Cougar V6, Mitsubishi Eclipse GT, Subaru Impreza 2.5RS, Toyota Celica GT-S, VW Golf GTI GLX.

Plus ITR torque=130 lb-ft vs 156 lb-ft of the 2000 Prelude. I mean, I'm pretty sure I can generate more than 130 lb-ft on my Trek Mountain Bike. Seriously. :lol:

I mean if you rev the hell out of the ITR, then it might keep up with the Lude but who wants to drive like that on the street?
I owed 1999 prelude type SH and traded for 2000 ITR, IMHO, ITR is way better than Prelude... in every single aspect. No match.

I love that ITR so much... and waited almost 20 years and finally got the type r to come to North amercia again.

For type R, I do believe less is more.. i dont like those driving nanny add on, i rather the car has less features but stick with what type R pedigree is.. light weight, high rpm, special vtec whine!!!

I am old school.. if i want more stuffs in my car.. i will probably get an accord highest trim.. or like other fellows said.. get a golf R

Last edited:

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Traditionally, type r is meant to be light weight, high rpm track car..
Fk8 is already quite heavy compare to previous gen... i would love to see a track edition that is under 3000lbs..
The FK2 had a curb weight of 3050 lbs while the FK8 tips the scales in around 3100, not much difference to be honest. Unless you're talking about a different previous gen. The FD/FN were about 2900 lbs, while the EP and EK were 2650 and 2400 lbs, respectively.

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The FK2 had a curb weight of 3050 lbs while the FK8 tips the scales in around 3100, not much difference to be honest. Unless you're talking about a different previous gen. The FD/FN were about 2900 lbs, while the EP and EK were 2650 and 2400 lbs, respectively.
yea,
those under 3000 lbs are the one I am talking about.

Archangel

Archangel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R CW #00006
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For type R, I do believe less is more.. i dont like those driving nanny add on, i rather the car has less features but stick with what type R pedigree is.. light weight, high rpm, special vtec whine!!!

I am old school.. if i want more stuffs in my car.. i will probably get an accord highest trim.. or like other fellows said.. get a golf R
For us who the R is their daily driver we want as much as the price can give us.. Seriously we don't even have heated rear view mirrors or lane watch that is standard on the cheapest honda cars.. for a 36k car! tell me does adding heated mirrors or one tiny camera really destroy the driving expirence? is that asking too much? Come on if you are paying 36k wouldn't you want more for your 36k? or do you like paying more for less?

heated seats would of been nice this morning ....

Honda Civic 10th gen Live Pics: 2020 Civic Type R in Boost Blue From CAS 20200214_071559

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just wish there were two versions of the Type R - one that's barebones and less weight for the hardcore drivers/track drivers, and one that's equipped with more features (lanewatch, heated seats, mirrors, etc) for those who want a performance oriented daily driver.

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For us who the R is their daily driver we want as much as the price can give us.. Seriously we don't even have heated rear view mirrors or lane watch that is standard on the cheapest honda cars.. for a 36k car! tell me does adding heated mirrors or one tiny camera really destroy the driving expirence? is that asking too much? Come on if you are paying 36k wouldn't you want more for your 36k? or do you like paying more for less?

heated seats would of been nice this morning ....

20200214_071559.jpg
well.. it doesnt matter the car is daily or garage king, type R exist with a special purpose. At least the type R that I like from the past were all for people who appreciate the car handling, performance more than the gadget.
I honestly dont know why Land watch matter?
My type R has heated mirrors, side turn signal on mirror and lane watch.. and I dont find any valuable.
I check my own blind spot and never relying on lane watch. sign turn signal means nothing for me, I dont see it.
Heated mirror is useful in winter especially in place that snow often. other than that.. rev matching i turn it off.
i am glad that there is no electric seat and sunroof...
Sponsored