whytfwontthiswork

First Name
s
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Country flag
Theres rumours of a ilx type s which is supposed to be exactly what some of you want. A luxury sedan with type r powertrain

Archangel

Archangel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R CW #00006
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
well.. it doesnt matter the car is daily or garage king, type R exist with a special purpose. At least the type R that I like from the past were all for people who appreciate the car handling, performance more than the gadget.
I honestly dont know why Land watch matter?
My type R has heated mirrors, side turn signal on mirror and lane watch.. and I dont find any valuable.
I check my own blind spot and never relying on lane watch. sign turn signal means nothing for me, I dont see it.
Heated mirror is useful in winter especially in place that snow often. other than that.. rev matching i turn it off.
i am glad that there is no electric seat and sunroof...
Your lucky that in your market you have those features. I find heated rear view mirrors ESPECIALLY valuable especially this time of the year.
And I'm sorry to say FK8 is not like the R's of the past, times change, If I wanted a bare bones sports car I would of bought a used Lotus Elise. I don't want my car to be a gadget. I had a 1992 3000gt VR4 I know what that's like.(it was actually nice btw)
I want to get what I paid for.
Why delete standard equipment when it doesn't affect the cars performance in any way shape or form? your honestly not saving money by cutting those corners. Besides why offer the Type R in the Touring trim if your not getting touring features? Great we get sat nav and led headlights.
that's it (in the US) why not offer it in LX trim if you want to keep tradition alive? because it's not 1997 any more, people expect more they want more, especially for 36k us. Other markets Type R's offer more features like Europe and Asia (Japan may differ ) and they have had access to all the Type R's in the past instead of the US with the Integra Type R in the very late 90's European drivers don't complain about their cars being over featured. They expect to get what they pay for, and that's my point.
You may not all agree and that's fine, I'm not trying to convince you other wise I value my money, others may have extra to play with and may not care. You should get what you pay for. I don't think that is unreasonable.

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Your lucky that in your market you have those features. I find heated rear view mirrors ESPECIALLY valuable especially this time of the year.
And I'm sorry to say FK8 is not like the R's of the past, times change, If I wanted a bare bones sports car I would of bought a used Lotus Elise. I don't want my car to be a gadget. I had a 1992 3000gt VR4 I know what that's like.(it was actually nice btw)
Why delete standard equipment when it doesn't affect the cars performance in any way shape or form? your honestly not saving money by cutting those corners. Besides why offer the Type R in the Touring trim if your not getting touring features? Great we get sat nav and led headlights.
that's it (in the US) why not offer it in LX trim if you want to keep tradition alive? because it's not 1997 any more, people expect more they want more, especially for 36k us. Other markets Type R's offer more features like Europe and Asia (Japan may differ ) and they have had access to all the Type R's in the past instead of the US with the Integra Type R in the very late 90's European drivers don't complain about their cars being over featured. They expect to get what they pay for, and that's my point.
You may not all agree and that's fine, I'm not trying to convince you other wise I value my money, others may have extra to play with and may not care. You should get what you pay for. I don't think that is unreasonable.
I think what i can agree is...ppl expect more and want to get more...
However, the type r is for people that want to expect more in purely performance and get more purely in performance...
Type r should not be built leaning toward more in daily convenience and a taste of luxury. Again... accord is built for that.
Type r simple should not be that direction, it doesnt matter 1997 or 2020.
I got my licence in 1995 and i know and i have driven those car back in 90s...
I think honda should simply stay true to why they create type r... it is never a premium trim nor is it a luxury trim.

I paid mrsp for the type r.. and i want is every penny in performance wise. I dont give a shit if it has lane watch, fake engine noise project to cabin, nor do i care about heat seat heated mirror..
Even if this type r has no radio, no speaker, i will still buy it because it's performance is just so good.
Do i expect more? Yes I do. But i expect honda to give me more in performance.. which they did.
You are not wrong, just diff perspective.
Just my 2 cents..

Last edited:

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
Get what you pay for?

CTR buyers are ‘paying for’ significant factory performance upgrades. And compared to other cars in its class, it’s a good value.

Maybe you bought the wrong car.

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
dont understand the obsession over lane watch
I daily drive on 3 and 4 lane highways, and in FL the concept of faster traffic in the left lane doesn't exist. When I'm going to merge across two or more lanes in a swift fashion, the lane watch helped a lot. It's a nice to have, not need to have

Archangel

Archangel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R CW #00006
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Get what you pay for?

CTR buyers are ‘paying for’ significant factory performance upgrades. And compared to other cars in its class, it’s a good value.

Maybe you bought the wrong car.
NO right car wrong market.