Little specks

Ikabob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Accord Touring
Country flag
where do all the little specks(white primarily) come from? I know the interior isn't completely maintenance free but it seems that these little specks of dust appear from day to day. Windows are kept closed. It's a new car but maybe the cabin filter needs changed??? Anyone else get constant and persistent specks? Any suggestions? Thank you.
Sponsored

KA0S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring WOP, Chevy Tahoe LTZ
I've noticed them as well...Perhaps they're coming from the ventilation? I have them in my Touring as well, and it's only two weeks old. It's too cold here to open the windows, and there's snow/slush all over the place, so it's not the season for dust...Annoying to say the least.

I like the California Duster. I've used them for years and they seem to do a great job.

ICanLiftACivicUp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Aegean Blue Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It could be some dust or something leftover from either the factory or the car's protective covers on the trucks. I haven't noticed them at all in my car.

camhabib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Porsche 911, 2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Dead skin, garments shedding small particles, air that comes in when you open the door, carpets shedding - there's a million possibilities. It's black so it's easy to see, don't think this car picks up any more or less than any other black car I've owned.

KA0S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring WOP, Chevy Tahoe LTZ
Dead skin, garments shedding small particles, air that comes in when you open the door, carpets shedding - there's a million possibilities. It's black so it's easy to see, don't think this car picks up any more or less than any other black car I've owned.
I don't notice them flying around....but I do see more than usual. The interior of my Tahoe is also black with black leather, and I don't remember the white "spots". It would get dusty of course, but I'm thinking perhaps it has to do with something already in the vehicle. As I mentioned, it's Winter here and the levels of anything flying around the outside air, are low to nil.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
It must come from clothing you wear or something. My touch screen is always covered with dust. I don't dare swipe at it, afraid I will damage the screen. Sooner or later I'll take my swiffer duster out to the car and leave it there for the daily clean up, its annoying.

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
If we are talking the same thing, they've made getting a perfectly clean window utterly impossible.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've just come to accept the fact that anything glossy inside the car will always have these particles on it. Seriously, 30 mins after I wipe off the screen, its dusty again.

bander68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L Rallye Red
I gave up quickly and put a micro fiber cloth in my center console so I can wipe it down anytime. That seems to happen almost daily with the screen.

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
I've never tried it but I read that using a used Bounce sheet (dryer sheet fabric softener) to wipe down stuff prevents the static attraction. Not sure where the dust goes though.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I've never tried it but I read that using a used Bounce sheet (dryer sheet fabric softener) to wipe down stuff prevents the static attraction. Not sure where the dust goes though.
I would not want to do that, it may leave a greasy residue. I took my swiffer duster out tonight and wiped down the car, screen and dash to see how long it stays clean. Even though I have not had windows and such open, I've tracked in a lot of crap on my feet, I'm sure the fan that blows the warm air for my feet picks it up and whips it around the car. Seems most of it lands on the darn radio screen though :banghead:

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I started using my Swiffer duster that I use in the house, in the car. It keeps the car pretty much dust free looking for at least a week, 2nd week it started showing the dust specks again. Much better than just blowing it into the air, which means it will settle right back on the surfaces again. And the swiffer did not scratch my touch screen. :)
Sponsored