Little outward pimple dents

chuck12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring (BNP)
Country flag
Hi folks,
I was doing a quick detail of the car and I noticed some rust protection goop at the bottom of the door, so I go in for a closer look and I see 2 little outward pimple dents. The panel is flat just with these 2 little pimples.

I was thinking it occurred when they put in the rust inhibitor.

I went to the dealer and everyone there was baffled. No one has ever seen anything like it occurring with the rust inhibitor application so they were doubting it.

I am baffled as the car has basically not left my sight when it is at work and when I go home I am parked in a secure underground parkade, next to a guy who also has a new car we talk all the time.

The dealer is going to see if their paintless dent guy can do anything. I am baffled as to what would have occurred here. Are there rivets or spot welds at this location? It's crazy to me. Outward dents?

Honda Civic 10th gen Little outward pimple dents pimples
Honda Civic 10th gen Little outward pimple dents Behindpimples
Honda Civic 10th gen Little outward pimple dents inside

corbygray528

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-Z
Country flag
I'm gonna say that has to be either from the rust proofing or it was an issue from the factory directly. Outward dents wouldn't possibly be dings from normal wear.

OP
OP

chuck12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm gonna say that has to be either from the rust proofing or it was an issue from the factory directly. Outward dents wouldn't possibly be dings from normal wear.
Yeah, I just don't know what I could have possibly have done to cause them as the paint is perfect on the back side and underside of the door. I could see something maybe falling in there from the upper door and slowly wending between the metal, or the rust proofing wand.

aaronarf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Tacoma, 16' Civic Touring
Country flag
Rust proofing wand, looks about the size of a spray nozzle.

OP
OP

chuck12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Rust proofing wand, looks about the size of a spray nozzle.
Well they fixed it up nice! The PDR tech to my sales guy that he was thinking it was the rust inhibitor wand also. Its all good now though!
Sponsored