NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Hey everyone, this is really random but when I'm driving right near the rpm gauge I randomly see like a little orange blinking light. Of course I've been driving around trying to stare at it to see it happen but that never works out. Does anyone have any idea of what this is? My thought was that it had something to do with the tsp stage 1 tune. Like possibly an orange light for traction control or something? Does anyone have any idea it's really bugging the shit out of me.
Sponsored

OP
OP
NicKoLi

NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I just looked at the dash lights diagram, Its right near the rpms so I think I've got it down to Road departure mitigation, the adaptive cruise control or collision mitigation Braking system. Though I'm just driving pretty regular and it blinks for like a second, so fast I can almost not even see it.

Attachments

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
Take a video clip if you can.

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I just looked at the dash lights diagram, Its right near the rpms so I think I've got it down to Road departure mitigation, the adaptive cruise control or collision mitigation Braking system. Though I'm just driving pretty regular and it blinks for like a second, so fast I can almost not even see it.
2017 Si Civics don't have any of those features

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was going to point out that a pre-2020 Civic Si does not have " Road departure mitigation, the adaptive cruise control or collision mitigation Braking system" ... but @Drake beat me to it.

That said ... I don't know what the light might be.

OP
OP
NicKoLi

NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
hmmm.. shit now I really dont know. Could it have to do with the tune kinda being glitchy? I dont know what to do here maybe have a friend drive and record .. which is hard because I dont really have many friends lol.

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Do you know if it's VSA? When it blinks are you cornering hard or accelerating hard?

OP
OP
NicKoLi

NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I am not sure to be honest. I drive spirited, but not crazy.. shifting at like 4 or 5k. I do feel like it might be when accelerating at some point, because im definitely looking at the road at that point and thats when it happens. I know the light is located right near the rpm gauge towards the top left I think

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
I am not sure to be honest. I drive spirited, but not crazy.. shifting at like 4 or 5k. I do feel like it might be when accelerating at some point, because im definitely looking at the road at that point and thats when it happens. I know the light is located right near the rpm gauge towards the top left I think
From what you're saying I think that's what it is and I would get familiar with the VSA indicator light.. when it's safe to do so of course :)

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
Sounds like a shift light but I agree VSA is likely.

OP
OP
NicKoLi

NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Is there a way to make it not turn on ? It freaks me out

markie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2020
Country flag
Is there a way to make it not turn on ? It freaks me out
I’m guessing the ROAD DEPARTURE blinks when you’re driving on the highway? Mine turns on sometimes when the radar detects and moves my steeeing wheel back to the middle of the lane. Try turning it off and see if it still happens.

Hajidub

Honda driver, vintage stereo enthusiast
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic YES
Country flag
I’m guessing the ROAD DEPARTURE blinks when you’re driving on the highway? Mine turns on sometimes when the radar detects and moves my steeeing wheel back to the middle of the lane. Try turning it off and see if it still happens.
Not on a 17’ it doesn’t.

OP
OP
NicKoLi

NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I will check the handbook and hopefully find more. I am really surprised nobody has notice this. It's definitely while giving it gas. It cant be the VSA because that's not where its located. When I turn off traction control its in a completely different spot. Sometimes I think its an amber light sometimes I think its just the mph .. I will try and find a way to take a video.
Sponsored