amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
I am having a hard time trying to find some sort of list of all the supported bolt-ons that hondata supports. Or the list of combinations that they have set, For example "93/PRL HVI/Catback" would be one, or just to list all the intakes, exhausts, intercoolers, downpipes that hondata supports. I apologize in advanced if there is already a thread here, but some much on hondata stuff that its hard to refine the search, so if there is an updated thread, please kindly post the link and ill take my post down.

"You Stay Classy San Diego" - Ron Burgundy
Sponsored

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
On this platform most bolt-ons don't necessitate changes in the first place, so it really comes down to fuel type (91/93 octane or flex fuel) and whether or not you have a downpipe or intercooler, and there's basemaps for all of that. Until you get into big turbos there's pretty much a basemap for any setup you would run, and even then there's some basemaps for a couple turbos too.

Also be aware that a tune isn't needed to safely run any parts, it's just necessary to make power with some of them and also to avoid check engine lights with catless downpipes.

https://fk8.wiki/Tuning#Most_beneficial

OP
OP

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
On this platform most bolt-ons don't necessitate changes in the first place, so it really comes down to fuel type (91/93 octane or flex fuel) and whether or not you have a downpipe or intercooler, and there's basemaps for all of that. Until you get into big turbos there's pretty much a basemap for any setup you would run, and even then there's some basemaps for a couple turbos too.

Also be aware that a tune isn't needed to safely run any parts, it's just necessary to make power with some of them and also to avoid check engine lights with catless downpipes.

https://fk8.wiki/Tuning#Most_beneficial
Thanks for quick reply.
My setup will first be 93/PRL HVI/catback,
then will add PRL IC w/ charge pipes,
and lastly will add PRL catted dp and get a custom tune right after I install it.
I was just curious to all the available options out there. I know forsure hondata would support these common BOs. It just would be nice if they advertised a list, without having to plug in an actual hondata flashpro to see the options in the program on the computer.

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Thanks for quick reply.
My setup will first be 93/PRL HVI/catback,
then will add PRL IC w/ charge pipes,
and lastly will add PRL catted dp and get a custom tune right after I install it.
I was just curious to all the available options out there. I know forsure hondata would support these common BOs. It just would be nice if they advertised a list, without having to plug in an actual hondata flashpro to see the options in the program on the computer.
Honda Civic 10th gen List of supported Bolt-ons for Hondata 1614100457402

I'd recommend doing your mod list backwards if you're looking for power. Downpipe and intercooler are most important. Custom tune won't need to change by putting on an HVI/catback/IC, so you could just get your downpipe and get tuned right then and there.

OP
OP

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
1614100457402.png

I'd recommend doing your mod list backwards if you're looking for power. Downpipe and intercooler are most important. Custom tune won't need to change by putting on an HVI/catback/IC, so you could just get your downpipe and get tuned right then and there.
Thank you for that screenshot, thats what I was looking for.
And I am looking for power, but I wanted to do something more gradual. I understand completely what you mean, but I am one of those people that get tired of the power at hand, so I wanted to gradually step it up over the next couple years and also to get the most out of the custom tune when I have all the parts on. I get that intake/IC don't NEED a tune on their own, but there must be some advantage to getting a custom tune with everything on all together, right??
I already have a catback/fp for this last year, and this year I want to get HVI and Hondata, and next year to do DP and IC. That way ever year I make a little more power, that way I can extend my happiness/power ratio.

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
There’s some benefit with tuning the AFM sensor after installing intake parts and you can reduce some safety limits after installing an IC, but it’s minor and something I personally don’t charge to revise. I agree with the idea of being more gradual with your upgrades, though.

The Type R ECUs are special and more or less self-adjust to most of the parts you put on it as far as airflow goes. They target specific amounts of torque though, so ultimately you see no gain by just installing a part and before a big turbo there’s literally nothing to change for many parts like the exhaust, front pipe, most intakes, inlet pipes, etc.

OP
OP

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
There’s some benefit with tuning the AFM sensor after installing intake parts and you can reduce some safety limits after installing an IC, but it’s minor and something I personally don’t charge to revise. I agree with the idea of being more gradual with your upgrades, though.

The Type R ECUs are special and more or less self-adjust to most of the parts you put on it as far as airflow goes. They target specific amounts of torque though, so ultimately you see no gain by just installing a part and before a big turbo there’s literally nothing to change for many parts like the exhaust, front pipe, most intakes, inlet pipes, etc.
thank you for all the advice, I appreciate it man. Aren't you the guy that tunes in Orlando??? Do you do remote tunes?

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
OP