First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 6MT
Country flag
*I'm not trying to start a flame war about oil brands...*

I come from the BMW world and one thing I was sold on pretty early was on was how good Liqui Moly was for those engines during hard track driving to just normal daily driving. I also ran their Ceratec additive every odd oil chance (5K mile intervals) as well to good affect. I see a lot of you guys that are tuned (I will be soon with the TSP Stage 1 and eventually 27WON W1 turbo put on only on 93 octane gas) are running the other top brands like Amsoil and the like but I haven't seen any mention of LiquiMoly yet.

Pic of my previous car running LiquiMoly doing a track event at VIR which I used to live around an hour away from.

Honda Civic 10th gen LiquiMoly for the Si? C314E8F5-9653-4E5E-9A86-D663D3FC6D8B
Sponsored

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
*I'm not trying to start a flame war about oil brands...*

I come from the BMW world and one thing I was sold on pretty early was on was how good Liqui Moly was for those engines during hard track driving to just normal daily driving. I also ran their Ceratec additive every odd oil chance (5K mile intervals) as well to good affect. I see a lot of you guys that are tuned (I will be soon with the TSP Stage 1 and eventually 27WON W1 turbo put on only on 93 octane gas) are running the other top brands like Amsoil and the like but I haven't seen any mention of LiquiMoly yet.

Pic of my previous car running LiquiMoly doing a track event at VIR which I used to live around an hour away from.

C314E8F5-9653-4E5E-9A86-D663D3FC6D8B.jpeg
A stock 10th gen Civic Si or even a mildly tuned Civic with TSP Stage 1 for normal and even spirited driving does fine on Synthetic 0W20, any quality brand. I did 17k (15k of it tuned with TSP Stage 1) of hard driving and lots of trips between Northern California and Southern California in all kinds of conditions averaging 80 MPH and oil analysis from two oil changes after 7k showed normal wear and oil being good for another 2 or 3k. So I would say liquidMoly is probably a waste of money in this application.

If tracking the car a lot, I would probably switch to 0W20 racing oil when tracking, but than switch back as racing oil doesn't have the detergent additives

OP
OP
cammyfive

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 6MT
Country flag
A stock 10th gen Civic Si or even a mildly tuned Civic with TSP Stage 1 for normal and even spirited driving does fine on Synthetic 0W20, any quality brand. I did 17k (15k of it tuned with TSP Stage 1) of hard driving and lots of trips between Northern California and Southern California in all kinds of conditions averaging 80 MPH and oil analysis from two oil changes after 7k showed normal wear and oil being good for another 2 or 3k. So I would say liquidMoly is probably a waste of money in this application.

If tracking the car a lot, I would probably switch to 0W20 racing oil when tracking, but than switch back as racing oil doesn't have the detergent additives
I don't disagree. Although cost of Liqui Moly really isn't a factor when you can buy a 5pt jug for less than $35 -https://www.ecstuning.com/b-liqui_moly-parts/liqui-moly-molygen-new-generation-5w-30-5-liter/20228~liq/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwsYb0BRCOARIsAHbLPhGz9kSexu2Labe-anzB2vLPioc0E7gWjvr4Mb2-sM3qR0c0Fxst5d4aAgUwEALw_wcB . At the end of the day the minute differences between any name brand oils is relatively small, but I think a lot of us guys that view driving/modding their cars as a hobby just enjoy splitting the hairs to get that last 1% of performance.......or at least thinking that we are.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I don't disagree. Although cost of Liqui Moly really isn't a factor when you can buy a 5pt jug for less than $35 -https://www.ecstuning.com/b-liqui_moly-parts/liqui-moly-molygen-new-generation-5w-30-5-liter/20228~liq/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwsYb0BRCOARIsAHbLPhGz9kSexu2Labe-anzB2vLPioc0E7gWjvr4Mb2-sM3qR0c0Fxst5d4aAgUwEALw_wcB . At the end of the day the minute differences between any name brand oils is relatively small, but I think a lot of us guys that view driving/modding their cars as a hobby just enjoy splitting the hairs to get that last 1% of performance.......or at least thinking that we are.
Well if that's the case, than it certainly won't hurt, but some oil manufacturers like Amsoil warn against adding additional additives. I definitely get trying to squeeze every last ounce of performance that you can

BTW, nice Bimmer!
Sponsored