Temesvar

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Coupe Si
Country flag
Am tempted to try this polish that been on the market for a very long time. Yet is very hard to find.
Anyone that has used this, happy or rather use somethin else, and if so, what is that?
Sponsored

Pbergmann

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic sedan EX-L
Country flag
Turtle wax, super hard shell. It's more expensive but you can find it at Walmart for about $4.47.
Easy on easy off.

OP
OP
Temesvar

Temesvar

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Coupe Si
Country flag
Turtle wax, super hard shell. It's more expensive but you can find it at Walmart for about $4.47.
Easy on easy off.
I have used it before. Now, have U used liquid glass??

Pbergmann

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic sedan EX-L
Country flag
Years ago. Not impressed, seemed hard to remove. And a fuzzy appearance.

brienp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes. I have extensive experience with Liquid Glass. You won't find it on the market anymore because tt was bought out by a company called MPT Industries. ( mptindustries.com ) The "MPT Classic" polish is the old Liquid Glass with a slight chemical change to make it legal to sell in California. The "Argos" polish is Liquid Glass on steroids. And the Icon Carbon PTFE is their uber premium polish. I've used all three on my cars. I prefer the Argos polish. If you'd like to know more about any of them I'll fill ya in and answer any questions, but, at least now you have a starting point. I think there's also a posting somewhere on my page regarding applying MPT's "Liquid Glass" to my civic coupe.

OP
OP
Temesvar

Temesvar

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Coupe Si
Country flag
Now this is a great response! Thanks. Only question would be, what do you use before applying the polish?

brienp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Now this is a great response! Thanks. Only question would be, what do you use before applying the polish?

Oh geeze, thats a loaded question. Basically you have to strip your paint of any wax or other substances that could be on it otherwise they'll be locked under the liquid glass which would cause the end result to be hazy. Long story short, you wash your car like usual. Then clay bar your car. Then wash it again. Dry it. You'll be able to visually see spots that are more reflective than others, which are spots that you missed when claying which still have some kind of polish or wax on it. Clay those areas.

Before washing again, wet the car and walk around the car running your hand over every part, your hands will easily feel any road debris you missed from claying, you'd be amazed how tiny of a particle your finger tips can detect. Clay that stuff off. When you're positive there's not wax/polish left on the car and no road debris left...wash...again! lol.

Dry the car thoroughly and then apply the Liquid Glass which is insanely easy to apply. Its a white liquid, the consistency of liquid wax. You just smear the stuff on, spread out a thin layer over all the paint and then park your car in the sun for a few hours to bake. Then it just wipes off.

After this initial application you really dont have to do much to apply a new application the next time you wash your car, just wash, run your hand over the car when wet looking for spots that have road debris, clay those off, wash that area, and then reapply the liquid glass over the whole car. Each subsequent layer of liquid glass reduces the chances road debris and bird crap will stick to your car resulting in each subsequent layer of liquid glass reducing the probability you'll need to clay bar it.

The initial application truly is a pain, but, you're putting a sealant on the car so no different than the prep work you'd have to put in if you were going to apply a ceramic coating or some other newer chemical sealant. The end result though is astonishing. You'll end up with a car that looks perpetually wet and highly reflective...well...assuming you removed all that wax and polish before the initial application, otherwise, you're going to end up with hazy spots where you failed to remove it.

OP
OP
Temesvar

Temesvar

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Coupe Si
Country flag
Oh geeze, thats a loaded question. Basically you have to strip your paint of any wax or other substances that could be on it otherwise they'll be locked under the liquid glass which would cause the end result to be hazy. Long story short, you wash your car like usual. Then clay bar your car. Then wash it again. Dry it. You'll be able to visually see spots that are more reflective than others, which are spots that you missed when claying which still have some kind of polish or wax on it. Clay those areas.

Before washing again, wet the car and walk around the car running your hand over every part, your hands will easily feel any road debris you missed from claying, you'd be amazed how tiny of a particle your finger tips can detect. Clay that stuff off. When you're positive there's not wax/polish left on the car and no road debris left...wash...again! lol.

Dry the car thoroughly and then apply the Liquid Glass which is insanely easy to apply. Its a white liquid, the consistency of liquid wax. You just smear the stuff on, spread out a thin layer over all the paint and then park your car in the sun for a few hours to bake. Then it just wipes off.

After this initial application you really dont have to do much to apply a new application the next time you wash your car, just wash, run your hand over the car when wet looking for spots that have road debris, clay those off, wash that area, and then reapply the liquid glass over the whole car. Each subsequent layer of liquid glass reduces the chances road debris and bird crap will stick to your car resulting in each subsequent layer of liquid glass reducing the probability you'll need to clay bar it.

The initial application truly is a pain, but, you're putting a sealant on the car so no different than the prep work you'd have to put in if you were going to apply a ceramic coating or some other newer chemical sealant. The end result though is astonishing. You'll end up with a car that looks perpetually wet and highly reflective...well...assuming you removed all that wax and polish before the initial application, otherwise, you're going to end up with hazy spots where you failed to remove it.
Although i don't live in the woods, have to admit I never heard of claybar! Had to look it up how that is being done. Highly appreciate your help. And, by the way, good choice in car color :)
Sponsored