Jaren
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR, '12 Toyota Tundra, '98 Civic LX
Country flag
I'm looking to add custom look and function to the front of my R but a little unsure and overwhelmed by all the various products available. That said I'm looking for suggestions on Lip + Splitter combos. I will prioritize function (the splitter) over the aesthetic of a lip if say the 2 aren't compatible. The reason for this is I track my R.

Currently I'm leaning towards the Racebred splitter with chassis mount, so ideally a lip that will play nicely with this, but open to the idea of another splitter. As far as lip I really like the look of the Seibon and Mugen products.

Appreciate all feedback, cheers
Sponsored

b2point0h

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2006 v8 4x4 4Runner
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Racebred is a solid option, but they don’t make brackets for the FK8 yet. You’ll have to use the S2K ones and modify them.

If you’re looking for a ready to go solution, check out Verus Engineeing. They’re 3D scanned and wind tunnel tested. They also make a rear diffuser, canards, and an OEM carbon replacement rear wing that generates more downforce.

https://www.verus-engineering.com/s...-10th-gen-honda-civic-type-r-1195?category=53

OP
OP
CaptClutch

CaptClutch

First Name
Jaren
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Racebred is a solid option, but they don’t make brackets for the FK8 yet. You’ll have to use the S2K ones and modify them.

If you’re looking for a ready to go solution, check out Verus Engineeing. They’re 3D scanned and wind tunnel tested. They also make a rear diffuser, canards, and an OEM carbon replacement rear wing that generates more downforce.

https://www.verus-engineering.com/s...-10th-gen-honda-civic-type-r-1195?category=53
Looks like a solid product and the rear diffuser looks great too! I wonder how much modification, if any, would be needed to run with either lip I mentioned (Seibon or Mugen). I'll try reaching out to Verus

b2point0h

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks like a solid product and the rear diffuser looks great too! I wonder how much modification, if any, would be needed to run with either lip I mentioned (Seibon or Mugen). I'll try reaching out to Verus
The front splitter attaches directly to the bumper, and the support rods go into the crash beam, so I’m pretty sure the lips will not work. There’s an install PDF on that product page I linked, and you can see how it looks like from the underside.

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag

I haven't seen an oem carbon replacement wing that produces more downforce made by verus? unless im missing it? Link?

OP
OP
CaptClutch

CaptClutch

First Name
Jaren
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I haven't seen an oem carbon replacement wing that produces more downforce made by verus? unless im missing it? Link?
I saw it in one of their product documents but couldn't find it on the site so in my email I asked where it was located and here is the response I got

"It is not available for sale yet. We currently have a group buy for this rear wing, but unfortunately it is full at the moment. If somebody drops out, I can certainly let you know. They will be available for purchase on the website later this spring though."

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I saw it in one of their product documents but couldn't find it on the site so in my email I asked where it was located and here is the response I got

"It is not available for sale yet. We currently have a group buy for this rear wing, but unfortunately it is full at the moment. If somebody drops out, I can certainly let you know. They will be available for purchase on the website later this spring though."
Do you happen to know what the price will be?

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
The wing element is out of my budget, but I think I can swing for the splitter, diffuser, and dive planes/canards. I wonder what the "best" combination of these three parts, in conjunction with the stock wing, is though. I'm assuming the car is rear biased from the factory with the stock wing downforce "outweighing" that of the stock front lip and adding the Verus splitter and rear diffuser effectively cancel each other out, with the rear overall bias remaining. Finally throw the canards into the mix and maybe it's now balanced front to rear. Although it does seem logical to me that a front biased setup would be optimal for a FWD car, but what I do know. I know this isn't scientific at all but I'm just thinking out loud here and trying to facilitate discussion.

b2point0h

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I actually DMed Verus on Instagram with these questions but they didn't really give me specifics and just said that they'd recommend all 3 parts and that they'd work fine with the stock wing. They also are not concerned with the downforce these parts generate on stock springs/suspension. I forgot to ask if it's fine to run the 3 part setup with summer street tires, but I'm assuming that's also fine. Overall, while these parts are properly engineered and proven, they're not like straight up hardcore racecar levels of aero, so they should be fine for dual duty street/track builds.

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Check out their informative packet that details the characteristics of each part, as well as the flow data. All 3/4 parts combined make up the “Ventus 2” package.

https://www.verus-engineering.com/w...fc2b15b4ecb3822aadf9c027db57350&download=true
Thanks for this. So their "level 1 and 2" packages each contain one front and one rear element. First the canards and diffuser, then the lip and spoiler. I guess that says a lot about which provide the most downforce. I'm leaning towards the front splitter and rear diffuser only. Should make for a balanced setup.

b2point0h

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for this. So their "level 1 and 2" packages each contain one front and one rear element. First the canards and diffuser, then the lip and spoiler. I guess that says a lot about which provide the most downforce. I'm leaning towards the front splitter and rear diffuser only. Should make for a balanced setup.
Yep, exactly! I’ll be doing front splitter and rear P10 wing.
Sponsored