Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
that's all i need to read,

it all makes sense to me now :doh:

play stupid games.....win stupid prizes
Yes. Anyone who tunes their vehicle is stupid. Me, charlesrivers, dallasjhawk, myx, gotch and all others with tunes here... all dumb. Thanks so much for letting us know, Mark. Amazing insight.

This! Every civic problem story on here has the same thing in common. And no it’s not the cvt. CVT or Manual every issue is they were tuned
Interesting. Very interesting. Wasn't this you wanting to tune your car?
https://www.civicx.com/threads/anyone-running-stage-1-on-a-cvt.32214/
Sponsored

Last edited:

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Interesting. Very interesting. Wasn't this you wanting to tune your car?
https://www.civicx.com/threads/anyone-running-stage-1-on-a-cvt.32214/
yeah and didn’t you think there was a reason why almost 12 months later I never did it? Because all I read about is constant problems from it.

If you’ve managed to tune without problems, that’s awesome. But given that most posts are “I fucked up my car with a tune gotta reflash to stock so Honda ....” just nope for me.

Last edited:

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Limp mode upload_2019-12-30_18-24-25

Cool story bro... Heres the dyno on my car that is still going on strong. Mind you this is way above what regular base maps will do even the TSP OTS tunes.

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
Hey, I don't need to hear about you blowing trannies.

Frankly, I blame Fast and Furious. If not for that movie franchise, not one person would know dick or do dick and get fucked by dick with a blown up car. Leave tuning to the professionals, son.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You guys do realize that 95+ percent of tuned 10th gens are doing just fine right?

Check out the survey if you think I'm bs'ing. And like I've mentioned abuse is generally the cause of the problems.

But you know what? Preach the dangers of tuning. Feel free. I'll enjoy my helluva fun tuned car.

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
You guys do realize that 95+ percent of tuned 10th gens are doing just fine right?

Check out the survey if you think I'm bs'ing. And like I've mentioned abuse is generally the cause of the problems.

But you know what? Preach the dangers of tuning. Feel free. I'll enjoy my helluva fun tuned car.
People need to be happy with what they've got while they're under warranty. If you blow it up, it's a given that the dealer is going to look at the flash count and see it's been flashed at least 3x and deny your claim to warranty. It's not like the days where they would try to weasel out of a warranty because you put a K&N air filter on it. If you flash it, your warranty is over. If you're lucky, the mechanic will be a fat lazy slob and won't bother to investigate. haha.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
FC3L15B7, everyone here knows there's inherent risk/reward in tuning. And being here since 2015, I've read and written a ton on tuning pros and cons. The base tunes are super dialed back and conservative. The tuning reliability survey shows most people have had little to no problems.

As far as your comment about people needing to "be happy with what they got" until the warranty is out, that's your opinion, but...

I've been modding my cars for 40 years under warranty. It's a choice to personalize and improve on the generic factory car. And most folks don't want to wait 5 years to truly improve their cars driveability. A tune isn't just about ultimate power. The reduced lag, removed rev hang, better than stock throttle response and improved VSA all contribute to a much better driving experience.

A simple tune is a great mod. Back in the day I was adding intakes and exhausts and boring out throttle bodies etc. to eek out power. With a tune, you have a plug and play standalone mod that gives you'll all you really need even without any other mod.

Last but not least your comment about the warranty being over if you flash a tune is untrue. My warranty is intact. Obviously, destroy an engine or transmission and you're most likely screwed but you're assuming all tuned cars will have mechanical issues related to the warranty. Also, a tune won't affect someones coverage on their A/C, for example.

Last edited:

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
↑
that's all i need to read,

it all makes sense to me now :doh:

play stupid games.....win stupid prizes

Yes. Anyone who tunes their vehicle is stupid. Me, charlesrivers, dallasjhawk, myx, gotch and all others with tunes here... all dumb. Thanks so much for letting us know, Mark. Amazing insight.

Yup! I iz stupid and dumb! Haven't even changed out my non-slipping stock clutch, so yup, I'm dumb...;)

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Technically Mark never said anyone was stupid. His "stupid games" comment was directed to those who have a higher tolerance for risk than him. He probably should've said "roll the dice, accept the consequences"?? Anyway, add me to the list of those patiently waiting for an update from OP.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
upload_2019-12-30_18-24-25.png

Cool story bro... Heres the dyno on my car that is still going on strong. Mind you this is way above what regular base maps will do even the TSP OTS tunes.
What caused the low rpm "Hershey Kiss" and the midrange "W" in the dyno runs - they look nasty?

oberstja

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ve had my Civic on stage 2 KTuner for 6 months with literally no issue whatsoever. I perform regular maintenance and I don’t drive my car batshit crazy. It’s still a Civic at the end of the day.